Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 03-05-2018, 01:47 PM
bartholomew

A Little About Kundalini

A Little About Kundalini

It is a word that describes the alignment of the ethereal body, base to crown which enables a much higher, direct, degree of interaction with the soul. This is important to note. There is a differentiation between soul contact and ordinary psychic activity wherein we may access and function on the astral.

The astral plane is the emotional plane. Most psychics and mediums work here. Almost all shamans do. To do this no kundalini is needed. The point of interface with our lower selves is through our solar plexuses.

The plane of our souls is generally the high end of the mental (sometimes higher too) which is only successfully connected to via our crowns. Those of us who are not suitably advanced will find apparent access because the soul will have constructed a thought form on the astral where we can easily find it. This is adequate for most purposes.

Note here that it is not always easy to understand the mechanics of our sensitivity. Are we working in the astral or somewhere else? How do we know this?

When engaged in the sort of psychic activity described above there is no need for kundalini. Lower spiritual access is more than adequate for the majority of workers.

Kundalini is a word that describes the purified channel, lower to higher in our bodies, through which we are connected to realms far above the astral plane via our souls. Indeed using Kundalini the mental plane is only the threshold, the lowest point of contact. When we access these higher planes through the use of this method we are, necessarily, joining with our souls first.

Another way to think of Kundalini is that it is a means of establishing direct, knowing, conscious contact with our own souls. Then.... going other places is done jointly with the soul. This is the essential thing. But who can do this and why would they want to?

Remembering that Kundalini requires an open crown chakra, one with at least several key petals of attribute properly positioned in growth we see easily that he or she who has not yet achieved this plateau will not succeed. The ethereal body must be grown to the point of ability before Kundalini can be made functional. Kundalini cannot happen to he or she whose crown is not sufficiently developed.

The harm which is possible from premature raising of “the dragon” results from the resultant excessive energy flows in the emotional centers (solar plexus and others in the body) to he or she who is not yet grown sufficiently. The dangers here should be obvious. They result from an overstimulated emotional body.

The man or woman who is spiritually mature enough will not need to ask how to achieve this. It will have happened naturally. Indeed kundalini flow can be so very routine that it is hardly perceived by the one concerned. This is the natural way of it.

The advanced woman or man who, for some reason, needs to open this channel of communication will simply stand for a moment, take a breath to relax then, using mind, begin at the base and “will” the flow to begin first at the base and then continuing upwards past each chakra in turn and stopping at the crown. There is no mistaking this. When it is ready a ring of fire will be felt surrounding the head beginning just above the ears. It feels like a crown made of heat. At this point it is established and will remain until it is no longer needed. Now the personality has real time contact with the soul. The two are one.

The above is the way kundalini naturally works. Before it can be achieved the person must be sufficiently advanced spiritually. More specifically their crown centers must be opened and functioning. Here are the references to the jewel of the lotus and so on. Those things cannot be accomplished artifically. The man or woman, regardless of intent and desire to achieve, will not experience kundalini until they are first prepared properly. And this preparation only results from long, long work through many lifetimes of effort.

Who is ready? An examination of the aura will reveal this. Look at the centers. Is the solar plexus still dominant? If so alignment will be more difficult. Look at the heart. Then examine the head centers. What do you see or feel (depending on how you view the aura)? If you see that the person is yet centered in their emotions and that the head is open only at average levels then go no further. It is not yet time. If the solar plexus is open or if there are energy signatures of pains in the lower centers then go no further. It is not yet time.

What all of the above means is that we cannot rush spiritual growth. We can prepare and practice those activities which will lead us to the doors of initiation but we cannot force, using lower desire mind, the high paths... yet. They are closed to those who are not ready.

The key thing in the above is the word initiation. The person must have taken at least the first but preferably the second or higher of the major initiations before kundalini is available to them. Consider too that these types do not need to seek outside assistance. They are not to be found asking how to raise it. They will automatically know because it is natural for them.

Yes harm can come to he or she who attempts, prematurely, to open this channel. What usually happens is that the flow begins to raise but stops at the solar plexus where it causes much discomfort. When this happens both the throat and the third eye are usually involved with sometimes negative results appearing in the lower emotional mind.

This is not an easy thing to write. There are so many who are genuinely motivated to do good in the world. To those who work towards enlightenment so they can serve others I say: The highest forms of help, spiritual guidance and so on, are available to us all just the way we presently are. Kundalini is not something that will increase our ability. No. It is something that naturally results from ability being already present.

