Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 15-06-2018, 02:29 AM
Master

changing your beliefs

a funny thought, since posting here i've noticed no-one's managed to change anyone elses mind on their beliefs :)

a few don't try to do this like skyclad and these dont explain their beliefs only what their beliefs lead them to believe. Jesus parables sort of hint in that direction so that is allowed cause basically no-one is going to change their minds. no-one ever says they admit they were wrong and start believing what the other person does and starts wanting to learn from them. instead the opposite happens and no-one is dramatically changing their minds
Humans can do this though and suddenly do a 180 and completely change, but it rarely happens, and not on online forums

i'm pretty much guilty of blasting away on the keyboard for all sorts of reasons. i don't really expect anyone to for a second pay much attention. i enjoy just posting stuff. but i like the idea not trying to change other people's minds just leave it up to them whether they see it or not, if they don't then sure you can argue back but you'll never win them over it's literally impossible, it would take a miracle not anything you can do.
if this sound negative, well God has made our minds to work in this specific way on internet forums. It's his handiwork as creator. No-one can go again that!
Old 15-06-2018, 12:01 PM
Master
Hi David,

I am one such person who has changed their beliefs since joining this forum. I never knew much about Eastern spirituality before I joined and I have learned enormously about I AM and the holiness of the inner I. I used to think it was blasphemy to call oneself God; but I can accept it now.

So you see it does happen.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 15-06-2018, 12:56 PM
Master
Well, this is the Christianity forum. So?

The issues of "the elect", and "predestination", are valid in the scriptures. Which are indicative that what science has been telling us is true, regarding time being illusory.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 17-06-2018, 01:05 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
a funny thought, since posting here i've noticed no-one's managed to change anyone elses mind on their beliefs :)...

...but i like the idea not trying to change other people's minds just leave it up to them whether they see it or not,

well God has made our minds to work in this specific way on internet forums. It's his handiwork as creator. No-one can go again that!

Not trying to change another's mind is not negative. A conscious attempt to change another's mind about spirituality/religion is called proselytizing which has happened a lot in this section of the forum. That is very negative.

On the other hand, others have changed their mind about things by reading the various discussions going on here and formulating their own conclusions where no attempt was made to proselytize, only to discuss. That is a positive.
Old 17-06-2018, 01:10 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Hi David,

I am one such person who has changed their beliefs since joining this forum. I never knew much about Eastern spirituality before I joined and I have learned enormously about I AM and the holiness of the inner I. I used to think it was blasphemy to call oneself God; but I can accept it now.

WOW Honza! You have indeed come a long way! Congratulations on your spiritual evolution! I recall that you were struggling to understand that for quite some time. What year did this change come about and was it a gradual process or was it an immediate turning point? Do explain!
Old 19-06-2018, 01:34 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Hi David,

I'd love to hear more about this!