Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 20-02-2014, 06:23 AM
Pathfinder
Bunny Logical Mind fights Spiritual Mind

Hi everyone :)

I'm excited to poke through this particular section of this forum to see what everyone has been discussing on this topic! I've been in a kind of spiritual hibernation for the past while and during that time I allowed my "logical" mind to get involved more in the science-based world. I love science and technology.. I also love proof. It was hard for me when I was in my 20's as I felt like I was being split between my spiritual mind - which wanted to just believe, trust, and be - and my logical mind - which wanted proof, facts, evidence.

Now that I'm coming out of my hibernation I find so many people either give up on science or they give up on spirituality. I think there must be a balance! I trust peer-reviewed scientific articles but I also trust in the unseen, spiritual world.

I'm not sure I have a question specifically here, I just wanted to say it's really great to see this topic in this forum and to see other spiritual people exploring the scientific side too. It's very refreshing.
Old 20-02-2014, 04:02 PM
Guide
It is not a "one or the other" thing, we all use some form of logic to build our understanding, even of spiritual matters.
To study such things without logic would lead you to delusion, seriously hindering your growth
Old 21-02-2014, 04:31 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by cydonia1978
Hi everyone :)

I'm excited to poke through this particular section of this forum to see what everyone has been discussing on this topic! I've been in a kind of spiritual hibernation for the past while and during that time I allowed my "logical" mind to get involved more in the science-based world. I love science and technology.. I also love proof. It was hard for me when I was in my 20's as I felt like I was being split between my spiritual mind - which wanted to just believe, trust, and be - and my logical mind - which wanted proof, facts, evidence.

Now that I'm coming out of my hibernation I find so many people either give up on science or they give up on spirituality. I think there must be a balance! I trust peer-reviewed scientific articles but I also trust in the unseen, spiritual world.

I'm not sure I have a question specifically here, I just wanted to say it's really great to see this topic in this forum and to see other spiritual people exploring the scientific side too. It's very refreshing.

Welcome to the forum! I think you will find many like minded people here, and yes it is refreshing isn't it? HAHA
Old 21-02-2014, 05:35 AM
livingkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawnrr
It is not a "one or the other" thing, we all use some form of logic to build our understanding, even of spiritual matters.
To study such things without logic would lead you to delusion, seriously hindering your growth

OMG! You're reading my mind again, Rawn!

Personally, there is no way I can do one or the other it has to be all for one & one for all ...
I have a brain (& body) that cannot be placed on a shelf while I try to be a celestial being ...
I do believe some people try to separate the mind & soul as well as the body ...
Problem is they are meant to function as one, not as parts ...
The hope is that at some point they will learn to work them as one ...

Have you read, "What the Bleep do we Know?" ...
I mention this b/c it has a movie which I prefer ...
The first viewing, my 11 & 13yr old kids, at the time, grasped the parts they watched but went brain dead after the water test ... :laughing:
It's long, but fun to watch ...

The sciences particularly anthropology, psychology & physics define spirituality for me as well as produce the results I'm looking for ...
Just the same, I support your beliefs ...
Old 21-02-2014, 05:57 AM
Pathfinder
Oh yes, I've watched the "What the Bleep Do We Know" movie! I love it, though it's been a while so I may need to re-watch sometime.

I love science and love hearing it theorized with the spiritual world. Lately I've been following a few too many skeptics on Facebook who are TOO skeptic for me.. if they don't have solid, repeatable, studies/tests/proof then it doesn't exist for them until it does. Boo! Too strict for me! I also love proof and studies, but I also trust my spiritual knowledge/experience. It's not proof for anyone but me, but it doesn't "not exist" just because there's no scientific test (yet) to prove it. :)
Old 21-02-2014, 06:21 AM
livingkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by cydonia1978
It's not proof for anyone but me, but it doesn't "not exist" just because there's no scientific test (yet) to prove it. :)

Ah, yes, but don't you think it best to trust your instincts than to convince yourself it is something that it is not?

What is quite interesting are the many ways we evolve over a life time ...
If you're read say Jung or Freid, you'll see marked differences in their work as they aged same as those who were highly analytical to the point of being imtolerable as well as reclusive ...
Some who did go w/the natural flow of change went on to publish fascinating work even challenging or expanding upon their previous work ...
It is quite evident a great many were exploring spirituality/God in their later years ...
Old 21-02-2014, 01:08 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingkarma
Ah, yes, but don't you think it best to trust your instincts than to convince yourself it is something that it is not?

What is quite interesting are the many ways we evolve over a life time ...
If you're read say Jung or Freid, you'll see marked differences in their work as they aged same as those who were highly analytical to the point of being imtolerable as well as reclusive ...
Some who did go w/the natural flow of change went on to publish fascinating work even challenging or expanding upon their previous work ...
It is quite evident a great many were exploring spirituality/God in their later years ...

I believe that's what cydonia meant. It was just worded funny.
Old 21-02-2014, 02:21 PM
livingkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy
I believe that's what cydonia meant. It was just worded funny.

My response to the discussion was to agree, to validate the PO's observations as well as his adversion to scientists who are single minded, adamant. steel trap ...
Is that okay?
I guess I should've highlighted the part of his reply I was responding to for ease of understanding by others ...
Old 21-02-2014, 02:30 PM
Ascender
It was your statement that made me say this.

Quote:

Cydonia had stated he/she was going to be trusting their own instincts more. As they were getting sick of over skepticism on their individual proofs.

Quote:
Lately I've been following a few too many skeptics on Facebook who are TOO skeptic for me.. if they don't have solid, repeatable, studies/tests/proof then it doesn't exist for them until it does. Boo! Too strict for me! I also love proof and studies, but I also trust my spiritual knowledge/experience. It's not proof for anyone but me, but it doesn't "not exist" just because there's no scientific test (yet) to prove it. :)

No offense meant.
Old 21-02-2014, 02:36 PM
livingkarma

No problem ...
The first sentence was merely a statement of agreement & validation ...
Exchange of ideas, thoughts, agreements are what I know of discussions to be about ...