Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Islam Faith

Old 18-09-2016, 04:31 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 002 Cents
I have seen the film earthlings and frankly no, im not going to watch any videos you post because I am well aware the types of things that are out there on the subject. Dispite the fact that there are outlets here to express your distate for meat eaters you felt compelled to bring your "animal rights activism" to my thread. It is no wonder this site has almost no Muslim people posting with the scales for impropriety heavily weighted on the side of someone who has repeatedly likened us to devil worshipers.

Going forward I will have you blocked as I don't feel this sort of dialogue is beneficial to anyone involved.

Assalamu Alaikum

Madam, you were looking for the religion that is perfect for you. On your performance in this thread, I'd say you've found it.

I wish you well and may God give you Light.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 18-09-2016, 04:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by alyanna
belated eid mubarak 002cents and everyone and sorry for jumping in like this:).

this is a very interesting discussion you are having here. Honestly, while I don't have a very strong view on animal rights and I am a consumer of meat, I still do care about humane treatment of animals and I had seen the images of the 'bloody' river with horror on the news.

I think knightofalbion is onto the core of the matter here when he discussed the metaphor of the lamp and the sacrifice in an earlier post. It does not need an actual sacrifice.

I think that we must keep in mind that religious practices are culturally influenced and as all cultures they are dynamic and can change along with our sensitivities and our belief systems. Just because this practice exists, it does not mean that it is the core element of the religion or the holiday for that matter. There is something wrong if that is the case.

Also: 002cents, just an observation here about a previous post on this thread. I have watched with great interest your other thread about converting to Islam and have been touched greatly with the spiritual journey you have gone through as well as a general sociopolitical motivation behind it. My respect to you for your noble feelings. However, there is nothing great, romantic or thriving about a society where (poor mostly) people do not have access to refrigerators and we, in the Western world can too evaluate our responsibility there. Yes, people who have lived without a refrigerator can do without it and find ways to bypass them BUT I urge you to consider that this has a great toll on their time and resources that could be used elsewhere... also, improper storage of foods may lead to diseases and mortality rate because of foodborne illness is higher in states like that. Just because some people survive or they do not know how to live with a refrigerator -or water infrastructure, or electricity -it does not mean that these won't make their lives easier and give them more time and resource into creative and spiritual endeavors that will help them grow more.

Thank you, I agree the need of the world is great.

From what you said it sounds like you have a cause of your own and that is admirable.

The world needs a great deal if diversity among its activists. As no one person could possibly do it all. And not that I mind animal rights activists, but certainly some methods are more effective than others. Its like abortion rights activists who want to shove pictures if dead babies in your face.

And it does bother me that I am being put on the spot and expected to answer for how certain Muslim celebrate their holiday when that was quite obviously not how I celebrated mine. As a Muslim in their infancy with much learning yet to do, I am not about to start taking a critical stance on everything that is hurled in my face. My journey is about establishing what it means to me and how I will incorporate the teachings and traditions into my life and heart.

I am curious now though... What Albion's stance is on abortion as in my experience those who are vegan... Ironically also tend to be pro-choice...

As for the aforementioned friend without a refrigerator, they also went to a school that was bombed by the Taliban. So, there are issues that take higher priority that are beyond any of our means to be able to repair. Also, I never inquired as to why they didn't have one I just accepted that they didn't. I don't presume that our way of life in the west is or should be the standard globally or that having or not having a refrigerator is an indicator of well being. This person had access to higher education and being able to immigrate to the USA so... It didn't seem like the issue was one of being without resources. Some ways of life are just different.

I don't live a life of excess, I have always preferred simplicity and I do not live a life that is blind to the need in the world. I would take the time elaborate to what extent I try to be involved with contributing to the issues of the world at large but it would only feel like I was bragging.

Giving monetarily... I will never say we shouldn't try. But there are many ways to contribute to the need in addition to or instead of that. The causes I get involved in tend to focus on human rights but I do not forget the needy, those who are without means both locally and on the larger scale be it lacking the resources for clean water, food, clothing or medical care. Also, I have found that keeping friends who are passionate about helping others is a good way to keep yourself inspired.
Old 18-09-2016, 04:52 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Of A Knight
unfortunatly most of the dirty laundry was removed when islamic
section was removed first time thanks to your efforts
and the other few members who were your backup
as for me being aggressive i just don't give rat

Don't worry about it, dear Mr Shadow. All that 'dirty laundry' we aren't allowed to talk about is still there, in black and white, in Islamic scripture.

