Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 26-06-2016, 06:46 PM
Master
Indeed, and that's quite possibly the right word actually, because there's also a partnership, an agreement, a deed, as it were written and signed in blood, the blood of life... hehe, excuse the dramatics... that even whilst, okay, there are two sides and they are singular, that as much as anything is separated it's also connected.

So you feel the irritation the way you can, the way it is for you and how you let it come to rest and then next time you will be the irritant but within that passes along some of the way to let it come to rest. This somehow helps the continuum, spreads the load.

Other times it just passes right through... no effect but somehow too bounces right back at them and they eat it up, swallow it deeper... that’s good too, as some of the bounce takes in the passing right through... everything is acknowledged on some level, what needs to be done gets done.
Old 26-06-2016, 10:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
I remember when I first met my boyfriend. I was going through a rough period in my life and I used to drive him nuts. He would point out all the things about me that were pretty much irritating him. He was kind at first, but the longer you know someone, they will tell you what drives them nuts. Sometimes I would feel hurt but I always listened because I did not want to be irritating. I went deep to find out why I did the things I did and I didn't like them either so I was going to change them/fix myself pretty much. I've known him nearly 20 years...and WOW, it's like he has turned into what I used to be. I tell him he's mirroring all the things about me he didn't like (but has in himself) I think to myself wow, I knew I could get bad but how could I even stand myself then Hahaha. They've fallen off me but now I have to deal with it in him. lol...but I am not at all needy like I once was and I don't even understand why I was needy in the first place since I never was until I met him. Sometimes he seems upset that I don't need him. I love him but I don't need him....I like being on my own really.

Forgot to add that the good things about us that we both love about each other (and is the glue keeping us together)...is that the good things we love about each other, we both share.

Hi Sarian,

People I am most close with can at times be irritating and I can too. Sometimes it is you just know the person so well and he/she knows me that there are times when it is like "why are doing that?" And there is an openness to let them know and for them let me know.

But, the love is there and taken in stride. It passes. I feel being able to talk and be open helps a lot to understand where the jest or advice is coming from.
Old 26-06-2016, 10:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Interesting
Indeed, and that's quite possibly the right word actually, because there's also a partnership, an agreement, a deed, as it were written and signed in blood, the blood of life... hehe, excuse the dramatics... that even whilst, okay, there are two sides and they are singular, that as much as anything is separated it's also connected.

So you feel the irritation the way you can, the way it is for you and how you let it come to rest and then next time you will be the irritant but within that passes along some of the way to let it come to rest. This somehow helps the continuum, spreads the load.

Other times it just passes right through... no effect but somehow too bounces right back at them and they eat it up, swallow it deeper... that’s good too, as some of the bounce takes in the passing right through... everything is acknowledged on some level, what needs to be done gets done.

Hi Mr. Interesting,

It seems what comes around, goes around.

Also seems, that I may show more then I realize and someone may come along notice and bring it to my attention.
Depending how receptive I'm feeling or how it is brought to my attention, may or not feel a bit irritated. It may well be what is being sensed by another.

Yeah, does work itself out in the end.
Old 01-07-2016, 11:30 AM
Master
If I may, first a few terms from my eastern teachers.

Soul, is the energy that connects all beings in the universe. It's what we have inside us that facilitates consciousness through our mind, and what we return to when we die and our mind crumbles with our body.

Mind, is the tool we use to navigate life. It includes ego, or the "I" that we think we are. In the way of thinking "I am my memories", then we only have one life, because we only have mind for one life, even if our soul energy is reincarnated many times in similar forms with similar lessons.

So imagine that God, in his infinite power and awesomeness, can be all of creation, all of the world of form, but also the world of beyond. Not only that, he can be both of these things, having created form from his formlessness, and still be complete!

So in this way we are God, we are the infinite indeed. But our mind is a one use thing, we only have one life, one memory bank.