Those who use kundalini every day do not advocate it. They remain quiet as they work in spiritual matters. They will not offer lessons nor will they offer to teach others who are interested. The aura of the applicant reveals whether or not he or she is sufficiently grown. Only these types will have success. Be very cautious regarding anyone who seems to suggest that anyone can benefit from an open kundalini. The majority of us are perfectly able in spiritual matters just as we already are. When the time for kundalini comes we will not need to ask how to do it. We will know because it happens all by itself.

Is a person more spiritual if they experience kundalini? Not necessarily. We all already have access although it is indirect to our souls and thence to higher realms. Kundalini offers direct connection though. That is the main distinction. The term “one with the soul” applies here. When you meet a man or woman who is thus enabled you will be standing in front of an adept. Adepts live quietly on the sidelines of life. When they teach they first select students who are sufficiently grown in spirit. They do not advertise and suggest this or that to the public at large.

There is one last thing to say. Are we attempting high access through our personality desire mind? If so we will have only limited success. When the kundalini is raised we are no longer doing this. The personality and everyday mind is set aside. Now we are directly connected to the mind of our soul. When this happens we and our souls are in communion. To do this the personality must be quiescent and out of the way. We can see then that to desire kundalini is counter to what is really needed because “desiring” prevents it happening.

Please be very careful about kundalini. For the advanced soul it is useful. For the average person it is not. Again... if a man or woman has to ask about kundalini then they are not ready. Set it aside and use the abilities which you already have.

Forgive the tone of this post. Kundalini is not a thing to be taken lightly.

James/Bartholomew

Last edited by bartholomew : 03-05-2018 at 10:20 PM.
Old 03-05-2018, 09:05 PM
Master

Thank you James/Bartholomew. An excellent post. Much of what you say is reminiscent of the Alice Bailey books.

Peace.
Old 03-05-2018, 09:58 PM
Suspended
Knower

I wonder is this not another practice to let people to suffer in their mental and physical bodies. Words are sweet , entic and inveigle but they are provoking or hurting ignorances.

Sorry for my comment.
Old 03-05-2018, 10:13 PM
bartholomew

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Thank you James/Bartholomew. An excellent post. Much of what you say is reminiscent of the Alice Bailey books.

Peace.

Funny you should mention AB. When I met Bartholomew in '91 I was prodded to sign up with Arcane school. I did and 26 years later I completed all of their formal training. It never really ends though. My bookshelf includes all of the AB books which I now use for reference.

It was about five years after I began with Arcane that I had my first kundalini experience. Now it is commonplace. Before doing a soul reading I "align" myself and will it to raise (as described in the post). It does and the reading begins. In the beginning I was not sure what it was so I went to those who do aura photography, raised it and then examined the picture.

Yes the admonishments given by DK are well to heed.

It is difficult to speak of these things without suggesting to the reader that a certain ability is present....etc etc. But this is intended to be a scholastic piece only so hopefully it's OK. What I write in posts like this one is born of experience but guided/channeled by Bart.

James/Bartholomew

Last edited by bartholomew : 03-05-2018 at 11:36 PM.
Old 03-05-2018, 10:32 PM
bartholomew

Quote:
Originally Posted by soarmind
I wonder is this not another practice to let people to suffer in their mental and physical bodies. Words are sweet , entic and inveigle but they are provoking or hurting ignorances.

Sorry for my comment.

It may sound glib to say it but wisdom is the key that opens all doors and it comes only from hard work and suffering. This is the reason the Earth is as it is. The good news is that here on Earth the opportunities for rapid growth are immense. The fact that so many good people are drawn to this forum indicates the validity of the spiritual design of our familiar Earth plane.
Old 03-05-2018, 11:11 PM
Master
Unfortunately, your warnings have come too late, in my case.

However, I was not even trying to raise kundalini or even thinking about it when it happened and I can only say that it was through the Grace of God that it did, because I was in deep prayer with a full ego and heart surrender at the time...but I was still far from being ready. I didn't even want it and as She was rising, I was fighting it with my total unworthiness, but it's impossible to stop once She starts and all you can do is surrender more. I even thought that God must have seen that I wasn't ready for it as my throat chakra was still blocked and so what happened was that Kundalini took the path of the least resistance, with a partial ascension up my solar nerve or pingala Nadi.

