Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Closed Thread

Old 24-05-2007, 12:33 PM
f4ery

meditation getting me down...

I wonder if anyone can help, i am the busiest person there is, and i find meditation extremely hard- i want to manipulate what i see, and keep wondering if im doing things 'right'! But I have been trying recently with a quartz crystal.

But recently, i feel really uncomfortable in sitting and meditating, i seem to get strong sensations of my head feeling unbelievably heavy, and lifted up and afterwards I get a really bad headache and feel like I want to sleep. Its almost like I am out of control of my body. I have recently started communicating with spirit in a psychic circle, and i want to furthur this gift, but i feel like meditating is a burden, and doing more bad to me than good!?

Can anyone explain why? love f4ery x
Old 24-05-2007, 02:10 PM
mattstar

Smile

Hi F4ery,

For me i feel one of the keys to meditation is to relax into yourself and dont try and force anything - a very wise friend of mine always reminds me during my development circle of never expect anything from spirit - just accept it.
Dont worry too much about the wrong and right way of doing things the right way for you will be the way you eventually settle on.

So long as you always start with stating your intention (for me as an example at the moment im trying to develop my clairaudience more and so i ask the divine spirit for help in doing so) and also protect yourself (again personally i ask for protection spiritually, emotionally and physically) and imagine myself surrounded in white light you cant go far wrong.

I often then open up each chakra and once done sit there allowing any thoughts to float away, enjoying the quite and relaxed state.

I also use clear quartz during meditation and find it a very powerful stone, infact sometimes when meditating sat up i place it directly on the crown chakra and get quite powerful sensations similar to yours of a lifting feeling of the brain.

Perhaps the discomfort you feel is you raising your vibration? i beleive meditation to be essential in devloping my physic senses as it allows the stilln ess of mind to enable spirit to come through.

I also get discomfort from time to time, sometimes muscular (which i normally feel during the meditation and make a mental note to stretch the area, sometimes i feel like i have, and its hard to describe, perhaps a blockage or energy - i usually do some chakra clearing work when this happens on the affected area which often seems to work.

Hope that helps? :-)

Old 24-05-2007, 03:02 PM
f4ery

thank you mattstar...!

I think my expectation does get in the way a lot... perhaps i need to have a little more faith in myself that things will turn out how they will, and try not to manipulate it! Your techniques for preparing to meditate are really simple, yet effective, i think that is what ive been looking for- ive never really been taught 'how to' so im going to use your guidelines (if you dont mind!) as they seem comfortable and not confusing!

I think the 'lifting' thing in my brain, sounds right, i almost want to fall back when it does so, and it feels just like an energy surge but right up through my head, so the raising my vibration sounds about right. Thank you! im glad that someone else experiences that too! I never really considered working with the chakras during meditation... it may be good for me to concentrate on something in particular, like opening them up- removing all those blockages, then I wont be so conscious of what my body is doing and worry about it.

Thank you! You have helped a lot. :)
Old 24-05-2007, 03:14 PM
tiltjlp

You might get something worthwhile from Basic Meditation Primer . I hope it helps.

John
Old 24-05-2007, 03:33 PM
mattstar

Your very welcome.

The lifting feeling i normally find is when i work from the base chakra upwards opening each up as i go and imagining white light being pulled from thr ground, through imaginary roots into my feet and up through each chakra.

When i get to the crown chakra and open it in my minds eye fully, i often feel a "drawing" sensation (this is enhanced if i put clear quartz there), and im sure this is an increase in vibration - the times i experience this sensation in circle i have always managed to give a little clairvoyance - so when it happens i know i have opened up well.

This doesnt always happen, for example if im too tired - on these occaisions it sometimes worth just sitting quietly relaxing, maybe doing a little visualisation and visualisation work can help develop your third eye senses i beleive.

I think the main thing is (and again my mentor often tells me this when im being impatient) is that spirit will only give you what your ready for - its the intent thats important.

Good luck with it all and best wishes.

Matt
Closed Thread