Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 25-06-2014, 02:31 AM
Rocko

A Visit?

My oldest (32) Daughter passed away suddenly on June 3rd. My wife and my 2 other Daughters were visiting her grave a few evenings ago.

About 25 yards away we noticed a turtle making its way North. We've been looking for signs from her and when my youngest saw the turtle, she said if that's my sister she will come this way. At that moment the turtle turned toward us. It walked to within 10 - 15 yards from our position and stopped.

My middle Daughter went out and sat down about 15 feet away from it. The turtle then walked over to her and sat down. It stayed there for several minutes and then walked another 10 to 15 feet to me, remained there for several minutes and then proceeded on to my youngest.

After it stayed by here side for several minutes the turtle then went to my wife and remained by her side for the longest time at least 15 minutes.

I took pictures of the turtle with each of us and on one of those with my wife there is a bright orb on her back just above the turtles head.

I've never seen a turtle act like this one, almost dog like. When we left the graveside the turtle was still there. We look for it each night now.
Old 25-06-2014, 04:01 AM
yumi14

Sorry for your loss.

But, wow! That is an incredible story!
Old 25-06-2014, 04:08 AM
elisi

i'm so sorry for your loss. i too have lost a child-but he came to me as hawk. i'm so happy you recognized that those who pass over can communicate and give us messages.

what a wonderful gift.

energy does not die-it just changes.
Old 25-06-2014, 10:39 AM
Guide
I'm so sorry for your loss. Losing a child must be the worst pain imaginable. Please accept my sincerest condolences.

Elisi,

I'm sorry for your loss too.

The story of the turtle is amazing and it should give you proof that your daughter is alive and well in the spirit realm. That is comforting isn't it?

May you have peace and light,
SC
Old 26-06-2014, 07:39 AM
Knower
I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't even begin to imagine what it's like to lose a child. That definitely sounds like a visitation. What a unique way to make contact!
Old 26-06-2014, 09:43 PM
Seeker

So very sorry for you and your families loss. That is such an incredibly beautiful story. Your daughter did an amazing thing for you. You all have a deeply spiritual family. Love and peace to you guys forever.
Old 28-06-2014, 03:30 AM
Raven Poet

Rocko, you have my heartfelt sympathy for the loss of your daughter.

What caught my eye in your story was the part about the Turtle travelling North. In our local Indigenous cultures, North is the direction on the Medicine Wheel where spirits exit the physical world to go home to the Spirit world.

And Turtles are so wise, so soulfully ancient, and carry so much magic and power with them ...

This was such a beautiful story and I think it's exactly how you interpreted it because of how it deeply touched you - as if it was meant to come to you.

Thank you for sharing your story!
Old 28-06-2014, 03:32 AM
Raven Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisi
i'm so sorry for your loss. i too have lost a child-but he came to me as hawk. i'm so happy you recognized that those who pass over can communicate and give us messages.

what a wonderful gift.

energy does not die-it just changes.
Elisi, I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your child.

You are so right about the transformation of energy at a physical death.

My Dad comes to me as a chickadee! He was always friendly with chickadees when he lived in this world, so it's no surprise he visits me in the form of those happy little birds. When they land close to me and chirp, I always say, "Hello there, Dad!"
Old 28-06-2014, 02:51 PM
Rocko

It was an amazing encounter. Since that day I've found 2 other turtles. 1 in my yard and I live in the city. Took this one to the cemetery to release as it's in the country. The other I found at work, it had wandered into our work area. I nudged with my boot towards a nearby pond. It looked at me for about 5 minutes then went home.

The guys probably thought it was strange that I was looking at a turtle with Love in my eyes!
Old 28-06-2014, 02:54 PM
Rocko

Thanks to all that have shared their thoughts and stories. I find great comfort in them.

I look for signs all the time and the encounter was so out of the ordinary that I had to get some other opinions.