Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 02-08-2016, 09:37 AM
Guide

unrequited love

Has anyone experienced this in their lives and I mean, before knowing about twinflames? I was in love with a close friend for many years before he rejected me outright after a couple of friends intervened to get me to open up to him. It was the most horrible experience of my life and nothing compares to that time as I realised I must have closed my heart right off to any future loves. Be interesting to know if you think of that person still and wonder if they were significant in getting to this stage of the process.
Old 02-08-2016, 10:00 AM
Master

I have experienced something similar , and honestly , I didn't gain anyhting from all this. If anything it turned my world upside for nothing , and left me worst off than before.
I was on a spiritual path way many years before he came along, I didn't need to meet him to find my way or myself.
for some reason they cannot be forgotten. Crosses my mind everyday.
I'm sorry you had to go through that. I unspderstand completely how lonely it feels and how painful. It's the pain of rejection that bites the most.
Old 02-08-2016, 10:17 AM
Master
i have been through similar.
for me, the purpose of manifesting into Earthly/physical form was to have
a twin-flame type relationship. the one that i've recognized as "significant"
has not reciprocated, and that is a bummer.
Old 02-08-2016, 10:18 AM
Master
I experienced something similar. I was in an emotional affair with my friend for many years and the moment we decided to turn it into a full blown romantic affairs thing turned horrible and it lasted for two months and as it died so died the friendship. I felt so hurt and rejected that I made a resolution to distance myself from him and I succeed. I do not regret it now it happened 9 years ago.
Old 02-08-2016, 10:45 AM
Guide

thanks all for the replies. I just looked my friend up on facebook. I still care for him but it is like a platonic sort of sisterly love. Weird. LOL
Old 02-08-2016, 12:45 PM
Master
I'm in that sort of unrequited situation, with the lady I love, who's not in the least interested in a loving scenario of any description...

Fell in love with her the moment I first saw her...

However, I've just hung on to what I'd consider a perfect ending and will at least be happy to work my way through life, with that - as a possible outcome...

At least we're good friends and meet up for a coffee and a chat now and then... That is enough to keep me going...

Maybe something will move me one of these days... We'll wait and see...

Robbie....

Never search for answers. Wait patiently until they are placed before you, which will be when you can unconditionally accept: and live those answers...

Old 02-08-2016, 12:55 PM
Guide

Yes from my high school days many, many years ago. We did go out together some but I was into the relationship more than he was.

Now, 20 years later we have reconnected via social media and it seems he was into it more than I ever thought. His first words to me after so long just melted me to mush. We'll see what happens now. We want to get together, but his work schedule is making it difficult but we're in constant contact.

This is how I found out about twin flames, which I think we have going on. It certainly explains a whole lot about our strange relationship.
Old 02-08-2016, 02:34 PM
Knower

I've been in love with a good friend of mine for 5 years. I confessed him about 3 years ago, he rejected me as a woman, he was nice and considerate when told me he liked me as a friend only.
The first two days were terrible but then I realized I couldn't be angry at him as it's nobody's fault if there's no physical attraction.
The funny thing is that we became close friends after that, we are still in touch and in a weird way we are connected telephatically too. Whenever I truly miss him, he would reach out, even if it was 2 months we didn't talk. He just feels me.
I tried to break away from him, I deleted his number countless times but he always gets back to me. Even after I told him, I just couldn't continue like this and I want to stop meeting him. He must have missed me as he got in touch weeks later.

This unrequited love turning into a friendship gave me a lot of inspiration, I grew a lot, I matured.
Now I am content with the knowing he likes me, he thinks I am important to him and I don't feel like doing anything else. If we would get together one day, I'd be happy but I am okay with my own life too.
Old 02-08-2016, 04:19 PM
Deactivated Account

Was the story of my life in my youth. Major heartbreak due to it. Odd fact. When I met my twin soul online I had no idea he was anything more than a sweet guy I had connected with. He started asking me things about myself like the top five things I like least in life. One of my answers was "unrequited love." Long story but my fear of unrequited love caused me to doubt my twin's love for me and has been a large part in my journey, overcoming doubting love.
Old 02-08-2016, 06:43 PM
Master
Hey there
Hasn't everyone experienced unrequited love at one time or another. It's almost of rite of passage and your lucky if you have not been stung by it. I wonder about them sometimes. Nothing like my tf who I thought of all the time, but I think that it's just part of growing up. We gotta be careful that we don't confuse some of growing up with a tf/sm/sc etc ... I dunno it's life. It's being human and it's living and breathing and fighting to be the best you can be. These experiences are sent to us to help us grow. Whether we like them or not...!! There was this guy at Uni that I adored too, but things never took off there either as I was destined to be with another.. It is what it is, we can do it. To be spiritual is to be strong and to be able to experience the chaos but still be strong...

This is how I see it ...
Akira