Often and in most cases, those who want, desire, try to raise Kundalini won't succeed because She does not respond to being forced or controlled. She will raise up in Her own sweet time and way, no matter whether the aspirant is ready or not, but having the prerequisite of a pure body, open chakras and a strong moral fortitude is a bonus or else, like me, constant grounding or earthing becomes an essential part of life.

Kundalini also doesn't really get stuck in the manipura chakra because the first place that She can rest after leaving the Mooladhara, is the Anahata Chakra, or the heart centre...or else, She will just go straight back down into the root centre when She finds that She can progress no further.

For others who have experienced the solar channel rising, Kundalini may even progress to the crown chakra, but She cannot be kept there or remain there for any substantial length of time. Shakti will be able to see Shiva, maybe embrace Him, but She won't hang around for long enough to partake in the Divine Dance...or cosmic conjugal bliss, or however you like to say it.
Old 03-05-2018, 11:14 PM
Suspended
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartholomew
It may sound glib to say it but wisdom is the key that opens all doors and it comes only from hard work and suffering. This is the reason the Earth is as it is. The good news is that here on Earth the opportunities for rapid growth are immense. The fact that so many good people are drawn to this forum indicates the validity of the spiritual design of our familiar Earth plane.

I more prefer mild and moderate practice of mind with no danger or no side effect ahead. And I like to know the Gods behind the practice and their agenda, then I'll decide to accept it or not or whether it's benefit me? I may suffer but what about my family looking at this practice and are they suffer if not only me to be the only one who do suffer? What about my future undertakings, are they affected by it? Or my future will be darkened and no more peace in my future life?
Old 03-05-2018, 11:48 PM
bartholomew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Unfortunately, your warnings have come too late, in my case.

However, I was not even trying to raise kundalini or even thinking about it when it happened and I can only say that it was through the Grace of God that it did, because I was in deep prayer with a full ego and heart surrender at the time...but I was still far from being ready. I didn't even want it and as She was rising, I was fighting it with my total unworthiness, but it's impossible to stop once She starts and all you can do is surrender more. I even thought that God must have seen that I wasn't ready for it as my throat chakra was still blocked and so what happened was that Kundalini took the path of the least resistance, with a partial ascension up my solar nerve or pingala Nadi.

Often and in most cases, those who want, desire, try to raise Kundalini won't succeed because She does not respond to being forced or controlled. She will raise up in Her own sweet time and way, no matter whether the aspirant is ready or not, but having the prerequisite of a pure body, open chakras and a strong moral fortitude is a bonus or else, like me, constant grounding or earthing becomes an essential part of life.

Kundalini also doesn't really get stuck in the manipura chakra because the first place that She can rest after leaving the Mooladhara, is the Anahata Chakra, or the heart centre...or else, She will just go straight back down into the root centre when She finds that She can progress no further.

For others who have experienced the solar channel rising, Kundalini may even progress to the crown chakra, but She cannot be kept there or remain there for any substantial length of time. Shakti will be able to see Shiva, maybe embrace Him, but She won't hang around for long enough to partake in the Divine Dance...or cosmic conjugal bliss, or however you like to say it.

Because the Earth is imperfect we, as passengers on this planet, will occasionally suffer an event such as the one you describe. Yes. Kundalini can raise spontaneously for no apparent reason. You now have the wisdom born of experience however. A thing that many others wait for, lifetime after lifetime.

Yes I understand what you refer to when you say that the dragon can make a U turn and go back down. This is one reason there is often sexual energy loosely related to kundalini attempts. It is all experience.

Do you find that your throat is still in pain or that you find it necessary to continue grounding. Have you considered the minor emotional body chakras which correspond the the knees? Leg massage combined with a healing aroma will possibly help to readjust the whole to normal. What do you think?

James/Bartholomew
Old 03-05-2018, 11:57 PM
bartholomew

Quote:
Originally Posted by soarmind
I more prefer mild and moderate practice of mind with no danger or no side effect ahead. And I like to know the Gods behind the practice and their agenda, then I'll decide to accept it or not or whether it's benefit me? I may suffer but what about my family looking at this practice and are they suffer if not only me to be the only one who do suffer? What about my future undertakings, are they affected by it? Or my future will be darkened and no more peace in my future life?

He or she who thinks first of the welfare of others has no need of uplifting spiritual events. The high paths are already being walked.

