Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 30-06-2018, 10:17 PM
Knower
Can you be whoever you want to be?

I think we can be whoever we dont want to be. Lets say I want to be a doctor. I study and work hard to become a doctor. But in the process of becoming a doctor I become something else, a bookworn. All I do is read books and memorize them so where is the doctor in that?
Lets say I want to be rich. I work hard to become rich, but in the process of obtaining riches, I have to work so much that I become a poor labourer.
These examples that I give, usually vent my dissapointment in life. I try to be optimistic but things seem to be so tangled. No matter what path I consider taking, each one has a fatal flaw in it. I am talking about making my career. Has anyone ever successfully become what they aim for?
Old 01-07-2018, 12:15 AM
Badcopyinc

You can't be whoever you want.
You can only realize who you are.
The more you chase who you aren't, the more resistance you will face.

You can do whatever you want in life once you realize who you are though. with little resistance. more so you will fall into it.
Old 01-07-2018, 12:44 AM
Master

I'm going to throw this out there...

when considering what I wished to be, I ended up putting a lot more weight on what I thought others wanted me to be than on any real understanding of who I was and what I might be.
Old 01-07-2018, 03:06 AM
Master
You can be whoever you want to be, but Karma may have other ideas about that.

All you can ever be, is the best version of yourself at any given time.
Old 01-07-2018, 03:12 AM
I believe if you think you can you can.
If you think you can't you can't...and never will.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 01-07-2018, 05:01 AM
Master

In life, you get, on average, what you deserve on average.

Don't get disappointed when you perceive that you get less than you deserve, because the future will compensate for it. When you get more than you deserve don't get cocky either, because it will average out.

Always do your best, no matter what! If you get discouraged, and do less, then you deserve less, and you'll get even less. It will spiral down.
Old 01-07-2018, 09:12 AM
Lorelyen

It's a bit selective and depends on what sort of person/mentality you have on the mundane. You can be many things you want as long as society/your culture at large allows you to practise your vocation; how single-mindedly you can pursue the goal, how much compromise you're prepared to make; how good you are at strategising (which is where meditation, contemplation, visualisation can help). And finally, your resources:

Becoming a doctor is expensive. Becoming a world famous pianist is expensive. (Both on time and money.) Becoming rich is looking at what personal resource you can put into investment, how much you can borrow to start things off and finding someone damned good to guide you initially.

I was consoled that as a "mature" student I could take up an uni or college course if determined - no entrance exams as long as I could convince the head of department that I was worth taking on. Things may be different where you are but that's the UK.

I was determined to go free-lance but that rested on having some contacts, a "get it done" mentality, strong motivation and wiling to be adaptable if I had got it wrong. I affirmed I was going to win! Well, I can't pretend it's been an easy ride but I reckon I'm where I want to be. I didn't want to be rich and famous! just earn enough to put half my earnings away for rainy days/old age.

So...see yourself in your future, decide if it's feasible, if it is, work out how you can do it.