Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 14-02-2016, 02:38 AM
Newbie ;)

When a sufferer takes his/her own life ???

Imagine someone who has suffered all his/her life. Now, that person says enough is enough, and extinguishes his/her physical form.

What then happens ? Your opinion ? Please don't point to some verse in the bible or some other book. I want your opinion from your mind and heart.

(Please ... no hate)
Old 14-02-2016, 11:31 AM
Knower
hey present_in_pain, I have talked about this subject with a healer who can connect to these energies - he clears houses where there's people who can't cross over and who somehow disturb the energies for the new tenants. He says that not every suicide is the same. After prolonged suffering, when someone very consciously makes the decision to end their life, and has fully accepted that it's time to say goodbye, these people usually cross over quite peacefully. But suicide many times is done in a moment of sheer despair (even after prolonged suffering it can still be a momentary choice), a very dark cloud comes over you and you just... do it. And then instantly afterwards the soul can have a sense of: 'OH NO! what did I do? I can't undo this!' With guilt and regret coming in. This would be a scenario for someone not crossing over and being stuck in some way where it happened.

This is of course no exact science, just recounting the experience of someone who regularly connects to these energies.

I have thought of this scenario myself, as I am severly ill with little hope. I myself believe that suffering in the physical form is a way to learn some very important lessons. Leaving the physical form would imho not release me from said lesson, and in a next reincarnation I would be put in a similar (or worse) situation. Also, it seems that we choose our own life path in a way, the setting in which we are to learn or overcome certain things, and that gives me strength to not give up - I chose this for a reason. (Although I absolutely understand when people do decide that they can not suffer any longer. Maybe leaving the physical form early can also be in one's life lesson? Anything is possible...)
Old 14-02-2016, 01:38 PM
Super Moderator
I agree with everything Sparkles has said. I have a suspicion that at one point in a past life I did something I deemed so horrible I declared that I was unfit for existence and I immediately tried to kill myself with the intention to not exist. As a result I spent a period of time in a state of black nothingness with only my thoughts. It took some coaxing for my loved ones to get my attention and draw me into the light. I believe I have been spending many lifetimes trying to heal that decision I made about myself. You do bring the pain with you and I can say that it can be a bit confusing to come into a life with a lot of pain and not really know the context of why. To hate yourself so much and not have good reason is difficult to sort out but I am really happy I didn't bolt when every fiber of my being was telling me to get out because I am now freeing myself from some very dark misguided untrue ideas about myself that will liberate me for all eternity. But I could only do that by confront the pain square in the eye. I don't necessarily have proof of this except from some dreams and messages I believe are from spirit but I have a very strong suspicion this is the path I have been on for many lives and it has been a long road to recover. The suicide did not end the pain, it only prolonged it.

Like Sparkles said, pain is our teacher. Our brains are hardwired to want to survive so when the pain seems unending it can feel like the only solution is suicide but the pain is teaching us something and accepting that every life will have some is the key to conquering this world. The fact that a person is in pain is a clear indication that the soul is ready to release the dark limiting thoughts or it would not be in the forefront. Only when the student is ready will the lesson be presented so pain is actually a sign of a willing soul to take on change. It's not easy but having pain is actually a sign of strength. Looking at the pain is what will set one free.

If there is a physical illness then contemplating the area of the body and type of illness there is may give clues to where the trouble lies. Repressed feelings and beliefs manifest as physical pain. If it is emotional pain and duress then taking time to listen to the inner dialogue may give substantial clues to what in life is dragging the person to the point of wanting to opt out. There are therapists, books, soul searching, mindfulness and mediation can help a person get to the root of the beliefs causing them to want to self destruct and help change their mind about their life and themselves so that they can free themselves from manifesting the pain. It's a slow process but healing can occur.

Though I can't say for certain that that suicide isn't in someone's life plan I lean more towards the idea that there is a likely possibility it could happen given a certain set of circumstances in a person's life who may find it too difficult to hold on. It is one possible conclusion in any number of conclusions but it is never a given. A soul always hopes to find resolution in every life. Odds are a soul won't be able to tackle all their lessons in one life but I also strongly believe leaving will not give the person the answer they are looking for and will only prolong the suffering by it being carried over into the next life and all subsequent lives until it is resolved. A person is never judged by their soul or guides for committing the act of self destruction but the lessons will still be there to learn at some point. Our lives progress one to the next picking up in the next life where we left off in the last. So though suicide can seem like the best solution confrontation really is what in the end we all wind up doing once we have exhausted all other options.

