Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Judaism

Old 16-06-2014, 10:37 PM
Atarah

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by lili
I was born and raised Jeswish. But it made little sense to me. That is ME personally. I respect that it makes great sense for others. I do call myself a Jew by birth. I have no religion that I practice. This is the way it is supposed to be for me.

I cannot trust that the words that the new testament bible claims Jesus spoke really WERE the words he spoke. I believe a lot of it has been incorrectly translated, misunderstood and possibly that he sometimes talked in code.

One thing I clearly separate is that Jesus is not Christ. I think of Jesus as a master who understood and embodied the Christ. I think of the Christ as the pure spark that is each of us. Some call it the monad. others call it the higher self. It is, as far as i am concerned, the part of us that has always stayed connected to source. Perhaps it could even be called the heaven self. I believe that perhaps Jesus came to help set the pattern to help us to remember our own christ self. And the Christ.

Oh yes one more thing. I do not think of God as "him". I think of it as source. pure light. I think each of us is here trying to find our way back to the divine knowing. The pure love from which we each individuated as sparks. And that we each are still of.... the christ self that so eludes us. But did not elude Jesus. Each with perhaps a different view of things because this is perfectly how it is meant to be for that individual. So perhaps what you believe is absolutly perfectly correct. As is what others believe. Buddhists, Muslims etc. All great masters perhaps came to remind us of the same thing. We are love. We are of love. And to love we will return. I know not what i speak of. Seriously, its all a guess

Yes, I also perceive much as you do.
Old 31-07-2014, 01:26 AM
Master
As for me, I am of Jewish lineage on my mother's side, I grew up going to Christian services.
Honza, not sure of your age, but during the 1980's, the tract, "The Four Spiritual Laws" was widely circulated, and, there was a Judaic version of them also.

Not cited at the above Wikipedia site, The Judaic version highlighted how, from the very beginning in the Old Testament, that God ordained the substitute sacrifices, along with the Law through Moses, having to do with His Grace, Love, and Mercy. Which we read was existant during Jesus time on Earth, as revealed in the story about the merchants at the Temple.

You know, in modern Physics, the Jews were prolific in major discoveries, such as with Einstein. Rather recently, the Jewish brothers, (brothrs at the time), illustrated the state of things well in the cinematic illustration of, "The Matrix".

Let me say this, that if it is true that time and space are part of this illusory construct, then really, how much does it matter, or should it, that the Messiah appeared some 2000 years ago, or not? Who is prophesied about in various texts, especially in Isaiah, (the largest portion of the Dead Sea Scrolls), and in Daniel, also?
The Messiah and Savior lives! And is the mediator between God and man, Who is also compared with the "First Man". Adam.
Who by His sacrifice on our behalf, redeems and restors a fallen and imperfect humanity, with God, -Who is Perfect?

God also is called "Savior" and, "Redeemer" in the Old Testament!

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Four_Spiritual_Laws

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 31-07-2014, 05:59 PM
Master
http://biblehub.com/daniel/7-13.htm

"In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven."

Daniel, 7:13

The Messiah; The Mediator between God and man has always existed... always exists, apart fromt he "Space/Time" construct, and creation.
We see Him in the instituted and ordained sacrifices from the very beginning, even before the Law of God was given through Moses.
Such as in the story about Cain and Able.

Which same is about God's grace and mercy and love for His people, and regarding redemption, and, "Salvation".

Borne of His Love.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 01-08-2014, 09:15 PM
Newbie ;)

I understand you. In my experience I started by let the pentecostal believes inside my life. Then discarded main religion and went just with the bible waiting to find true Christians, then discarded Paul, then Revelation, then the rest of the apostles, then some books of the old testament, then two of the gospels and finally comprehended that probably old prophecies made by the old ones and Jesus are already fulfilled.

I'll keep the 10 commandments and Jesus main teachings about morality for the rest of my life and I'll wait for salvation once I'm dead. But It seems there is no clear path these days.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:26 PM
Deactivated Account

I connect with 'God' without Jesus. I think my Christian mother is baffled by this..

I think it's just the example Jesus set.. it's easier to get to God when you are 'like him'. Some people just need a role model, really.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:28 PM
Deactivated Account

Also 'Jesus' as an incarnated human may be much more relatable to people than the abstract concept of 'God'. I think it's a very psychological thing.
Old 02-08-2014, 03:26 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettHayden
Also 'Jesus' as an incarnated human may be much more relatable to people than the abstract concept of 'God'. I think it's a very psychological thing.
Hi. I think its all according to the soul path someone choses for an incarnation. My mother chose to not believe in anything. Someone else I know chose to believe the way is through Jesus. Another person, through the Buddha. I personally love Jesus and Mother Mary etc. I may call on them to assist. I think they are advanced souls who came to help people. Because they can. If someone's relationship with "God" is the only way for them then this is exactlly right for them.

I think maybe the most important thing is the relationship with the self. With the God in each one of us. Trying to heal the separation from the God aspect in myself. Yes. Trying to heal that forgetting of the God spark that is the deepest essence of me, the I am. So much separation build up in lifetimes. Like the ball of yarn. each layer often building on the previous. So many of us may be here to heal this separation as never done before. I hope I have not diverted from the original topic. Trying to be with God may be about trying to be with the pure essence of moi
Old 02-08-2014, 06:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by matter
But It seems there is no clear path these days.

Very true......

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 06-08-2014, 10:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
http://biblehub.com/daniel/7-13.htm

"In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven."

Daniel, 7:13

The Messiah; The Mediator between God and man has always existed... always exists, apart fromt he "Space/Time" construct, and creation.
We see Him in the instituted and ordained sacrifices from the very beginning, even before the Law of God was given through Moses.
Such as in the story about Cain and Able.

Which same is about God's grace and mercy and love for His people, and regarding redemption, and, "Salvation".

Borne of His Love.

Why? Because the human situation in the organic and material world construct is a fallen one, wherein, imperfection is evident. Or, should be evident to anyone objective enough to see it.

And so, self justification and through personal works of "righteousness" so called, may benefit others in the world, but, alone are useless with respect to a relationship with God.
Faith is primary, mingled with humility, which are required.

1 Sam 16:7 - "for *man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart."

"...but to this *man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word" - Isaiah 66:2 KJV

*(Or, "woman".)