Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 11-02-2014, 01:15 AM
Master

It feels like coming out of the "closet" doesn't it?

You can take your time and decide if you want to tell anyone or not. Some people aren't ready for the truth, and you can "feel" that. And you don't have to tell anyone, I agree with someguy92. Don't ask, don't tell.

No everyone has to know your business.

Of course, it is exciting to be able to talk to someone who understands, on the other hand. See if you can find a local group. There may be a spiritual center near you, try google. Or you can see if there is a meetup.com group that sounds interesting.

Whatever you decide, I would follow your gut instincts about it.

I told my mom (I am in my 50's and she is in her 80's) and she looked very shocked. This is the third time I've told her. Some people will just never understand, but that doesn't mean they don't still love you. Just be yourself, and things always work out better that way.
Old 11-02-2014, 07:33 PM
CaityBee

If they love you and care about you, it shouldn't matter to them. Whether or not they believe you is up to them. If that is the case, they're the ones that are missing out on celebrating the beautiful gift that was given to you. Do what your heart tells you. I don't think it should really change your relationships with them. Some people just take time to grow into new ideas and that's okay. We are all different.
Old 12-02-2014, 06:40 AM
Deactivated Account
Dear bay9514, you don't need anyone to believe in what you believe, do you believe in everything that everyone else believes in, of course not, so give others their freedom to believe or not to believe, just as you like your freedom to believe what you believe.
Old 12-02-2014, 07:05 PM
SeekingPeaceNow

Don't worry about telling them, if you are truly psychic, they will not be able to ignore you or any psychic things that come up for you.

When people share this type of information, those that are not open to it, may find it "weird", because they are not open to anything besides conditioned being.

Enjoy your journey and help those in need, don't worry about letting people know.
Old 13-02-2014, 03:00 AM
Pathfinder

I cant just, out if the blue, say im psychic... that would go over to well
Old 13-02-2014, 04:23 AM
CaityBee

So now we want to know... did you tell them?
Old 13-02-2014, 04:31 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bay9514
I cant just, out if the blue, say im psychic... that would go over to well

Why not? How are you sure it wouldn't go over too well?
If you really don't want to do that then start a conversation about the psychic in general then work your way around to telling them.

OR you could maybe open the conversation by telling them there is something that's been on your mind for a while and you'd like to talk to them about it.......

Being psychic is not a bad thing, it's not evil - many people are psychic. It will often run in families or sometimes skip a generation or sometimes it's the females who are the psychic ones.
Old 13-02-2014, 05:14 AM
livingkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow
Why not?

Like the PO, I'm also certain the admission of psychic abilities from a 15yr old would be met w/skepticism &/or criticism &/or discomfort hoping it's not true ...
Not all cultures view psychic abilities as special, as matter of fact, people fear anything that could/would separate their child from the norm ...
The ridicule one might encounter could be unbearable ...
A parent never wants their child to hurt, be mocked or have others think s/he is crazy or looney ...

I've never diviluged or admit to my intuitiveness w/family & friends ...
The last thing I want is the responsibilities associated w/it especially if my interpretation is wrong; I do not possess skills on the level of well known intuitives or psychics ...
Nor do I want anyone to be afraid of me, feel they can't look me in the eye out of fear that I would do something as rude as read them w/out their permission ...
I'm respectful of people & honest ...
Sometimes, the truth can cause more harm than good ...
It's a personal choice whether or not to inform others ...

Bay9514, do what is best for you even if you're itching to get it out ...
Old 19-02-2014, 12:51 AM
Knower
Just say spiritually In tuned..