Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 22-02-2014, 01:17 AM
justbry87

At Home Work Outs v.s. the Gym.

Hey everyone,

I was curious if any of you prefer to do home work out's than
going to the gym?

Recently I've had to give up my gym membership because I
am low on funds at the moment, so I've invested on a good Yoga/exercise
mat and have been doing Full Body Work Outs and then followed by an
ab exercise every other day.

From what I've noticed, I've started seeing a more noticeable change in
my body than from the time when I had the gym membership, and I already eat
pretty well so that's been a bonus.

Have you guys had similar experiences, and can you recommend a site
or a Youtube channel for home work outs that don't require any equipment?

Thanks in advance :]
Old 24-02-2014, 04:03 AM
LavenderStream

You don't really need a gym. I supposed guys probably feel the need to lift more weights more than guys. I eat pretty well. And I dance for cardio, lift little weights, stretch, and do tonight exercises.
Old 24-02-2014, 05:01 AM
Deactivated Account

I am a runner. I train for marathons,so I don't really do the gym. All I need is a good pair of running shoes and my iPod shuffle. Trail running is free! I recommend signing up for a local race.

Also,I recommend one of those 30 day squat challenges(Google them)Talk about WOW! The muscle work you put in DOES show results. It lifts and tones quads and some leg.
Old 24-02-2014, 05:06 AM
justbry87

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueClover
I am a runner. I train for marathons,so I don't really do the gym. All I need is a good pair of running shoes and my iPod shuffle. Trail running is free! I recommend signing up for a local race.

Also,I recommend one of those 30 day squat challenges(Google them)Talk about WOW! The muscle work you put in DOES show results. It lifts and tones quads and some leg.

Thanks, I'll look up that squat challenge, and they have races here
where I am, it's usually for a benefit of some sort but they usually
have pretty cool themes, I just wished I had people to do it with. I think
I might take up you advice on running, it's still Winter here where I am,
so once Spring hits, I'll invest in a pair of good running shoes ;]

I'll prob sign up for a shorter gym pass when I have the money for it,
but I'm just glad I can stay fit without having to pay a lot of money :]
Old 25-02-2014, 01:18 AM
Master

I have changed my body completely in one year , for free. I walk, jog and YouTube is packed with free video workouts, from yoga to Pilates to high intensity workouts, Sean vigue fitness is great, he's a really funny positive trainer who has loads of videos( to think their bit tough, more for guys) also fitness blender workouts are great , they have tons of different videos as well.
And what best of all, I can do it anytime I want , and enjoy spa baths at home right after. You can make the best of it and for barely any money.
Old 25-02-2014, 01:24 AM
Gracey

i use to work out in the gym. loved every minute of it. now i work out at home due to life style changes.

this link is to zuzka light. she is good to work out to at home.

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...ht+Zuzka+Light
Old 25-02-2014, 08:00 PM
Master

I do both, I like all the equipment in the gym and also belonging makes me go but there is so much that one can do at home. you can't beat a few lunges and squats for real leg exercise, it beats anything in the gym. Aerobic stuff is also good. It's important to keep changing the routines as the body gets used to certain work-outs and so the challenge diminishes.
Old 26-02-2014, 04:17 PM
justbry87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle
I do both, I like all the equipment in the gym and also belonging makes me go but there is so much that one can do at home. you can't beat a few lunges and squats for real leg exercise, it beats anything in the gym. Aerobic stuff is also good. It's important to keep changing the routines as the body gets used to certain work-outs and so the challenge diminishes.

That's what I'm a bit worried of after awhile. I'll just have to change
the routines after awhile, so I'll just have to look up some no-equipment
routines online till I can join a gym again :]

Thanks for the reply~!
Old 27-02-2014, 07:18 AM
Knower
I think both approaches to exercising has their own unique benefits. I enjoy both, but have also realized that I prefer one or the other at different times of the year, depending on the season. I have started to do yoga, and this is something that you can do daily, at home or in a class. I do it at home daily, and once a week I go to a group class. It's fabulous. :-)
When you allow yourself to flow, you allow yourself to live. When you allow yourself to be happy, you allow others to be happy around you. When you allow yourself to be whole, you help heal those around you.
Old 19-03-2014, 12:36 PM
Master

When I stop going to the gym and do my own workouts I am fine for a few months but then bang the weight comes on, fitness levels go down and that toned look has disappeared. In sheer desperation I have just joined the gym again. This time I am going for a personal trainer for a few sessions to learn what I am doing wrong and how I can improve my form and technique.
Hope it works:)