Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 12-01-2016, 01:21 PM
Pathfinder

Need help with journeying

Hi all,

I have been interested in shamanic journeying for some time now (probably 3 years), but have never managed to get into it and have a journey.

I have read books (a book) and various forum threads, spoken to a shamanic friend, but I just can't seem to get into the trance like state. I have this problem with meditation too, for whatever reason my brain/ego is determined to halt any progress in this area.

Ok, so some questions I would love answers to:
1) When trying to get into the state does one concentrate on deep breathing or the drum beat?
2) I find myself 'narrating' to try to get into the place to journey to the underworld, should I just be visualising without the 'chatter'?
3) Any tips that helped you?

All help is much appreciated :)
Old 13-01-2016, 02:18 AM
Super Moderator
From what I know of shamanism, you need to be called by the Spirits. Maybe you need to let go of yourself to the point of total submission, and let your guidance speak to you.
This isn't a college degree, or some class to attend. Let yourself go, and see what you are deep inside, and see what Spirit has to say to you.

To be a true Shaman is not always a nice or joyful thing. Some run from it, and don't want it as their destiny, but then because they deeply wish to serve, they listen to Spirit.

Entering "non-ordinary Reality" could be done via astral projection methods or remote viewing, or possibly lucid dreaming. You may find helpful tips on the astral projection forum (re: the actual 'skill'?)
Old 13-01-2016, 10:13 AM
Master
There are many ways to achieve the trance state, some more relevent than others. The guaranteed way is via meditation. With me the meditation came decades before "journeying" and it involved roaming the moors and dales, getting deeply immersed in Nature i.e. a walking meditation. Once the "switch" was clicked on, it became easier but never easy.
You need to think hard about what you hope to achieve and plan to dedicate a lot of time to this [ decades !]. There are other drawbacks to consider also. Everytime you journey - Stride the Hedge in my path - a little bit of you does not return i.e. the "outward" journey becomes easier but the return "journey" gets more difficiult. There are natural features in the landscape which are "portals" - the only clues I can give you are "places between places" and "times between times" - it's up to you to work out these hints if you are serious.