So many strive and yearn but they make the common mistake of equating high spirituality with phenomena. There are adepts in the world who are not in the slightest clairvoyant; who cannot see auras and never experience any sort of psychic events. Yet they are possibly the reflections of souls who are near to master status. We tend to lose sight of the possibly that our soul is not always too concerned with us in a direct sense but rather with it's own path. we, to such a soul, might find we are limited but through this we are doing, achieving, exactly what the soul needs in that lifetime. So try not to equate spiritual status with personality attributes. They seldom line up.

You are exactly where you should be at this moment in your life. You do not entertain lower spiritual desire but have other goals. You are achieving quite a lot. You have learned patience and selflessness. All is well.

James/Bartholomew
Old 04-05-2018, 12:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartholomew
A Little About Kundalini

It is a word that describes the alignment of the ethereal body, base to crown which enables a much higher, direct, degree of interaction with the soul. This is important to note. There is a differentiation between soul contact and ordinary psychic activity wherein we may access and function on the astral.

The astral plane is the emotional plane. Most psychics and mediums work here. Almost all shamans do. To do this no kundalini is needed. The point of interface with our lower selves is through our solar plexuses.

The plane of our souls is generally the high end of the mental (sometimes higher too) which is only successfully connected to via our crowns. Those of us who are not suitably advanced will find apparent access because the soul will have constructed a thought form on the astral where we can easily find it. This is adequate for most purposes.

Note here that it is not always easy to understand the mechanics of our sensitivity. Are we working in the astral or somewhere else? How do we know this?

When engaged in the sort of psychic activity described above there is no need for kundalini. Lower spiritual access is more than adequate for the majority of workers.

Kundalini is a word that describes the purified channel, lower to higher in our bodies, through which we are connected to realms far above the astral plane via our souls. Indeed using Kundalini the mental plane is only the threshold, the lowest point of contact. When we access these higher planes through the use of this method we are, necessarily, joining with our souls first.

Another way to think of Kundalini is that it is a means of establishing direct, knowing, conscious contact with our own souls. Then.... going other places is done jointly with the soul. This is the essential thing. But who can do this and why would they want to?

Remembering that Kundalini requires an open crown chakra, one with at least several key petals of attribute properly positioned in growth we see easily that he or she who has not yet achieved this plateau will not succeed. The ethereal body must be grown to the point of ability before Kundalini can be made functional. Kundalini cannot happen to he or she whose crown is not sufficiently developed.

The harm which is possible from premature raising of “the dragon” results from the resultant excessive energy flows in the emotional centers (solar plexus and others in the body) to he or she who is not yet grown sufficiently. The dangers here should be obvious. They result from an overstimulated emotional body.

The man or woman who is spiritually mature enough will not need to ask how to achieve this. It will have happened naturally. Indeed kundalini flow can be so very routine that it is hardly perceived by the one concerned. This is the natural way of it.

The advanced woman or man who, for some reason, needs to open this channel of communication will simply stand for a moment, take a breath to relax then, using mind, begin at the base and “will” the flow to begin first at the base and then continuing upwards past each chakra in turn and stopping at the crown. There is no mistaking this. When it is ready a ring of fire will be felt surrounding the head beginning just above the ears. It feels like a crown made of heat. At this point it is established and will remain until it is no longer needed. Now the personality has real time contact with the soul. The two are one.

The above is the way kundalini naturally works. Before it can be achieved the person must be sufficiently advanced spiritually. More specifically their crown centers must be opened and functioning. Here are the references to the jewel of the lotus and so on. Those things cannot be accomplished artifically. The man or woman, regardless of intent and desire to achieve, will not experience kundalini until they are first prepared properly. And this preparation only results from long, long work through many lifetimes of effort.

Who is ready? An examination of the aura will reveal this. Look at the centers. Is the solar plexus still dominant? If so alignment will be more difficult. Look at the heart. Then examine the head centers. What do you see or feel (depending on how you view the aura)? If you see that the person is yet centered in their emotions and that the head is open only at average levels then go no further. It is not yet time. If the solar plexus is open or if there are energy signatures of pains in the lower centers then go no further. It is not yet time.

What all of the above means is that we cannot rush spiritual growth. We can prepare and practice those activities which will lead us to the doors of initiation but we cannot force, using lower desire mind, the high paths... yet. They are closed to those who are not ready.

