Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 09:34 PM
Orion von Koch

Meditation and the Crux of Being...here

Man is here to learn of the "Crux of Being" here in this illusion of Time/Space. The primary key is to learn what we truly are. Know thyself. Extermally all the information as to what we are is broadcast as an information float of this projected realm. If one were able to read the messages interlaced between the noise that we perceive as life, they would know the meaning of existence
Old 09-05-2007, 12:49 PM
Orion von Koch

We build tools to destroy the very message of our being. They are the very "THINGS" that take our minds away from seeing the Light. All activities such as wars, TV, hobbies, things, things, things...take us away from the real contemplation of our essence. Look beyond these things, the makeup and clothes and stuff, stuff, stuff that captures our minds and we can see the plan of this existence — The Crux of Being. Noise distracts us from our true being. Our streets are full of the enemy of Light and enlightenment. Silence is truly Golden. The Enchanted Rock (see Texas) is a point of departure. One may go there and contemplate life beyond the noise that 21st Century man uses to kill our souls. Our actions also destroy the true message that seeks to whisper to our souls in dreams every night. Peace soothes our souls when we sleep in the sweet bonds of God's Light. There is a vast secret within the light. It is all about us — unseen yet there. It is what drives our bodies here in this test site. We come here to learn but few can learn for all the noise from the networks, Hollywood, the streets and the mindset that evil wants to impose upon us to keep us here in its darkness. Look past the massive attempts at illusion and see the true peace of being in the Light. Seek the pathway back home...Not that one is, but that whereby Is, is.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:43 PM
Dalimamma777

I was wondering just the other day how far man could have progressed if he hadn't been tied up with things like a TV, but then I thought about tribes of the Amazon,

what is this thing called progress and is it really?
Old 09-05-2007, 04:46 PM
Orion von Koch

It is a distortion. But, that being said, it is necessary as contrast whereby we may see the reality that we should be looking at as a being on a soulular journey. Many of us never see past the visual impact that is presented within every event sequence played before us. If we could only read the symbols...Lubicz.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:48 PM
StephenK

>>Man is here to learn of the "Crux of Being" here in this illusion of Time/Space.
>>The primary key is to learn what we truly are. Know thyself.

Agreed! I love running alongside your thoughts but almost feel the need
to edit, to soften, to more streamline the imagery.

"Knowing thyself" in this context of human experience is a fascinating process of
experience and discovery. We are born into a story that is already heavily written,
and most intricately played by the participants that precede us. There is a "worn-in" history
to the people we are born to, and because of this there are habits-of-relating that we
quite naturally adopt from their unquestioningly-acquired assumptions.

So to know thyself in this context is to first understand the immense orientational-gravity
that accompanies the habits-of-thoughts that we were born to be a part-of.

Now this entering this gestalt is not a bad thing!! We chose to be born to be involved in
this story. Out of this participation we learn how to adapt, we learn the complications of participation,
the frustrations of participation, the complexities of relationships... we learn how to Love.

I've concluded that the secret to easing-up the influence of this gravity-well-of-belief is to first
play-out what it was that we were born to experience. To pay attention to the symbols and
watch how they steer our thoughts, to sensitize ourselves to those around us and empathize
with the earthly context that guides both them and us.

To do so is a long process! No magic words will instantly unravel the great mysteries,
no complicated mental gymnastics will propel us from our current orientation. The best
path to take is to travel "through" it.

If we're to marry and have children, then do it... If we're to travel and to bond with civilizations
near and far then the experience is such that needed answers will unravel.

The key to a quiet mind is the release of what holds us, and the best way to do so
is to employ the magic unfolding of time. Let life, experience, and feed-back be our guide.
Let intuition be the engine that drives our wants.

For years I tried hard to punch a whole in the universe in the hopes that instant
illumination would accompany my efforts. But it's clear to me now that illumination is
a process, and it's simple, within reach, part of the flow of a curious mind.

Relax and roll with it..... effective Meditation is a natural extension of a quite mind.... :^)
Old 14-05-2007, 12:36 PM
Orion von Koch

Run along side as you will. My words indeed are tough to understand as I have many long years writing for theosophy and philosophy. I am a little too deep apparently.

Last edited by Orion von Koch : 15-05-2007 at 02:16 PM.
Old 14-05-2007, 01:38 PM
StephenK

>>Run along side as you will.

I wouldn't have the patience...

>>My words indeed are tough to understand as I have many long
>>years writing for theosophy and philosophy.

You have a fine mental grasp of conceptual investigation. You seem
to embody the very soul of the intellectually curious. You remind me
of myself some years ago, when I was obsessed with throwing words
at the problem of my own spiritual evolution.

