Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 07-10-2012, 10:56 AM
Master
Krishnamurti: Will this thread be as long as the Tolle one?

I liked the Tolle thread and it was fun, but Krishnamurti is a fun guy too.

To start knowing Krishnamurti I first read his speech 'The Truth Is a Pathless Land'.

Here is an extract from it:

I maintain that Truth is a pathless land, and you cannot approach it by any path whatsoever, by any religion, by any sect. That is my point of view, and I adhere to that absolutely and unconditionally. Truth, being limitless, unconditioned, unapproachable by any path whatsoever, cannot be organized; nor should any organization be formed to lead or to coerce people along any particular path. If you first understand that, then you will see how impossible it is to organize a belief. A belief is purely an individual matter, and you cannot and must not organize it. If you do, it becomes dead, crystallized; it becomes a creed, a sect, a religion, to be imposed on others. This is what everyone throughout the world is attempting to do. Truth is narrowed down and made a plaything for those who are weak, for those who are only momentarily discontented. Truth cannot be brought down, rather the individual must make the effort to ascend to it. You cannot bring the mountain-top to the valley. If you would attain to the mountain-top you must pass through the valley, climb the steeps, unafraid of the dangerous precipices.

The whole thing here: http://www.jiddu-krishnamurti.net/en/1929-truth-is-a-pathless-land
Old 07-10-2012, 11:03 AM
amy green

Thumbs up

Since there is no controversial title, e.g. "Krishnamurti's method is the only way"...am taking a wild guess and saying there will be less drama involved.

He is a wonderful, inspiring man - he influenced me a fair bit many decades ago now.

Are there layers of truth I wonder, i.e. subjective and objective?
Old 07-10-2012, 11:10 AM
peacegarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I liked the Tolle thread and it was fun, but Krishnamurti is a fun guy too.

To start knowing Krishnamurti I first read his speech 'The Truth Is a Pathless Land'.

Here is an extract from it:

I maintain that Truth is a pathless land, and you cannot approach it by any path whatsoever, by any religion, by any sect. That is my point of view, and I adhere to that absolutely and unconditionally. Truth, being limitless, unconditioned, unapproachable by any path whatsoever, cannot be organized; nor should any organization be formed to lead or to coerce people along any particular path. If you first understand that, then you will see how impossible it is to organize a belief. A belief is purely an individual matter, and you cannot and must not organize it. If you do, it becomes dead, crystallized; it becomes a creed, a sect, a religion, to be imposed on others. This is what everyone throughout the world is attempting to do. Truth is narrowed down and made a plaything for those who are weak, for those who are only momentarily discontented. Truth cannot be brought down, rather the individual must make the effort to ascend to it. You cannot bring the mountain-top to the valley. If you would attain to the mountain-top you must pass through the valley, climb the steeps, unafraid of the dangerous precipices.

The whole thing here: http://www.jiddu-krishnamurti.net/en/1929-truth-is-a-pathless-land

That's a beautiful extract. I don't know much about krishnamurti, perhaps I will start now, then I can join the discussion.

I agree with Amy, you should've called the thread; 'Krishnamurti's advice is poor' or something like that.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegarden
That's a beautiful extract. I don't know much about krishnamurti, perhaps I will start now, then I can join the discussion.

I agree with Amy, you should've called the thread; 'Krishnamurti's advice is poor' or something like that.

Kirisnamurti (or whatever the hell his name is) is the devil's spawn!
Old 07-10-2012, 11:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Hahahahaha
Old 07-10-2012, 11:22 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem

First then

now

Yours

A Peaceful Mind
Old 07-10-2012, 11:25 AM
peacegarden

Watching his talks on youtube. I like his accent He looks a bit more stern than Tolle though
Old 07-10-2012, 11:50 AM
Buzz

He's a grumpy old buzzard and he makes Tolle come across like Jim Carry!!!
Old 07-10-2012, 01:02 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
He's a grumpy old buzzard and he makes Tolle come across like Jim Carry!!!
I like Tolle better because he doesn't seem as bitter. Sure men get bitter when they're old, but I thought spirituality was supposed to help with that.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
For the organized religion alright.
Although the pathless land seemed to be a borrowed idea from buddhist tradition of pathless path.
And his examples are all well used up metaphors of so many traditional teachings.
So i am saying the opposite, truth can be approach thru everything.
Imo it is the motive and intention that counts.
How much do you want it?

So how do you go about in a pathless land?
He said there is nothing you can do to be enlightened.
All you can do is to be aware of yourself at all times.
Which happens to be the advice of ramana, niz, tolle spoken in vsrious ways.
Even jesus' "abide in me"? Was reminiscnet of these teachings.