So unless you plan to totally disregard all worldly matters, it helps to have an understanding of mind, soul, you, you, I, you and I.

There is indeed a her, a him. A you, a me. We have unique memories, unique identities, for only one lifetime, and in this way we are like the end pieces of a chain. Yes we are part of the infinite chain, but we are in a place where time exists, and because time exists, form exists, and because time separates form, what was once infinite and formless, can now have form and location, can be separated throughout time. And yes, each of us is unique in each lifetime, each life is to be cherished as if it were our only one. But we are also meant to become soul energy and connect to oneness at some point when we transcend death and time. But hey, getting ahead of myself.

For now, the greater reality is you and they, him and her, will someday be oneness, which is why it's easy to see oneness in others now. BUT NOW, here, in the world of forms and time, you and her, him and her, are indeed different, unique, individual and beautiful souls. Treat it as so.

Also there are teachers who can help guide one to realizing who this person is, this him vs her, and eventually guide a person to oneness. There are many paths to self-realization, trying to evaporate the mind by thinking of oneness is one, and popular thanks to buddhism, but many people think it is the only way and by no means is it the only way. There are also active forms of self-realization, that seek to show a person who they are under the him, her, but first by showing them the him and her, then showing them how to alleviate it.
Old 02-07-2016, 02:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
If I may, first a few terms from my eastern teachers.

Soul, is the energy that connects all beings in the universe. It's what we have inside us that facilitates consciousness through our mind, and what we return to when we die and our mind crumbles with our body.

Mind, is the tool we use to navigate life. It includes ego, or the "I" that we think we are. In the way of thinking "I am my memories", then we only have one life, because we only have mind for one life, even if our soul energy is reincarnated many times in similar forms with similar lessons.

So imagine that God, in his infinite power and awesomeness, can be all of creation, all of the world of form, but also the world of beyond. Not only that, he can be both of these things, having created form from his formlessness, and still be complete!

So in this way we are God, we are the infinite indeed. But our mind is a one use thing, we only have one life, one memory bank.

So unless you plan to totally disregard all worldly matters, it helps to have an understanding of mind, soul, you, you, I, you and I.

There is indeed a her, a him. A you, a me. We have unique memories, unique identities, for only one lifetime, and in this way we are like the end pieces of a chain. Yes we are part of the infinite chain, but we are in a place where time exists, and because time exists, form exists, and because time separates form, what was once infinite and formless, can now have form and location, can be separated throughout time. And yes, each of us is unique in each lifetime, each life is to be cherished as if it were our only one. But we are also meant to become soul energy and connect to oneness at some point when we transcend death and time. But hey, getting ahead of myself.

For now, the greater reality is you and they, him and her, will someday be oneness, which is why it's easy to see oneness in others now. BUT NOW, here, in the world of forms and time, you and her, him and her, are indeed different, unique, individual and beautiful souls. Treat it as so.

Also there are teachers who can help guide one to realizing who this person is, this him vs her, and eventually guide a person to oneness. There are many paths to self-realization, trying to evaporate the mind by thinking of oneness is one, and popular thanks to buddhism, but many people think it is the only way and by no means is it the only way. There are also active forms of self-realization, that seek to show a person who they are under the him, her, but first by showing them the him and her, then showing them how to alleviate it.

Hi shivatar,

Thanks for sharing the teachings.

For me, notice more and how nature is connected. How one thing has its effect upon another.

We are of nature so notice we too have effect upon each other, as well as what we interact with.

Through this there is a sense of oneness with in the diversities.

I think at times it gets confused that oneness means there is no diversity. Suppose to the reasoning mind this may be so, but through noticing the connections a oneness is felt for me.

This does not deny the diversities or uniqueness, just see them of and within the oneness (if that makes sense). With in this can see my own reflection for I too am part of this wonderful play, as is everyone and everything else.

