Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > General

Old 04-11-2010, 05:00 AM
Master
Cool weird questionq

am I a looser ????

Okay here's why. I'm 35. I have a total of 2grand in my savings account, we rent a home but we love it because it's in the middle of nowhere. we are okay on bills, the only thing we owe and make payments on is Dan's car which will be paid off in two years maybe sooner, after that we own five cars (yeah five but we love our cars and actually after these payments we can start working on them).
We are both happy, plenty to eat, plenty to do stuff with.
We are the type where money isn't important to us, that we don't believe in status symbols for example I've owned my car I drive all over the place for 12 years and plan to run it to the ground I don't need a fancy car.
I only work part time, but the reason I can only work 10 shifts a month is because of my anxiety issues, if I work full time I cannot hold down a job.
Okay I know weird question but at 35 with only cars that I own, and renting and only having 2 grand in savings I have no retirement but Dan does....am I a looser?

Spiritlite.
Old 04-11-2010, 05:03 AM
Master
Lightbulb

Are you asking that because you think that only having a relatively small savings account makes you a loser or what? Your life as described sounds pretty happy. How could one be a loser if they seem to be enjoying life for the most part?

Old 04-11-2010, 05:12 AM
Master
True that's so true. Here I am saying I dont like status symbols then I ask if I'm a looser because I only have 2 grand in savings.
yeah I'm happy with my life.
yeah I guess I'm askin gif I'm a looser for only having two grand in savings.
Thanks for waking me up Silver LOL
Spiritlite. xoxox
Old 04-11-2010, 05:14 AM
Pathfinder
*raises brow* Here is my question for you. Why are you defining your self worth based on material things that you own?

Here is a thought to consider.. it is something I wrote three days ago as I was conversing with one of my friends: So my thought is, when we are in awareness of who we are and our connection to everything we realize we are never alone. We find kinship in the animals we see, the plants we feel, the stars and the sun. We feel kinship with our fellow humans including those who are close to us, and all beings, we never feel alone. And because of this we usually do not find material possessions as important. But when we begin to find more worth in ownership of material things we start to somehow lose connection to our true spiritual self. We become separated from our own understanding. Not because material possessions are the cause of it but because we start to ignore what we innately know is true. Over time that voice gets lost and a soul keeps coming back trying to remind us of that. That importance is not from what we gather and accumulate within our physical lives, because we can't take it with us when our time is up. But in that who we are and in those we love and in our actions of what we do. That is where I believe our true self worth lies.

Geeze I feel like I'm hogging you! *looks sheepish* I just keep getting drawn to your posts at this time.

Much love
novaspirit
Old 04-11-2010, 05:16 AM
Master
I also know that with the economy the way it is, that a lot of people are in my situation and I wonder how many of those people feel like they are a "looser" or are they struggling so much that all they care about is keeping a roof over their heads etc.
I've read that in my hometown where I live the abuse of narcotics is through the roof, and I often wonder if that's related to the terrible economy especially in a small town like mine where jobs are very very hard to come by, I mean even our local walmart is having a hiring freeze. It's a shame. It also makes me wonder how it may push people to sell those narcotics or other drugs just to survive. yeah it's a bad way to survive but heck it beats living in a cardboard box.
Spiritlite.
Old 04-11-2010, 05:18 AM
SoaringSpirit

You are definately not a loser. It sounds to me like your life is pretty fine at the moment. Having financial success is not the measure of success in general.

I'd rather be happy with a little money than unhappy with millions....
Old 04-11-2010, 05:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by novaspirit
*raises brow* Here is my question for you. Why are you defining your self worth based on material things that you own?

Here is a thought to consider.. it is something I wrote three days ago as I was conversing with one of my friends: So my thought is, when we are in awareness of who we are and our connection to everything we realize we are never alone. We find kinship in the animals we see, the plants we feel, the stars and the sun. We feel kinship with our fellow humans including those who are close to us, and all beings, we never feel alone. And because of this we usually do not find material possessions as important. But when we begin to find more worth in ownership of material things we start to somehow lose connection to our true spiritual self. We become separated from our own understanding. Not because material possessions are the cause of it but because we start to ignore what we innately know is true. Over time that voice gets lost and a soul keeps coming back trying to remind us of that. That importance is not from what we gather and accumulate within our physical lives, because we can't take it with us when our time is up. But in that who we are and in those we love and in our actions of what we do. That is where I believe our true self worth lies.

Geeze I feel like I'm hogging you! *looks sheepish* I just keep getting drawn to your posts at this time.

Much love
novaspirit

Nova you crack me up. well in reality I didn't mean to sound like I was taking inventory of the cars we own, the only reason I mentioned those mainly was because I LOVE cars and so does Dan. I fiddle on cars and learnt how to when I would help my dad on his many cars he owned as well. It's just fun.
True material possessions push you away from spirituality so so true. I figured that one out when Dan and I were in deep financial issues. At the time I was on disabiltiy so not bringing a lot in, we were making payments for a credit card that was 2 grand a month and we had to pay else we would've been sued apparantly. There were weeks where we had 10 dollars to live off. I remember one weekend we spent our last dollar on toilet paper I have no clue how we did it. However, also during that time (we had no tv, no computer, nothing) I also became a lot more spiritual.
I still am spiritual. Everythign we own righ tnow was either given to us becuase people for example just bought a new TV and gave us their old one, or someone gave us their old couch. We don't believe in buying new clothes we buy from thriftstores etc. Actually I'm rather proud of the fact that we dont' believe in buying new and shiney things, first it's a waste to mother earth, second it doesn't make me happy to sit on a shiny leather sofa, third I guess deep down Dan and I are hippies.
xox
I love that you respond to my thoughts with such thought and I thankyou.
Old 04-11-2010, 05:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoaringSpirit
You are definately not a loser. It sounds to me like your life is pretty fine at the moment. Having financial success is not the measure of success in general.

I'd rather be happy with a little money than unhappy with millions....

True I have a friend right now whose husband makes a lot of money, and she is so unhappy at the moment with her husband and her life. I don't envy her, true even if you have a lot of money doesn't mean you're happy :)
Spiritlite.
Old 04-11-2010, 05:25 AM
Master
Yep, your diffidently no loser, might be time for you to realize that and start enjoying your life, I myself am on a disability pension, but I believe I am living like a king compared to a lot that live each day just to find something to eat.
Old 04-11-2010, 05:28 AM
Master
Psycho you're so right on. So many people go to bed hungry each night, and so many children too...you're right we're living like royalty compared to what others have to live like
I'm feeling more and more appreciative since I've posted this for what I have and who I have.
Thankyou everyone
Spiritlite.