Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 22-01-2017, 12:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Namaste Moonglow

Gotta Love this stuff, really. I'll let you think about what's happening here but I find it crazily ironically synchronous, especially if you're not a Douglas Adams aficionado. Zaphod Beeblebrox said much the same thing when they were trying to work out what was going on, as he said "You might as well ask what is six times seven." Yes, it is as good a question as any and yes it can be that simple, because when you have the answer any question will do if it suits you. Pick one, the Universe won't slap you upside the head if you get it wrong - the Universe doesn't do wrong it only does what is.

Yes, an endless chase of creating things to run after, which is what most of the story is about after that according to Douglas Adams. "The answers and questions change right along with it." Classic, absolutely classic. because at the end the answer is 56.

Sorry, a bit out of sync with your post but I just had to pick up on that.

Our existence is a Gestalt Reality within a fractal Universe. A Gestalt Reality means we have aspects that come together to make up the whole - the whole that is often forgotten about in the rush to think we are Spiritual. There is the Mind-Body-Spirit that you are so fond of, three aspects of our reality and the brain is another. Sometimes it helps to look at certain aspects of ourselves individually so we can put them back together so that the whole can become greater than the sum of the parts.

How complicated is breathing? Just breathing? Imagine you were writing a program or a set of instructions for your body to follow, how complicated would that code be? Most people take that for granted but how much muscle movement is going on every time you suck in a single breath? If it wasn't for our autonomic functions and we had to be conscious of moving every muscle just to breathe, how would our Spirituality be affected?

We make the distinctions but is it about knowledge or something else? We make the distinction between the physical and the Spiritual but they are just as important, because if we stopped the physical the Spiritual would follow soon after. And after we've made the distinctions, how does that help us? Are we wise because we make the distinctions or are we wise when we don't? Are we wise because we can say this is Spiritual and this is not or are we wise when we can encompass the various aspects of ourselves as the framework for our Spiritual existence?

Are we wise when we can encompass all those aspects of ourselves and realise how awesome we are, or are we wise when we can tell ourselves and each other that we are well-versed in a belief system that is a narrow subset of reality?

I had an interesting experience the other day. I was walking towards a building but what was going through my mind at the time as that I was standing still, and subjective reality was passing over me like the pages of a flip-book. I wasn't moving but re4lative to the images on the pages I was. Today I stood still and thoughts came rushing through my mind, a continuous chain of them that were surreal yet related. Still not sure what to make of it as yet.

A few years ago I was given an exit point, an opportunity to part company with this existence and move on to the next. I've never thought of myself as particularly Spiritual, not in terms of the theories anyway but that experience still makes me wonder today. Why was I given that opportunity to pull out'? Does that mean I have fulfilled my Life's Purpose, done the job I've come here to do? Does that mean that regardless of how I see those mistakes or failures in the past I have achieved redemption, that somewhere beyond any consciousness I have it has had meaning?

For me the meaning now is that I have found peace, I have come to terms with myself and everything else within my reality. For the others in my Life my existence may mean any number of things, and from what my wife tells me it does. My Life experiences mean that I can talk to certain people on a certain level that others around them possibly can't. I can change a place just by being there, not having to do any projecting at all but letting the bagel effect do its work for me.

All else is something else.

Namaste Greenslade,

Hitch Hickers' Guide fits quite nicely in these discussions.
It is funny, ironic, and a bit sycronistic that it comes up. Considering that the energy of this thread for me is one of letting it go where it will. Yeah, you're right, gotta love it.

I only read the first three books years ago and no aficionado, but the thing that stuck out for me was that the universe will respond in kind. Yes, to ask the right question for the answer to make sense. Then it all gets changed around anyways. Who says the Universe doesn't have a sense of humor?

Are we as wise as we think? Guess depends upon who is asking, who is answering, and in what manner it is perceived. Have met some people who very wise without even trying to be.

Much like our bodies does it thing without having to be thought about, so I feel nature does as well.

You present breathing as an example. It is pretty automatic. Although presently I have a cold and a bit congested, so some of my thinking gets a little distracted with having to clear out the airways.

Yeah, it does seem there can be over thinking done about it. Find a lot of wisdom ( if you can call it that) was gained not by me talking about it, but by taking the action needed to adjust or make the changes necessary to not repeat it again. Knowledge can get me to a certain place, but action gets the job done.
Sometimes just noticing what is happening is all the action needed to bring more awareness into consciousness.

There may be those who are book smart, but may not have very good sense when it comes to life. There may be those who are good in one area and not so much when taken out of their comfort zone. There are people who seem simple, yet have such great awareness about people and life. Seems people come in all sorts and styles and approaches.

Interesting share on standing still while the thoughts rushed on by and moving while feeling you were still? Hmmm, can't say for sure what this may mean. A heightened sensitivity to the movements around and with in. Energy taking on a different feel perhaps?

I have been having flashes go through my mind that I am in a dream of sorts. At times feel like I am lucid dreaming.

I dont know if you have ever lucid dreamed before, but I have. It is being conscious with in a dream that you are dreaming and able to stay with in the dream. It is a cool sensation. The trick is to not startle yourself awake. The first time I did it, it startled me that I was still dreaming and snapped awake and out of the dream. Haven't done it for years, but still remember the sensation.

Anyways, these flashes have been creating some pretty wild thoughts in me at times. Brings wonder as to how much of this am I actually creating. Suppose as far as my perspective of it would say that part I create, but there are other bits that just seem part of the landscape here.

Not going off the deep end or anything, just feels a shift is going on of some sort.

Perhaps a reflection being shown in a way. For it does bring up the question in mind; What meaning do I want to give to my life? Also further brings attention that I give meaning to life.

For feel a bit on my own for the first time in a very long time. No real commitments, except those I have agreed to, my job, taking care of business and such. But, it has been kind of quiet on the inside. I feel spirit is telling me this is the time to get to know myself and take care of this guy here. Most likely why I have a cold now. Indicating to rest and recharge.

The thought comes to me. Don't worry about what all this means, it is making itself known as it is happening. You are of this as well.

Like it has been said it will all change anyways, so might as well enjoy what's here.

So, can relate. Find there are some people can talk to about all this stuff and the wonders of life and there are some who I can not or it is very limited.
The funny part is find this true whether one considers oneself spiritual or not.

Sometimes just want to talk about the weather and just notice all of it passing by.

Yes the bagel effect in full movement.
Old 22-01-2017, 01:05 AM
boshy b. good

go people fly away from this and life has had been
what our hunches (up-thoughts) we privilage from every