Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 15-08-2018, 07:50 PM
Deactivated Account

Inaccurate predictions?

Do you have dreams or prophecies that do not come true?

I have had one dream that I believe was prophetic, about something in my life. It has not occurred, and I don't believe it will occur (hopefully).

I've also had a couple of other things told to me while in a meditative state. Detailed predictions about world issues. These have not transpired.

I wonder if prophecies are likely scenarios but not certainty?
Old 15-08-2018, 08:07 PM
Deactivated Account
Strangely, very few dreams come true and most don't. Prophetic dreams are rather extremely rare if you ask me. It's a little bit more common for dreams to give hints about a major event that is about to take place in a very subtle way, but even such dreams are not so common neither. In the end, dreams should just be taken with a grain of salt most of the time.
Old 15-08-2018, 09:45 PM
Administrator
Hello

I have had many come to pass, but they are not dreams, more they are on the waking level of visions. Like a motion picture that flashes for but a fleeting moment. Its not something that is nice to have. There is nothing one can do to change the course of events so at times I know its to make me ready to be there to in some way help pick up the pieces.

I used to look at it like this is so cruel to know things before they come to pass but now its just a part of life. Life happens we can not change that.

With dreams once we wake up the brain so kicks in and fills in the blanks. So things with dreams come foggy at times. Where a waking vision is more that OK I am seeing and feeling this and I know that I am conscious and awake.

In sleep lab studies they have looked at dreams and visions at times but have never been able to put all the pieces of the puzzle together. Much like the writtings of those in history that have made predictions, we fill in the gaps with our own ideas.

Lynn
Old 16-08-2018, 12:34 AM
Deactivated Account

Since this is anonymous I'll explain what I mean. During a time of trouble in my marriage, I had a very vivid dream one night. I usually do not dream, unless it is an ADC (which happens frequently). This night, I dreamed that I was walking through my house. The house was empty, except for my cat who was sleeping on a chair (the cat is now deceased). I was calling for my husband. He was gone, nowhere to be found. I knew he was gone for good. As I went through the house, I looked out the window, and a man was outside in his yard. He was picking up a newspaper in his driveway, and looked up and noticed me. This was to be my new husband, I understood.

Then I suddenly woke up, as happens in all my ADCs.

I've spent the last two years working on my marriage and all seems fine now.

I also seemed to have heard a very frightening world event being described to me while in a half-asleep state (this is when I often get whisperings from spirit guides). I won't say what that was because it was very disturbing. Details were described about weapons, which I didn't know but proved to be accurate when I googled later. This hasn't happened, and it doesn't seem like it will, at this point in time.

Maybe just dreams, hopefully.
Old 16-08-2018, 10:06 AM
Master
Hi,

Dreams are interesting experiences. In my view, some times we need to process potential outcomes so that we can deal with our concerns and apprehensions. I suspect this was one of those.

Essentially we need to confront what disturbs us and dreams like this help us do that.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 02-09-2018, 09:42 PM
Knower
Dreams usually reflect things that have happened to us in the day. Sometimes they reflect our worries and our fears. Sometimes they are prophetic. I started writing down my dreams as soon as I woke up and then I began to cultivate prophetic dreams. To be honest I found it disturbing. The dreams I had that were prophetic I knew would come true as soon as I woke up and they weren't always pleasant dreams. One involved a car accident and a small baby and this really upset me although the baby was fine. I stopped writing down the dreams and shut down as much as I could and soon the dreams stopped.
My mother used to have prophetic dreams as well. She even dreamt the winner of the Derby once but she didn't bet on it. It happened exactly as she dreamt it.