Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 05-11-2015, 10:23 PM
Seeker
When I was little I lived in my grandpas house and he cut down a tree that he insisted was dead. I was very attached to the tree but no one wanted to hear about that. I think that every legitimate spirituality stresses grieving and sense of loss like a previous poster mentioned. If you truly cared for these beings and their existence you will, of course, mourn for their loss and in doing so you will strengthen the emotional and otherwise unseen ties of spiritual nature. It can be so hard sometimes watching others desecrate and destroy what, to us, is indescribably important. We are talking about a species of which some destroy or greatly abuse their own children without a second thought. This world is in desperate need of rebirth and I hope to the gods often that it comes soon. I hope you find some peace and that your space of tranquility and prayer repairs itself. Nature is good at that no matter how hard humans may try to ensure otherwise :)
Old 06-11-2015, 01:28 AM
Ascender
Desecrating sacred places happens so much, throughout history. Burning of temples, destruction of forests, not to mention removing graves and destroying ancient relics.

I also find that desecration of sacred places happens when people foul ancient sites in particular Stonehenge. Or when idiots mess around with geoglyphs and hill figures.

The curse of Tara and ruin of fairy forts
Old 06-11-2015, 02:08 AM
Experiencer
I wish more of my Christian brothers and sisters respected these holy places in nature, in God's temple he built for man and beast, as much as my pagan friends do. But Christians are among the worst destroyers of his creation. If only they truly heeded their own bible's advice who's God vows to "bring ruin to those ruining the earth". Religions aside there are those who make their living destroying that which nourishes, houses, and clothes them. What a misguided, misinformed, and misunderstanding generation we live in. I hope that rebirth comes soon.
Old 06-11-2015, 02:37 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet
Hello. I am a Druid, and a believer in spirits of nature. I communicate with them, spend time with them. However you would like to see it. I do this in my grove. It is a place that is deeply precious to me, and I spend a lot of time out there. I take care of it and do whatever I can to help it flourish. It's like I know each plant and bird personally, on some level.

However, I wasn't able to go outside to tend to it for quite some time, due to an injury.

Now, I was able to go there for the first time. What I found was my grove in peril. Plants had been trampled into local extinction, trees that were at least a decade old had been cut down without a word for simply being in the way, bird nests had been "relocated", plants were killed for being too close to our garage. Still more, but to keep things concise I will stop here.

Upon voicing my concerns to those I share my dwelling with, nobody cares.

I will live. But I can't help but feel a sense of desecration that isn't valid to anyone else.

Lives have ended. Babies have been orphaned. Nobody else seems to realize.

To some, a Chapel, a Mosque, or any other significant building may be a place of worship. Desecrating these places by destroying things or damaging the property is viewed as a pointlessly heinous act, as this is a special place to a lot of people. Doing so upsets the people who go there, and may in fact upset the gods to which they are dedicated, as well.

It seems that the defamation scales with how many people hold the place dear. What merit does the place of one person have?

Apparently, none.

I am not a Druid but am a Pagan-Wiccan-Witch and I feel your pain. So few respect Spirit that resides throughout the Natural World. Where there are people there is litter and trash and environmental desecration. Will they ever learn?
One need not be religious to be Spiritual. A Wizard commands power to influence probabilities, stands between worlds with one foot on earth and the other in the heavens, is in tune with the Infinite, knows truth and is at peace with self and the Universe.
Old 06-11-2015, 02:52 AM
Raven Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet
It seems that the defamation scales with how many people hold the place dear. What merit does the place of one person have?

Apparently, none.
Dear Quiet: I am so incredibly sorry to hear about the desecration of your beautiful grove.

It shows the arrogance of the human species to ignore the sacredness of a space just because it wasn't human-built, or human-run. Our bird, plant, insect, and animal relatives are just as valuable as humans.

And a lot less arrogant and self-serving!

I truly hope that you find another sacred space - either in this grove once it has recovered, or a different one.
Old 17-12-2015, 11:00 PM
Seeker
I'm sorry to hear this. Some people are very ignorant to non-mainstream religions.
Old 28-12-2015, 01:12 AM
Guide
Location: Up a mountain communing with the Grandfathers, Ancestors, Ravens n Horses beside the Stones
Sorry to hear about your sacred space, nature does recover quickly though if given a chance and a helping hand.

Makoiyi

Here's where we go off the map.
Out past the power lines,
up that little side road without a sign.
Hidden from the mainstream.

Keeper's of the Ancient future, Keepers of the Drum.
They don't preserve it.....
They live it......!