Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 25-07-2017, 08:13 AM
Guide
Not connecting with deck

I've been on the look out for a new deck for a while and after much researching and reviewing, finally decided to get The Energy Oracle (Sandra Anne Taylor). The main thing that drew me to it was the beautiful artwork, really stunning.

I was really excited when it arrived. Went through the cards, shuffling, letting them attune to my energy etc.

My usual practice is to pick one card in the morning as my card for the day. However, after a few weeks, I just don't seem to be connecting with them as I have with other decks. It could be that they're just not for now. I've had this with another deck, Archangel Michael, which has been on my bookshelf for about five years, untouched, and then suddenly I was using them every day.

It's not a huge problem, I'm just curious as to whether anyone else has not connected to a particular deck.

Patrycia
Old 25-07-2017, 10:32 AM
Deactivated Account

Hi Patrycia. Yep, this happens sometimes for me. I probably did this more when I was new to buying oracles and tarot, but now I that I have practiced a great deal ( and went into collection mode) I have a greater sense of what is my liking; quirky, dark or whimsical. Even though I have a large collection, I usually have the same 2-3 decks around me. I think some decks lose steam with so much usage too. For example, my Fairy Vintage I used all last summer, and than I stopped, bought some new decks, and put the fairies away for a whole year. I took them out of the box again last week, and its love all over again

By the way, I remember being so intrigued with The Energy Oracle, seems like its a very popular marketed oracle, but I too feel there is something missing in the deck which is why I never bought it, seems maybe too commercial? Although, I hear people who have connected with it.
Old 25-07-2017, 12:00 PM
Guide
Thanks for the reply, Clover.

It's hard to identify what it is that I'm not connecting to. They're just not touching me at the moment. One of the things that I'm finding odd, is this is the first set of cards that have a reversed meaning.

I went back to the Archangel Michael deck this morning and as I was shuffling, the card that fell out was 'believe and trust' which is very accurate for what's going on at the moment. So I think that's a sign that Michael deck is the one to use at the moment, in combination with the Psychic Tarot which is my favourite deck.

Still, it's quite possible the Energy Oracle will be one that fits in the future. I often find I buy something, don't use it for months, years and then suddenly I'll start using every day.

Patrycia
Old 25-07-2017, 01:24 PM
Master

I searched and searched for the perfect deck for me and found it! It was Ciro Marchetti's Gilded Tarot Deck. Loved the artwork on each card.

But I just couldn't get into tarot. That was just me. I ended up giving my deck to someone who was drawn to it. I feel better for it and don't feel guilty anymore for not pursuing tarot. And this other person is really enjoying and using such a wonderful deck. That makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. All's well that ends well.
Old 25-07-2017, 01:59 PM
Seeker
Happens to me all the time. For one reason or another, sometimes even with decks I've loved before. I like to think that there's another deck that I have that is better suited for me or for the reading I'm looking to do. When I don't bond with a deck, I don't force it, that's the biggest thing. Once things stop being fun, you stop being open to connecting and learning. I do make an attempt though, try and cleanse it and see if that helps, try going through the cards and seeing why I liked them and what is putting me off. Perhaps you could pull a card and ask what you can do to get closer with your deck?
Old 25-07-2017, 04:08 PM
Administrator
Hello

I looked up the review for this deck. Its interesting in that is says as the messages can come from outside your own higher self. The issue some might have is that "let your intuition soar" as many learning to use decks have not made that connection to intuition.

There are times when we get a deck that called to us but when we get it to work with its not what we perceived it would be. At times you do have to look to what the creator of the deck created it to connect to. With this one it seems to be very vast in its connections. You might want to break it down into one aspect you want to try and connect with to get a message.

Opening to intuition takes time and more than just a deck to do so. I found that statement "let your intuition soar" a bit bold in EGO.

Lynn

"These easy-to-use cards will help you to understand what your consciousness is creating, as well as reveal any hidden blocks that may be delaying your progress. The information they bring will empower and inspire you,for it comes from heavenly messengers, friends from the spirit realm, and your own higher self. All that you need is available to you, so let your intuition soar."
Old 25-07-2017, 08:27 PM
55Degrees

I have the Energy Oracle and just cannot connect to it either.
I can't pinpoint what it is, but it leaves me looking at the image and thinking 'ugh!'
Nothing. Nada. Zilch.
It isn't the style of artwork as I have several decks by the same artist and find them so easy to read (plus the artwork is lovely). I just get no
Basically this just sits on a shelf gathering dust but I'm glad I'm not the only one.
Old 25-07-2017, 08:44 PM
Master
I've had a similar thing with the Enchanted Map cards by Colette Baron-Reid. Couldn't connect with them at all. Then suddenly a few weeks later I could and they resonated really well. I was relieved, cos that meant my intuition upon buying them had been right after all.
In the past I have bought decks more one a whim, when I was still reasonably new to oracle cards. Bought a few decks then that I didn't really resonate with and never ever did (Doreen Virtue decks). I sold those and after that I got more careful, followed my inner guidance more.
Old 25-07-2017, 08:52 PM
Master
The Energy Oracle cards are odd aren't they... I've seen ppl mention them on here and I came across them myself a while back. But somehow they don't do much for me either. As if they're just pretty pictures that you'd briefly glance at, then move on.
I went through a number of the cards online, but I didn't get any added value, no vibe, so I went for the other deck I was contemplating at the time.
Old 25-07-2017, 09:01 PM
Newbie ;)

I have only three decks, but it already happened with one. Angel Tarot cards. The deck is beautiful, yes. Doesn't make sense in a reading. I can't connect with it at all. Which is sad... I really love it... And I tried for a year to connect with it. Never happened... So yeah. I'm looking at it right now, but I don't use it anymore.

It's something that happens. Now you have to decide if you wish to keep it and then try to connect with it later (it may be something temporary. It may need a particular phase of your life or of your spiritual development) or if you don't want it.