Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 30-08-2018, 12:22 PM
Newbie ;)

Unhappy Having trouble interpreting (TW: suicide)

I had a concerning dream that I believe to be a premonition. I first dreamt that my mother committed suicide while we were on a trip visiting family (which we're planning to actually do relatively soon.) Then I dreamt a reader I follow on YouTube was pulling cards for me. She pulled one with a butterfly on it, at the bottom it read "Suicide." She said, "Someone close to you is going to attempt suicide."

After waking up, I went to a spiritual Facebook group I belong to and asked for some insight. Someone I've done readings for in the past responded. She pulled three cards for me:

Temperance from the Tarot of the Hidden Realm
Grieve from the Joy and Sorrow Oracle
and Divine Aid from the Archangel Michael's Sword and Shield Oracle.

I'm really at a loss as to what these mean. This is frustrating not only because of the context, but because I do tarot readings all the time for others, so I feel I should be able to interpret these.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you. Much love. <3
Old 30-08-2018, 09:49 PM
Deactivated Account

Hello Scucca, first of all, is your mother suicidal or suffering?

Butterflies are all about transformation,in a lot of spirituality literature, life and death are essentially the same thing, we are always transforming and transmuting. Perhaps, a part of your mother is changing/transforming. Or like many older woman, she could be menopausal? In Spanish they call that the change of life. As she ages, maybe there is a part of her that is changing /transforming from her former self and identity, and that is something you picked up.

For me, Dreams are dreams, they are a projection of our fears ,emotions, and the perception of the world around us. Sometimes dreams capture the essence and energy of the people around you but premonitions of death? No.. I often dreamed of my parents dying for years, losing my kids, or drowning in water. None which have happened, those dreams are just my own stressed induced emotions that project their way into dream..

As far as this reading, I would say those cards are a projection of your own fears. I mean, what did the reader say? Temperance indicates coming into balance, its also an angel on that card, so it shows a level of protection around you. There are no tarot cards that show you literal death, just transformation, and its all subjective game play, try not to take it too serious. Unless she is suicidal, I wouldn't consult the cards for that kind of advice, tarot is so subjective your going to drive yourself nuts,I find the more you are anxious to get an answer from the cards, the more they work against you. Like temperance, bringing yourself to balance seems like good advice.

Last edited by Clover : 31-08-2018 at 02:20 AM.
Old 01-09-2018, 11:01 AM
Super Moderator
I'm with clover. Sometimes things are more symbolic than literal. I had a dream once that I committed suicide by jumping off a crane into the ocean. I was suicidal at the time but it seemed an unlikely scenario so I reevaluated the dream and realized that it actually meant I was going to do something that felt like suicide as opposed to the act itself. Water symbolizes emotions and by jumping into them it would feel like death or feel like the end of me. I struggled with strong negative emotions my whole life and tried my best to suppress them. When I couldn't anymore it felt like they would be the death of me. They weren't and I liberated myself from my fear of them by diving in but it was definitely a shocking dream that could be seen as literal when it wasn't.

So I wonder if this trip and going back to see family feels like death to your mother? Does she struggle with her family? Is she suicidal? Maybe on the way have a conversation with her about how she is feeling. Ask her about what it was like for her as a child. You may have been given a heads up so you can be her divine aid, help her grieve her past, and transform. Your patience could be the key for her to transform into a butterfly.
Old 13-09-2018, 04:24 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scucca
I had a concerning dream that I believe to be a premonition. I first dreamt that my mother committed suicide while we were on a trip visiting family (which we're planning to actually do relatively soon.) Then I dreamt a reader I follow on YouTube was pulling cards for me. She pulled one with a butterfly on it, at the bottom it read "Suicide." She said, "Someone close to you is going to attempt suicide."

I see that you have already received a couple of insightful responses from Clover and Michelle to your suicide dream. It is apparently quite a worrying dream and certainly calls for its content to be resolved!

A way of starting to look at the dream would be to treat it as a message about you, for you (and only later relate it, if necessary, to your external mother).

So in the dream it is the mother committing suicide. Using a standard symbolic model of the psyche: the Mother represents the body, the Father the spirit, and then there is you the child as the soul on a spiritual journey.

Suicide is a desire to leave the outer world which has become hateful in some way (typically thoughts of suicide are also accompanied by self-hate). In the first instance it may be well worth looking at your own life to see if some part of life has become intolerable for your instinctual body self; is there something you have to make and force yourself do?

Generally, a dream, in the first instance, relates to issues within oneself. Secondarily though, you could look at your relationship with your external mother. Is it possible that the dream is a strong protest about you going on holiday with your external mother? i.e. going on a trip and journey with the external mother because of which your own journey with the needs of your inner mother and body will get neglected or compromised? This would then indicate a profound clash of the intentions and purposes of the inner mother within you, versus the intentions and purposes for you that your external mother has.

Last edited by Drewan : 13-09-2018 at 10:31 PM.
Old 06-10-2018, 09:29 PM
Newbie ;)
Guide
Very often dreams shows us our worst fears, and by dreaming about it we prevent them from happen.

As the swiss psychotherapist Carl Gustav Jung I see dreams as something that has been laid behind you, but I understand they can be overwhelming at the time you dream them.

I find it strange to do a reading from three different decks. It surely couldn't have made you any wiser.

Hope this helps :-)

minx.