There was a time I was certain I had to leave and I got a message from my higher saying that though it would be no sweat off their back if I left they wanted me to stay. I was never pressured about it only encouraged to keep holding on because by doing so I would eventually get answers and healing. I have been there at that place of really really needing to go but also having a knowing that it won't get me what I want. I really believed and wanted to not exist but I knew that wasn't possible and that suicide would not heal this so though I was beside myself frustrated to have to stay a part of me just kind of knew that the only way out was through the pain. I personally can attest to how excruciatingly hard it can be to be in that much emotional pain a person only sees suicide as a solution but reminding oneself that they are and can be brave is a great way to push through because in the end, once the pain is confronted once and for all we will see that it has all been rooted in lies we somehow took on as truth. And by confronting it we will at some point come to the realization we are free to change our minds about it freeing ourselves for all eternity.
Old 14-02-2016, 01:55 PM
Master

This 'someone' wouldn't happen to be you would it?

This may be hard for some to swallow but we choose our earthly body and the framework of our earthly lives BEFORE we incarnate.
So you chose to be you.

Every earthly life will have its measure of pain and suffering, to a greater or lesser extent.

If you are suffering now, I say two things:
1) Maybe it is settling of past karma? In which case you are clearing it, which is good.
2) The greatest of souls have suffered, often terribly, but they came through the mill and emerged the other side with dignity, nobility, love and forgiveness. And that's what made them great souls!
Pain and suffering are never pleasant to live through, but when faced rightly, 'you' emerge from them BLESSED with compassion, empathy and understanding. And if you have also used your time prudently and acquired wisdom, you can make wonderful use of those qualities in your day to day life.

Life is full of trials and tribulations, its meant to be, that's how we learn and grow.
So stand your ground, dear soul. Stand your ground.

(If one took their own life and thereby 'dodged' something they were meant to learn and experience, they would only have to come back and live through it again.)

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 14-02-2016, 11:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by present_in_pain
Imagine someone who has suffered all his/her life. Now, that person says enough is enough, and extinguishes his/her physical form.

What then happens ?

They die or survive in critical condition. Anything beyond that is beyond my understanding as i've yet to come back from the dead.

Quote:
Your opinion ?

Their life, their choice. Though there is a really good chance you'll survive and end up suffering even more pain then you previously were suffering from. A person is more likely to fail suicide than achieve it.
Old 15-02-2016, 07:36 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkles
After prolonged suffering, when someone very consciously makes the decision to end their life, and has fully accepted that it's time to say goodbye, these people usually cross over quite peacefully.

Thank you ! The person I am thinking of (who is considering suicide) matches the above description.

Quote:
I have thought of this scenario myself, as I am severly ill with little hope.

I'm so sorry to hear this. I can only hope that, if not recovery, you are able to obtain relief from the pain.

Quote:
I myself believe that suffering in the physical form is a way to learn some very important lessons. Leaving the physical form would imho not release me from said lesson, and in a next reincarnation I would be put in a similar (or worse) situation. Also, it seems that we choose our own life path in a way, the setting in which we are to learn or overcome certain things, and that gives me strength to not give up - I chose this for a reason. (Although I absolutely understand when people do decide that they can not suffer any longer. Maybe leaving the physical form early can also be in one's life lesson? Anything is possible...)

Not sure how I feel about this.
Old 15-02-2016, 07:41 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle11
I agree with everything Sparkles has said. I have a suspicion that at one point in a past life I did something I deemed so horrible I declared that I was unfit for existence and I immediately tried to kill myself with the intention to not exist. As a result I spent a period of time in a state of black nothingness with only my thoughts. It took some coaxing for my loved ones to get my attention and draw me into the light. I believe I have been spending many lifetimes trying to heal that decision I made about myself. You do bring the pain with you and I can say that it can be a bit confusing to come into a life with a lot of pain and not really know the context of why. To hate yourself so much and not have good reason is difficult to sort out but I am really happy I didn't bolt when every fiber of my being was telling me to get out because I am now freeing myself from some very dark misguided untrue ideas about myself that will liberate me for all eternity. But I could only do that by confront the pain square in the eye. I don't necessarily have proof of this except from some dreams and messages I believe are from spirit but I have a very strong suspicion this is the path I have been on for many lives and it has been a long road to recover. The suicide did not end the pain, it only prolonged it.

