Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 19-06-2020, 12:43 PM
Master

Does Charles Darwin approve of “Answers in Genesis”?

Answers in Genesis is an organization founded and led by Ken Ham that is dedicated to proving that the Bible’s account of creation recorded in Genesis is true and can be supported scientifically. It has aroused a great deal of controversy. It is strongly supported by many Bible believers. It is disliked by unbelievers who accept the popular idea that life evolved over millions of years and even by some Christians who also accept this belief. (For a long time I was in this group. I was a Christian but I also believed that the theory of evolution had been scientifically proven. If I had known of Answers in Genesis I would probably have believed that what it was teaching was false. In the last few years I have come to realized that in fact there is no evidence supporting evolution.)

Recently a thought occurred to me. What is Charles Darwin’s opinion of Answers in Genesis? Darwin died in 1882, but his soul still exists. How have his views changed since his death?

In his early life Darwin believed in God and even majored in theology in college. Later he lost his faith and became an agnostic. There are accounts that claim he was converted to Christianity before he died but there seems to be no evidence that any of those accounts are true. But it is possible that he was converted before his death and simply didn’t have a chance to tell anyone about it. If this is the case then he is in heaven now. He realizes that he was wrong in what he wrote and that his writings have misled many people. If so, he approves of Answers in Genesis and its efforts to refute his errors and lead people to a knowledge of the truth.

It is also possible that Darwin persisted in his unbelief and is now in Hades waiting for the final judgment when he will be condemned to the Lake of Fire. He realizes the error of his teaching and how harmful it is to others. Jesus once reported the words of a man who was in Hades.

And he said, “Then I beg you, father, to send him to my father’s house—for I have five brothers—so that he may warn them, lest they also come into this place of torment.”
Luke 16:27,28 ESV

This shows that those in Hades are still concerned about the state of the living and don’t want them to share their suffering. If this is so, then Darwin surely supports Answers in Genesis.

We won’t know whether or not Darwin is saved until we get to heaven and find out whether he is there, but is seems likely that whether he is saved of lost he approves of the work of creationist organizations such as Answers in Genesis.
Old 19-06-2020, 12:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus
Answers in Genesis is an organization founded and led by Ken Ham that is dedicated to proving that the Bible’s account of creation recorded in Genesis is true and can be supported scientifically. It has aroused a great deal of controversy. It is strongly supported by many Bible believers. It is disliked by unbelievers who accept the popular idea that life evolved over millions of years and even by some Christians who also accept this belief. (For a long time I was in this group. I was a Christian but I also believed that the theory of evolution had been scientifically proven. If I had known of Answers in Genesis I would probably have believed that what it was teaching was false. In the last few years I have come to realized that in fact there is no evidence supporting evolution.)

Recently a thought occurred to me. What is Charles Darwin’s opinion of Answers in Genesis? Darwin died in 1882, but his soul still exists. How have his views changed since his death?

In his early life Darwin believed in God and even majored in theology in college. Later he lost his faith and became an agnostic. There are accounts that claim he was converted to Christianity before he died but there seems to be no evidence that any of those accounts are true. But it is possible that he was converted before his death and simply didn’t have a chance to tell anyone about it. If this is the case then he is in heaven now. He realizes that he was wrong in what he wrote and that his writings have misled many people. If so, he approves of Answers in Genesis and its efforts to refute his errors and lead people to a knowledge of the truth.

It is also possible that Darwin persisted in his unbelief and is now in Hades waiting for the final judgment when he will be condemned to the Lake of Fire. He realizes the error of his teaching and how harmful it is to others. Jesus once reported the words of a man who was in Hades.

And he said, “Then I beg you, father, to send him to my father’s house—for I have five brothers—so that he may warn them, lest they also come into this place of torment.”
Luke 16:27,28 ESV

This shows that those in Hades are still concerned about the state of the living and don’t want them to share their suffering. If this is so, then Darwin surely supports Answers in Genesis.

We won’t know whether or not Darwin is saved until we get to heaven and find out whether he is there, but is seems likely that whether he is saved of lost he approves of the work of creationist organizations such as Answers in Genesis.

Why would Darwin be in Hades for educating people ?
Old 19-06-2020, 01:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Why would Darwin be in Hades for educating people ?
Educating the people about what?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 19-06-2020, 01:19 PM
Master

If you look at the story of Adam and Eve from Genesis and then you look at Buddha's story, you will find that both stories have much in common... Both Adam and Eve and Buddha were placed in a heavenly place, both were told not to do a certain thing and both failed but the failure is not a failure.. When Buddha went outside of his heavenly place, his eyes were opened, when Eve and Adam ate from the forbidden fruit, their eyes were opened...

What is the lesson here? Don't take the scriptures too literally.. they are stories meant to convey deeper messages..... If you spend the time and study the mythological stories and the scriptures of the old religions, you will find again and again and again the archetypes of human consciousness...

