Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 10-01-2011, 08:59 PM
green

tarot cards and symbolism

there are tarot cards that are over crowded with symbols and references and others that are more simple and focus on the main figure.

do you find the over symbolic ones more helpful in understanding the meaning of the card, and does it help you more on your readings or you find it distracting and confusing?

for myself: i find myself attracted to the over crowded ones but i don't llike to use them for my readings, for my readings i love the more simple and direct ones, but for meditations and studying the cards the more over symbolic ones, i find more interesting...

Green:
Old 11-01-2011, 06:44 PM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by green
there are tarot cards that are over crowded with symbols and references and others that are more simple and focus on the main figure.

do you find the over symbolic ones more helpful in understanding the meaning of the card, and does it help you more on your readings or you find it distracting and confusing?

for myself: i find myself attracted to the over crowded ones but i don't llike to use them for my readings, for my readings i love the more simple and direct ones, but for meditations and studying the cards the more over symbolic ones, i find more interesting...

Green:

Greetings Green:

I prefer the Symbolism--but have (likewise) dedicated many years to memorizing the exact meanings and how those meanings are colored by the Houses in which they fall and the surrounding Cards.

My reasoning behind this is simple--there are days when I find myself fully attuned and plugged into the flow of the Reading--at times like this the meaning unfolds like a well-loved story. However--there are times when the flow and meaning elude my grasp--it is then that my knowledge of literal meanings, House positions, Suits, and Symbolism best serve.

Peace and Love on your path to Discovering the Mysteries...

Blessed be...
Old 11-01-2011, 07:05 PM
green

i know what you are talking about Terra.

G
Old 11-01-2011, 07:10 PM
tragblack

I prefer the Iching...
Old 11-01-2011, 07:33 PM
green

in what way tragblack if i may ask?

both are divination tools but nothing a like i feel.