Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Time Travel

Closed Thread

Old 30-01-2006, 06:40 AM
Enlightener

Time travel IS possible

First I would like to say that there is no such thing as time, not as we know it to be, anyway. Time is merely a concept that we have created to moniter the distance that the Earth travels through the universe. And thus because there is no such thing as time you can transcend this "universal indicator". Time is a relational concept.

Time is not a continuum. When you think about time you should think about it as an element of relativity that exists vertically, not horizontally. Don't think of it as a 'left to right' thing - a so called time line that runs from birth to death for each individual, and from some finite point to some finite point in the universe. Time is an 'up and down' thing. Think of it as a spindle representing the Eternal Moment of Now.
Now picture leafs of paper on the spindle, one atop the other. These are the elements of time. Each element separate and distinct, yet each existing simultaneously with the other. All the paper on the spindle at once! As much as there ever will be, as much as there ever was...
There is only One Moment - this moment - the Eternal Moment of Now.

Einstein theorized that if it wasn't "time" which was moving, but he who was moving through space at a given rate, all he had to do was change the amount of space between objects - or change the rate of speed with which he moved through space from one object to another - to "alter" time.

The universe is expanding at incredible speeds, and if you could travel as fast as this you would be able to travel through time.

...sorry have to get off the computer. Will finish this later.
Old 30-01-2006, 08:20 AM
Poppies

I'm looking forward to reading more! :)
Old 14-02-2006, 11:54 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enlightener
Think of it as a spindle representing the Eternal Moment of Now.
Now picture leafs of paper on the spindle, one atop the other. These are the elements of time. Each element separate and distinct, yet each existing simultaneously with the other. All the paper on the spindle at once! As much as there ever will be, as much as there ever was...

What a great way of looking at it, Enlightener

Time is just a man-made constraint, but unfortunately it is so pervasive in modern life that we all fall under its linear one-way-only spell.

I believe you can manipulate time pretty much any way you want. Pick a memory of something in what traditionally you'd call the "past". As you begin to remember, that moment comes alive again and fuses with the "present".

If you adopt a more universal view of things, the traditional constraints melt away. It's like realising that people who have died haven't disappeared, they're still around, it's just that you have to change your way of thinking to still perceive them.

Love and Light,

Jeremy
Old 24-02-2006, 10:32 AM
ross

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enlightener

Hi guys,
this reminds me of an experience I had a few years ago, not long after I had started working on my spiritual development. I was cycling home on a main road a few miles from my house at about midday. I passed a lane that I had never seen before which took me right off my route at a tangent, but I felt the urge to go down it so I went back to see where it went. The lane took me down a dirt track which in turn took me into some woods. A short way into the woods I came to a clearing. As I entered into the clearing I saw a deer stood facing me about 100 yards away, we became aware of each other's presence at exactly the same moment and our eyes locked. In that moment I felt a total sense of unity with the deer, as if we were one and nothing else in the universe mattered or existed except us and our experience of each other. He then turned and bounded off into the woods. The whole thing lasted less than a couple of seconds but during those seconds there was no time, I didn't know if I'd been stood there for a minute, an hour or a day.
There are tantric tecniques practised by yogis and Tibetan lamas that allow the practitioner to condense their perception of an hour into a single second and their perception of a second into an hour, but this takes a lifetime, maybe more to master.
Quote:
"There is no such thing as time, it's just a necessary concept because the human brain can't percieve all events occuring in the same instant"
Albert Einstein
Old 09-03-2006, 10:47 PM
Red Sky

Concept of time and deja vu

I've always been fascinated by the concept of time but this is one of the best explanations I've heard so far that explains it in a way I can understand. What about deja vu? Is this time converging at some point or does it have something to do with our perception? I've experienced this several times and find it unsettling. I'd love to hear more.
Old 10-03-2006, 02:51 PM
bodylisious32

HI RED SKY,
THIS IS A POST I POSTED ALONG TIME AGO ON ANOTHER FORUM, DREEMMOODS, ON THERE SPIRITUAL SITE.

I was haveing a reading done the other night , by my normal pychic reader who i visit when i decide that a reading is apropiate , i had decided to go 4 a reading because things was happening in my house , thort she could clarify the situation 4 me, , during my readin , she told me i had been under a phychic attack, and that other beings had latched on to my solar plexus , causeing me discomfomfort, this is true , i did have discomfort , but i didnt tell her this, she began my reading and we had been tapeing the reading on to tape, during the reading i had felt completly oblivious to what she was saying to me i was so relaxed and fixated on her aura, i was like tranced , but aware, i remember thinking cos i wasnt takeing the imformation in , i would rely on listening to the tape, she then performed a aura clense on me and shut me down proply , as i had negetive energy feeding off me , zapping my solar plexus, when i got home to play the tape back, as i couldnt hardly remember anythink of wat she said to me, the tape was just riddled voice like smurf talk, when i spoke to her the next day , i let her hear the tape , i told her i couldnt remember anythink of my reading , and my tape was messed up completely, she said its sound like i had went through a time travel were they take you out of body , as it was obvious that there was certain information on that tape that i was not allowed to know,
she has since spoke with a friend of her brother in -laws, who as the machinery, that alters voice differences ect...........spirit/ E.T phenomenon, as there was defenetly other voices over hers clearly,
As anyone ever had a experience of this nature ?.
MUCH LOVE AND LIGHT.
XXXKEZXXX.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:32 PM
Red Sky

Hi again Bodylisious,

(Sorry I think I spelled your name wrong on a previous post)

Anyway, I've never had an experience like that. But as I said in the previous post I get the deja vu experience quite often. I've heard some people say that it is time converging at some point, like time lines crossing. Then others say it is our perception of time sort of like a short circuit in the brain. I don't know what causes it but I'm always interested in what other people think regarding this type of experience. It certainly has to have some foundation because enough people have experienced it.
Old 11-03-2006, 01:41 AM
Pounamu

The things that are going to happen in our lives come down the 7 Manifestation Planes (slowly or fast, depending on how spiritually evolved we are). Often when we go travelling in our dreamtime bodies at night, we see these things; then when they come down into physical manifestation, we feel we've seen or experienced them before - and we have! On the dreamtime planes.
Old 11-03-2006, 08:32 AM
Red Sky

Thank you Pounamu. That makes sense. I hadn't thought of it that way.
Old 06-04-2006, 10:14 PM
prachi

Hi Enlightener!
i read ur piece on time
very profound.
will u please elucidate more upon looking at time vertically and not horizontly...
i agree with the part of there being 1 eternal now....
once i had a similar experience. of strange bliss... where nothign matters anymre. and that's when i felt the timelessness of now... how that moment of eternal bliss- of communion with Creator can be stretched into life... and then my whole life becomes just one moment...
hope you'll explain ur concept more to me... i'm vrey keen on knowing it better.
AUM
Closed Thread