The key thing in the above is the word initiation. The person must have taken at least the first but preferably the second or higher of the major initiations before kundalini is available to them. Consider too that these types do not need to seek outside assistance. They are not to be found asking how to raise it. They will automatically know because it is natural for them.

Yes harm can come to he or she who attempts, prematurely, to open this channel. What usually happens is that the flow begins to raise but stops at the solar plexus where it causes much discomfort. When this happens both the throat and the third eye are usually involved with sometimes negative results appearing in the lower emotional mind.

This is not an easy thing to write. There are so many who are genuinely motivated to do good in the world. To those who work towards enlightenment so they can serve others I say: The highest forms of help, spiritual guidance and so on, are available to us all just the way we presently are. Kundalini is not something that will increase our ability. No. It is something that naturally results from ability being already present.

Those who use kundalini every day do not advocate it. They remain quiet as they work in spiritual matters. They will not offer lessons nor will they offer to teach others who are interested. The aura of the applicant reveals whether or not he or she is sufficiently grown. Only these types will have success. Be very cautious regarding anyone who seems to suggest that anyone can benefit from an open kundalini. The majority of us are perfectly able in spiritual matters just as we already are. When the time for kundalini comes we will not need to ask how to do it. We will know because it happens all by itself.

Is a person more spiritual if they experience kundalini? Not necessarily. We all already have access although it is indirect to our souls and thence to higher realms. Kundalini offers direct connection though. That is the main distinction. The term “one with the soul” applies here. When you meet a man or woman who is thus enabled you will be standing in front of an adept. Adepts live quietly on the sidelines of life. When they teach they first select students who are sufficiently grown in spirit. They do not advertise and suggest this or that to the public at large.

There is one last thing to say. Are we attempting high access through our personality desire mind? If so we will have only limited success. When the kundalini is raised we are no longer doing this. The personality and everyday mind is set aside. Now we are directly connected to the mind of our soul. When this happens we and our souls are in communion. To do this the personality must be quiescent and out of the way. We can see then that to desire kundalini is counter to what is really needed because “desiring” prevents it happening.

Please be very careful about kundalini. For the advanced soul it is useful. For the average person it is not. Again... if a man or woman has to ask about kundalini then they are not ready. Set it aside and use the abilities which you already have.

Forgive the tone of this post. Kundalini is not a thing to be taken lightly.

James/Bartholomew

Thanks James.

In the building of deep trust and safety in myself at this time, I realized most of what I endured through my own awakening and blowouts was to eliminate all fear to reconnect deeper to my true nature, or more direct knowing without fear in place. So for someone like myself most often through the process of letting go of control, many aspects of my own openings were met as spontaneous creations for me to let go of control. So I guess at certain points of the journey our soul or spirit however you define your higher self intervening, does intervene on its own accord in it's own readiness to serve what it needs to serve beyond the lower desires that comes through fear or ego mindset.

Right now I am aware of shifting those blocks of, " what if "without fear and moving deeper into what is in trust and safety for myself and my life. Being curious without fear, listening and delving into the process of myself aware and more clear to be this way now.

I have seen those I have 'walked with and through' spontaneously utilize kundalini when they let go into the emotional body containing themselves and locking in the depth of their soul awareness. I witness how they shifted through the whole spectrum of themselves (anger, joy, bliss, love and peace)... So at some point I see that the soul/higher self takes over, when we are activated, opened in some way of life reflections to let go of the emotional binds locking in. My own call to this situation was the activator, not that I "knew" what was coming. I was just being myself in trust of what I felt was "timing" so I suppose in some way I became the soul call on the other side to bring them into themselves and for me to stay very present with it all and not fear them or myself in this way. Seeing the unfolding was quite traumatic for me to witness this level of opening, but I realize now in hindsight it was to TRUST in myself and in others process more directly but being present with myself as all this, which of course builds a deeper direct trust in my own soul level of being. For the other it served them to "end the war more complete". Something that took me twenty five years to do, slowly and more directly through steps and process..(I can laugh at that one now lol ) The interesting thing was that the "other" going through it felt like we were cocooned in a spiritual bubble, even as it was all going on with people all around. I had a sense of that cocoon, but of course my presence to remain present was moving and shaky so it wasn't so stable a view for me in this way, he was able to gauge himself.

I wanted to put out these thoughts out to share.
Quote:
Kundalini is not something that will increase our ability. No. It is something that naturally results from ability being already present.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder