Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Judaism

Old 28-06-2011, 02:27 PM
A Glass named Esther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivendoah
I think there is a difference between calling yourself as an individual god rather then say that we are all part of god... together we form God... I think that is more what is being expressed...

I think I know what you are getting at, but we can take a moment to clarify the logic.

Together, we should all strive to reveal G-d here on earth through our own actions. However, when saying we are part of G-d, we shouldn't confuse that to mean that we form G-d.

-esther
Old 28-06-2011, 02:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbiO
To begin with, in response to your original post, there is no deity named Jehovah in Judaism - never was, never will be. Jehovah is the Germanization of what happens if one mistakenly reads the vowels for Adonai with the letters of the tetragrammaton. The vowels are simply there to remind one to say Adonai instead of trying to pronounce the divine name.

I would be remiss, as well, if I did not tell you that although I am sure you did not mean for it to be so, your statement above comes off as condescending. It's as if I were to ask if Honzaism could ever evolve into a state where Honzaites would allowed to accept that they are not, themselves, G-d.

One of the problems with your question is that there is an unspoken assumption that Judaism is a monolith. It never was. Even in the times of Jesus it was not question of Pharisees, Sadducees, Essenes, and Zealots because each of those groups was not monolithic in terms of the members. I always try to make clear that most often I am giving a A Jewish viewpoint because on so many issues there is not one viewpoint that can be properly called THE Jewish viewpoint.

One of the major thrusts of Jewish mysticism is panentheism and that thrust is alive and well in the Hasdic movement and elsewhere. You would do well to start exploring it. I would also point you to Jay Michaelson's book from a year or two ago "Everything is G-d". If you look for it put the "o" between the "g" and the "d". Michaelson is not a Hasid.

An interesting thing about the Jewish approach is, presuming one accepts the position posited, that this knowledge/awareness is not the end of the trail, it is the just a starting point.

B'shalom,

Petre

I love Jay Michaelson's work. LOVE it. I am reading "God in the Body". Cannot say enough good things about it. Really amazing.

Next on the list, "Everything is God"!

It is just a starting point. There are many who want to linger here in this realisation rather than getting back to being, to the intentions & actions of intentional living or co-creation.

As they say we still have to chop wood and carry water but from then on, we realise the miraculous and sacred nature of All. And we contribute to it, this time with kavanah.

l'shalom,
7L
Old 21-03-2012, 03:35 PM
sbjazzman

The goal was not to become God but to co-create with God to restore the world to it's original light. This was to be accomplished by becoming a nation of Priests - ritualistic practices meant to raise us up from the sparks that emitted when the world could not contain the promordial light. The template referred to as the model is called Adam Kadmon. I would google that to get the Jewish Mystical insight into your question.