I purposefully wrote you what I did because I spot a need on your
part to slow down and feel the breeze. You currently inhabit a thought
bubble. A magnificently tailored machine that can access pockets of
partially digested material stored in all manor of mental cubby holes
and crevices.

You're intent is admirable, but your execution, while breathtaking,
is both circular and containing. You need to revisit the obvious, and
the humility that emerges from self reflection.

>>I am a little to deep apparently.

The term "deep" is a relative one. You blow my doors off when it
comes to an encyclopedic compendium of what's collectable and thinkable,
but that's not my personal cup of tea. I comfortably followed every concept
and observation that you enumerated.... However, you also have firmly embedded
in your thoughts a persistent theme of disconnect and deep anxiety.

It's the latter in you that I'm addressing. It's there that the real work for
you is begging for your undistracted attention......
Old 15-05-2007, 02:20 PM
Orion von Koch

All the material that you have evaluated is about 20 to 25 years old. I just update the stuff. I have gone much deeper than you may know. Your evaluation is appreciated, but does not apply to the being that sits before me now.

Shall I evaluate you now???

Cheers
Old 15-05-2007, 02:37 PM
Orion von Koch

How to position others...or evaluate for power and control

Methods of Leveraging the Human Mind for Political or Academic Power and Control

Primary source: The Cambridge Dictionary of Philosophy.

Informal fallacy is an error of reasoning or a method of hoodwinking an unknowing audience or group. It is often a method of verbal acrobatics to persuade audiences that through reasoning and argument an issue can be correct, when upon evaluation it is not correct but a lie. This is a means of hyping an issue and spinning it as a truth. Still, it is a lie.

Genetic fallacy is a means of persuading individuals upon the goodness or badness of an issue by using something unrelated but similar by showing the goodness or badness of the issue. A genetic fallacy is often used with a personal attack and serves to reinforce a lie. It will be used to condemn a prior thesis by condemning the base source as the point where an issue goes wrong. The base source may not have any relationship to the end product.

Argumentum ad populum or argument to the crowd or people is a prime example of the statement that everybody is doing it. It is also a statement that is the appeal to the gallery for support of its contention. Some say this is not unlike the mob appeal. What goes wrong with this argument is when exaggeration of the crowd is hyped beyond its real scope. Mass enthusiasm via cheerleading can be a lie when evidence shows the impetus was created by coercion rather than genuine appeal. Many call this the bandwagon effect.

Argumentum ad misericordiam is a methodology used with heaps of pity and emotional blackmail for an apparent wrong done to persons when in essence the facts do not support a need for such high levels of compassion. Using emotionalism to pressure an audience for a weak case is often called false witness for high benefit. Many times it is in reality a threat of becoming miserable or worse to force an issue. Some will even threaten suicide or in a laughing manner say something is to die for. It is an effort to position others as mean and wrong for creating miserable conditions for the one who is threatening. Others may use this method to point up the plight of a constituency to leverage for a change in political behavior…such as asking for tolerance when it already exists.

Fallacy of construction or composition of issues is a means of arguing from the make up of parts that have no relationship to the whole. But, by virtue of known parts the whole should follow — it does not.

Fallacy of division is the opposite of the above. It is arguing from the whole and its image to portraying the whole as the part when the part has no overall relationship to the results of the whole.

The fallacy of false cause also called post hoc, ergo propter hoc (after this, therefore because of this). The wrong in this argument is the weight given the causal condition. The quantification and formula may be coincidence and outside sources might cause the coincidence. At times, a third party is hidden and may be the ultimate source of the cause.

The fallacy of secundum quid or arguing from a general condition to a specific outcome or again it is also known as the fallacy of accidental relationships. It is also know as the argument of hasty generalizations where a specific condition is apparent.

Argumentum consensus gentium or the argument of all nations or sources for a point of agreement. This argument is typically utilized by the scientific community when they are presenting a theory about some topic. It is usually an assumption rather than a proven fact though many scientists support the concept. Everyone believes this statement therefore it must be true. Its best utilization is as a point of departure for a later proven fact.

Argumentum ad hominem or refutation of the man and what he/she stands for as a character issue in the arena of ideas. This fallacy is usually used to defuse the character of an opponent and position them as less desirable than the attacker. This method is used to poison the well of an opponent with information that is usually fallacious. If he has been wrong in the past, he is sure to be wrong now. Positioning of dirty laundry in the arena of ideas. When attacked by the ad hominem methodology, many come back with the old What about your stance or tu quoquo.
Old 16-05-2007, 12:54 PM
StephenK

>>>Methods of Leveraging the Human Mind for Political or Academic Power and Control

I would love to hear your rational for posting this essay.

Please formulate your response with due introspection and honesty.... :^)
Closed Thread