Like Sparkles said, pain is our teacher. Our brains are hardwired to want to survive so when the pain seems unending it can feel like the only solution is suicide but the pain is teaching us something and accepting that every life will have some is the key to conquering this world. The fact that a person is in pain is a clear indication that the soul is ready to release the dark limiting thoughts or it would not be in the forefront. Only when the student is ready will the lesson be presented so pain is actually a sign of a willing soul to take on change. It's not easy but having pain is actually a sign of strength. Looking at the pain is what will set one free.

If there is a physical illness then contemplating the area of the body and type of illness there is may give clues to where the trouble lies. Repressed feelings and beliefs manifest as physical pain. If it is emotional pain and duress then taking time to listen to the inner dialogue may give substantial clues to what in life is dragging the person to the point of wanting to opt out. There are therapists, books, soul searching, mindfulness and mediation can help a person get to the root of the beliefs causing them to want to self destruct and help change their mind about their life and themselves so that they can free themselves from manifesting the pain. It's a slow process but healing can occur.

Though I can't say for certain that that suicide isn't in someone's life plan I lean more towards the idea that there is a likely possibility it could happen given a certain set of circumstances in a person's life who may find it too difficult to hold on. It is one possible conclusion in any number of conclusions but it is never a given. A soul always hopes to find resolution in every life. Odds are a soul won't be able to tackle all their lessons in one life but I also strongly believe leaving will not give the person the answer they are looking for and will only prolong the suffering by it being carried over into the next life and all subsequent lives until it is resolved. A person is never judged by their soul or guides for committing the act of self destruction but the lessons will still be there to learn at some point. Our lives progress one to the next picking up in the next life where we left off in the last. So though suicide can seem like the best solution confrontation really is what in the end we all wind up doing once we have exhausted all other options.

There was a time I was certain I had to leave and I got a message from my higher saying that though it would be no sweat off their back if I left they wanted me to stay. I was never pressured about it only encouraged to keep holding on because by doing so I would eventually get answers and healing. I have been there at that place of really really needing to go but also having a knowing that it won't get me what I want. I really believed and wanted to not exist but I knew that wasn't possible and that suicide would not heal this so though I was beside myself frustrated to have to stay a part of me just kind of knew that the only way out was through the pain. I personally can attest to how excruciatingly hard it can be to be in that much emotional pain a person only sees suicide as a solution but reminding oneself that they are and can be brave is a great way to push through because in the end, once the pain is confronted once and for all we will see that it has all been rooted in lies we somehow took on as truth. And by confronting it we will at some point come to the realization we are free to change our minds about it freeing ourselves for all eternity.

Thank you so much for the thoughtful response, Michelle !!!

I admire your strength, courage, and determination to confront your pain.

This has given me a new perspective on the whole subject. Thank you so much !
Old 15-02-2016, 07:44 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
This 'someone' wouldn't happen to be you would it?

No, it's actually someone close to me who is considering suicide, and I am trying to convince him that it is not the right solution. However, I am unable to find convincing arguments against it, and so, have been unable to convince him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
Maybe it is settling of past karma? In which case you are clearing it, which is good.
With all due respect, if one has to suffer in a lifetime, because of past karma, that is bull$#!T. So, the person's only purpose in life is to stick around and "clear the past karma" ?

Thanks for your response !
Old 15-02-2016, 07:45 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
They die or survive in critical condition. Anything beyond that is beyond my understanding as i've yet to come back from the dead.

Fair enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
Their life, their choice. Though there is a really good chance you'll survive and end up suffering even more pain then you previously were suffering from. A person is more likely to fail suicide than achieve it.

I'm not the one considering this course of action, it is someone I know. I agree with you 100%.

Old 15-02-2016, 08:26 AM
Master
Quote:
No, it's actually someone close to me who is considering suicide, and I am trying to convince him that it is not the right solution. However, I am unable to find convincing arguments against it, and so, have been unable to convince him.

With all due respect, if one has to suffer in a lifetime, because of past karma, that is bull$#!T. So, the person's only purpose in life is to stick around and "clear the past karma" ?

It is possible to contact a 'helpline' and talk to people who are experienced in these matters. You can tell them you are concerned about a friend, and they may be able to offer you some options on how to best support them.