Well, sharing my take on it.
Old 02-07-2016, 10:32 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Hi Greenslade,

Yeah, does feel good when I stop banging my head.
Hi Moonglow,

It feels so good it's almost worth the banging.

Quote:
I don't know if I'm looking for anything in particular. At times try to understand things better or figure out what the next step is, but that's life ain't it?

To be yourself can be tricky at times in a society that seems to want one to step in line. Yet, there is a lot of creative folks out there adding new rhythms to the song and new steps to the dance.

It is interesting to notice this in myself. That when I stop pointing the finger and blaming things, that it is and has been me all along creating the scenario.
Not a negative thing to have this revealed, just a shift in the perspective and in a way empowering.
Exactly, the shift in perception and the empowerment. When you pare away the layers and get right to the heart of the onion it looks so different. We can't see ourselves without a reflection, we can't hear ourselves without an echo and we need others to echo and reflect for us.

Quote:
For the rhythm is life and the dance is however one may choose to express it.
Sometimes partners can show new steps, but it blends into ones own style.

To be Ok and open with that for myself and for others.
To be OK with it, beyond any concept of what should or could be. Just the Universe being what it is in the moment in its beautiful simplicity.
Old 02-07-2016, 10:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Hi Moonglow,

It feels so good it's almost worth the banging.

Exactly, the shift in perception and the empowerment. When you pare away the layers and get right to the heart of the onion it looks so different. We can't see ourselves without a reflection, we can't hear ourselves without an echo and we need others to echo and reflect for us.

To be OK with it, beyond any concept of what should or could be. Just the Universe being what it is in the moment in its beautiful simplicity.

Hi Greenslade,

Yeah, it can feel good to bang the head when the right tune is playing.
Getting the ya, yas out or just releasing the energy.

True, can take another to show the reflection(s) of the self. At times get caught up in my own stuff and then someone comes along and points something out I didn't think about or took notice of. Can be empowering and give a new perception.

To see the universe being what it is in the moment and if willing to see this in the universe, then why not give the self the same honor?

For are we not playing with in the "beautiful simplicity"?
Even if there may be a tendency to make it seem complicated.:smile Will say even this can be all right.

Sometimes the best songs can be complex, but I don't try and break ' em down, just lay back and let it take me away.
Old 02-07-2016, 10:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Hi shivatar,

Thanks for sharing the teachings.

For me, notice more and how nature is connected. How one thing has its effect upon another.

We are of nature so notice we too have effect upon each other, as well as what we interact with.

Through this there is a sense of oneness with in the diversities.

I think at times it gets confused that oneness means there is no diversity. Suppose to the reasoning mind this may be so, but through noticing the connections a oneness is felt for me.

This does not deny the diversities or uniqueness, just see them of and within the oneness (if that makes sense). With in this can see my own reflection for I too am part of this wonderful play, as is everyone and everything else.

Well, sharing my take on it.

Oneness transcends duality, there is diversity in duality and the world of forms, not in the beyond where only oneness and awareness are experienced independence of intellect and mind although through mind.

honestly I'm preaching to the choir, just saying what is going on, because it seems like you are in "it". so i'll be on my way. Enjoy.
Old 02-07-2016, 11:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
Oneness transcends duality, there is diversity in duality and the world of forms, not in the beyond where only oneness and awareness are experienced independence of intellect and mind although through mind.

honestly I'm preaching to the choir, just saying what is going on, because it seems like you are in "it". so i'll be on my way. Enjoy.

You are in "it" as well. So is everything else, IMO.
Enjoy. as well

At times find it interesting and fun to toss the ball around (so to speak)
Old 03-07-2016, 01:38 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

This is very interesting. It brings to mind many things that annoy me. And why do they annoy me? I don't even know! Usually it's things that my mom does. When she hums under her breath it makes irrationally annoyed, but why?
This is something that I'm glad that I saw! I will look into myself and see if there is something that I can find to reverse the annoyance. Thank you for the post, Moonglow!
MS