You still haven't explained how sacrificing animals in exactly the same way as devil worshippers is paying 'homage to God'. Instead of running off - for the second time in this thread ... - why not answer the question.

Isaiah, whilst not in the Koran, is recognised in Islam as a prophet of God.
The Book of Isaiah is quite clear in its condemnation of animal sacrifice, that God never asked for it, that it is an abomination in the eyes of God and that God will not hear the prayers of those who do it.
And as Islamic scripture itself points out "It is not their meat or their blood that reaches Allah; it is your piety that reaches Him".

A monetary donation makes much more sense. It would ALL go to those in the world who are GENUINELY in need. It would pay for bread, rice, fruit, vegetables, bedding, clothing, medicine etc and pay for housing, education etc.
As you say, some might want to use a portion of the monetary aid to buy meat. If they see nothing wrong in eating dead flesh then so be it, but they should ONLY eat meat killed according to the strict guidelines commanded in the Koran.
In those videos I provided, the goat video your friend didn't want to look at and all the countless others, the animals were NOT slaughtered according to those guidelines. Repeatedly sawing at an animal's neck, watching it wretch, convulse and squeal, and then saw at its neck a bit more, inflicting intense pain and suffering - and in full view of other animals, that is not halal and I shouldn't have to tell you that.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 18-09-2016, 11:26 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:

As for Shadow, I happen to know he has a remarkable capacity to connect to animals they are quite drawn to him and develop almost an instant kinship. If you ever heard him talk about his pet it's evident he loves her like a child.

I fell in love with her just listening to him.

His big heart and need to care for others (animals included) has to be the single most beautiful thing about him.

Thank you 002 Cents. This is lovely.
Bless you, Shadow
I am sorry to misinterpret what you said about goats and sheep. It goes to show we should not take too quickly what is written, when we really don't know the other person's Soul and those they love.
Bless your animal companion too .... ?.....or ?
Old 19-09-2016, 05:54 PM
Master
Focus off the meat... I personally like that you are asked to think in terms of giving two times what you plan to use for your family.

And as one person had explained it to me, when you gift to friends and family you are supposed to focus on those who are struggling. Not like you are getting back what you are giving. Not sure if that is the practice at large or just in their region or culture but, it makes a lot of sense. And certainly speaks to an ideal I can get behind when the holiday comes.
Old 19-09-2016, 06:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
Thank you 002 Cents. This is lovely.
Bless you, Shadow
I am sorry to misinterpret what you said about goats and sheep. It goes to show we should not take too quickly what is written, when we really don't know the other person's Soul and those they love.
Bless your animal companion too .... ?.....or ?

He already has the love of his life. It's not me. We are just friends he helped me find the strength to get through the darkest hours of my life. Took me under his wing when no one else would or could, despite the fact that he already had more than enough on his plate. Made sure I was remembering to eat and sleep to keep up my strength for my kids...

Even now he still finds the time to nag me about not smoking because I had a pulmonary embolism in Feb and it could actually kill me.

Those are the kinds of friends you never forget... even if I do still hiss at him a lot. Which he certainly doesn't have to stick around for but does anyway.

(and no I am not who he was talking about when he made the hissing reference, it was an actual cat... I just found it an amusing analogy as I def don't make it easy... and I know you are asking yourself right now, "How could cents ever be difficult to deal with?" lol ... I have the patience of a saint right? ... *hopes you caught the sarcasm there*)
Old 20-09-2016, 07:28 AM
Guide

Quote:
Thank you, I agree the need of the world is great.

From what you said it sounds like you have a cause of your own and that is admirable.

The world needs a great deal if diversity among its activists. ay to keep yourself inspired.

Thank you for your response. No, you should not be held accountable for how other Muslims celebrate this holiday. And you are right that you are still new and the amount of information you are receiving is probably too overwhelming to allow for too much critical attitude on many issues.

You are right, the world does need different activists. Looking forward to reading more from you