Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14-02-2016, 09:05 PM
Guide

'Home' in the Afterlife

I’m intrigued by the idea of manifesting a home in the spirit realm. I can imagine that in many different lives in different realities, ’home’ would remain be a recurring theme. I also enjoyed reading SGS’s comments about it in the ‘Common Questions’ topic, including points about decorating it with objects that have been meaningful to us, and even requesting to have our home designed by spirits who have a strong connection with the likes of architecture and construction.

I realise that some may feel that a home is irrelevant to a spirit, but it’s essentially a sanctuary, a place of familiarity where one can fall back to reflect, heal, and put some aspects of reality on hold. I can’t help but wonder about it, if perhaps it already exists and how it may change depending upon my experiences.

How would you imagine your home to be?

I guess it’s hard not to think about it from a point of view that’s heavily influenced by the lives we currently live. There could be realities out there so different to ours that we can’t imagine them with a human mind, and so couldn’t apply their potential qualities to our imagined homes.

When I first thought about mine, it’s interesting because an image came to me like in a dream, instantaneously before I could even process it. There was already a layout from the start, wherever it came from. It stood on a cliff edge, surrounded by the ocean. The funny thing is that I wouldn’t live in that kind of place in this physical life of ours, as peaceful as it may be. I sense that this imagined home of mine exists on its own planet, maybe in its own universe. The idea seems so lonely, and yet there’s such a freshness to it, an entirely untouched world, and you can't get more peaceful than that. Or maybe it’s just a holiday home! Haha. Truth be told, I don’t feel like this would be it. I believe it's influenced by current feelings to hide from the world, and I’m just playing with my thoughts. If my spiritual self would be anything like me, however, as I am, I love creating things so much that I simply couldn't keep one idea. I'd want to keep changing it over and over again to mix it up and try different things.

What’s your thoughts on a home in the afterlife? How, as you are, would you imagine yours to be?