In my opinion, it's all about the consciousness.. the lowest consciousness is presented to us by the archetype of Satan, Lucifer, the devil.. and the highest consciousness is presented to us by the archetype of God.. After all, the new testament scripture do say to have the Mind of Christ... which is the highest consciousness..

What caused Lucifer's fall, his pride, right? What is pride, is it not self-centeredness? he was so immersed in his own self that he totally lost the connection with the ALL and so the lower consciousness was born which is a very centered view on the illusory self - I am just separated being, it's all about me me me.
Old 19-06-2020, 01:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
If you look at the story of Adam and Eve from Genesis and then you look at Buddha's story, you will find that both stories have much in common... Both Adam and Eve and Buddha were placed in a heavenly place, both were told not to do a certain thing and both failed but the failure is not a failure.. When Buddha went outside of his heavenly place, his eyes were opened, when Eve and Adam ate from the forbidden fruit, their eyes were opened...

What is the lesson here? Don't take the scriptures too literally.. they are stories meant to convey deeper messages..... If you spend the time and study the mythological stories and the scriptures of the old religions, you will find again and again and again the archetypes of human consciousness...

In my opinion, it's all about the consciousness.. the lowest consciousness is presented to us by the archetype of Satan, Lucifer, the devil.. and the highest consciousness is presented to us by the archetype of God.. After all, the new testament scripture do say to have the Mind of Christ... which is the highest consciousness..

' Both were told not to do a certain thing and both failed '

What was Buddha told to do and failed and who told him ?
Old 19-06-2020, 01:56 PM
Master

Quote:
' Both were told not to do a certain thing and both failed '

What was Buddha told to do and failed and who told him ?

To stay in his heavenly place. The very one who made for him this heavenly place, his father... It kinda make sense, after all, who was the only one who made that heavenly place for the Buddha, not his father? This is what our parents usually do, they offer us a bubble world to keep us protected from the real world.

Archetypes of human consciousness, there's no mystery here.
Old 19-06-2020, 02:04 PM
Master
Quote:
To stay in his heavenly place. The very one who made for him this heavenly place, his father... It kinda make sense, after all, who was the only one who made that heavenly place for the Buddha, not his father? This is what our parents usually do, they offer us a bubble world to keep us protected from the real world.

Archetypes of human consciousness, there's no mystery here.

It wasn't ' Heavenly ' according to Buddha otherwise he wouldn't have left. The reason His Father surposedly didn't want him to go was regarding Inheritance...
Thankfully he disobeyed
Old 19-06-2020, 02:17 PM
Master

Quote:
It wasn't ' Heavenly ' according to Buddha otherwise he wouldn't have left. The reason His Father surposedly didn't want him to go was regarding Inheritance...
Thankfully he disobeyed

Do you think Eve was really that silly to listen to a talking snake just like that? No, something from inside her made her to listen to the talking snake and eat the forbidden fruit.

Something from inside of Buddha made him to go outside.

It's the Atman's ( in christian terms, the Spirit ) searching for the truth about Itself, that Atman is Brahman, it all boils down to this. This is my opinion, both Adam and Eve and Buddha were moved by this yearning.

Inheritance.. what is this, it's not mantaining the statu quo? Adam and Eve could very well stay in their heavenly place but that would have never offered them the unity with God through direct experience, hence, the knowledge of good and evil - You will be like God, the snake said.
Old 19-06-2020, 02:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Do you think Eve was really that silly to listen to a talking snake just like that? No, something from inside her made her to listen to the talking snake and eat the forbidden fruit.

Something from inside of Buddha made him to go outside.

It's the Atman's ( in christian terms, the Spirit ) searching for the truth about Itself, that Atman is Brahman, it all boils down to this. This is my opinion, both Adam and Eve and Buddha were moved by this yearning.

Inheritance.. what is this, it's not mantaining the statu quo? Adam and Eve could very well stay in their heavenly place but that would have never offered them the unity with God through direct experience, hence, the knowledge of good and evil - You will be like God, the snake said.

I don't believe in the Adam/Eve Story nor a soul. Buddha also didn't believe in a soul, neither do Buddhists
I think you know what inheritance means....
Old 19-06-2020, 03:16 PM
Master

Quote:
I don't believe in the Adam/Eve Story nor a soul. Buddha also didn't believe in a soul, neither do Buddhists
I think you know what inheritance means....

We are all sparks of God.

Adam and Eve inherited God's creation and God's nature, everything was given to them in the early beginning. This was the will of the Father, it could not be otherwise.

A father gives to his children his own inheritance, not just physical things, but they also inherit profound things that are at about one's consciousness, one's nature.. Buddha's father did exactly the same thing...

This is the archetype of the human consciousness.... How the story is related it's not of much importance, it's about the message it tries to convey.

This is just my opinion, there's an yearning in all living things to move further, to evolve, there's an yearning in all the Sparks of God to find their true nature and achieve unity.