Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 28-05-2017, 12:24 AM
Newbie ;)

Etheric cord

I seem to have a hard time letting go of my husband. Seems crazy but the pain this man caused me is so immersed that I was lost when he left. He still very around in our lives but I think it's more of a NEED rather than love. It sucks but I'm always left in pain. Have you guys heard of etheric cord cutting? Is there an effective way of doing this. I have forgiven him and the mistress but since he's still around esp on days when he needs me makes it harder to let go. Help it's been far too long to have this much pain and suffering.
Old 28-05-2017, 08:24 AM
Master
Hi, Others can fill you in on cord cutting. My question is why do you think you still feel that way about him? I would look at that, and approach the issue from that place of self-reflective examination. Seems you still have feelings. Is that a bad thing? Often the answer to letting go is to accept what is. Perhaps you can find a way to care for him in your heart, without getting back together, and be happy and content about that.

There is a difference between feelings and emotions. Feelings are an expression of the higher-self: love, grief. Emotions are an expression of the lower-self and ego: hate, jealousy. The spiritual path is learning control of lower-self emotions and mental projections. When one learns that control via meditative self-examination work, a space opens up wherein higher-self thought and feeling activity begins to blossom in one's heart and life.
Old 28-05-2017, 09:29 AM
Guide

http://www.ask-angels.com/spiritual-...ds-attachment/

Above is a good article on it, it also covers what Baile mentioned which s also very important.
Old 29-05-2017, 10:51 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Hi, Others can fill you in on cord cutting. My question is why do you think you still feel that way about him? I would look at that, and approach the issue from that place of self-reflective examination. Seems you still have feelings. Is that a bad thing? Often the answer to letting go is to accept what is. Perhaps you can find a way to care for him in your heart, without getting back together, and be happy and content about that.

There is a difference between feelings and emotions. Feelings are an expression of the higher-self: love, grief. Emotions are an expression of the lower-self and ego: hate, jealousy. The spiritual path is learning control of lower-self emotions and mental projections. When one learns that control via meditative self-examination work, a space opens up wherein higher-self thought and feeling activity begins to blossom in one's heart and life.

Yes baile you are correct. I still love him and would like to fight for our family but it's too painful. I feel so broken everywhere💔
Old 29-05-2017, 10:52 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Goose

Above is a good article on it, it also covers what Baile mentioned which s also very important.

Thank you will look into it
Old 11-06-2017, 09:55 PM
Knower
I feel for you very much; had a similar experience.

Tried every chord cutting technique I could find. None of them helped.

Eventually what worked for me was simply the passage of time, journaling - lots of research on attachments, self-care, self-love, co-dependency, enmeshment - narcisissm, psychopathy, lol. Diving into my own childhood, trying to understand the whole dynamic. Also diving back into a spiritual practice with more vigor. Spending a few months in hermit-mode. Making new friends, slowly, slowly. Each time I began focussing on 'how could he do that?' I brought it back to myself with questions like 'what is it about me that makes me keep holding on? Wanting to be nice? Is this really compassion, or fear of letting go?' It has been about 18 mos. I finally met the mistress about a week ago, who came to apologize for her role in breaking up my little family, and though I admit I felt a moment of anger still - I also realized she is no better than I and realized I really did not care anymore, because I feel so amazing, and so very strong and beautiful after all that inner work. Am even grateful for the split, after 24 years together. And yes, we are still friends - I mean it sincerely. Like brother and sister, really, which is good for the children who are still young. I have begun dating a little. He and the woman he chose have their slice of life to live through. We had ours, and it was amazing. I realized also that because it did not last 50 years does not mean I have to rewrite the past couple of decades. That love was real, in that time, but it is a different love now - a more distant one, and less desiring. Free. My slice of life is a different one, now, too. I look forward to whatever happens next. All is as it should be, eventually. Hang in there. Sleep hypnosis clips helped a bit during the first few raw months, to get rest. Love to you, d.
Old 12-06-2017, 01:02 AM
Ascender
Delsol, what you wrote is so true and from the heart. wish I could help you more confused_soul..