Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Ghosts & Hauntings

Old 26-08-2018, 01:45 AM
Newbie ;)

Yep I feel you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headintheclouds
I'm curious if anyone has experienced spirits coming and going in your house? Not a "haunting" so to speak, but maybe different spirits stopping in briefly and moving on? I know it sounds like a strange question, but I've often thought that's what I'm experiencing in my home.

It doesn't feel haunted (as if there is a resident spirit(s)). Once in awhile, I feel as if someone or something is standing next to my bed. It's quite overwhelming, I keep expecting to see something. Other times; Seeing tiny white lights out of the corner of my eye, seeing shadows with my peripheral vision, hearing very faint conversations, feeling as if something touched my shoulder or hair, knocking sounds coming from the pantry door, etc.

However, I do not feel as if my house is haunted. I am not frightened, just curious and sometimes startled. Does this make sense? I'm interested in others thoughts/experiences. Thank you

Hi there. I lived in a house for 12 years that consistently had different spirits passing through it. It didn’t feel haunted ( but I knew from a very early time living there that it had spirit activity) because they were always coming and going. It got to be very unpleasant at certain times. I couldn’t sleep because even through my eyelids I could see something hovering over my face. I could not even begin to write out all the different experiences I and others had there. The house was blessed over and over but it didn’t seem to make a difference. It was as if there was a pathway the dead traveled on that went right through my home. Every single person who came over or lived with us or even just stayed with us for any extended time experience paranormal events at that home. Like you I never was afraid. I never felt unsafe and rarely scared. In the end I’d gotten so used to it that seeing something floating was more fascinating then frightening. I just didn’t care anymore. My family just called my house haunted but it wasn’t it was just some sort of transitional space spirits seemed to pass through maybe hangout in a few days then leave.

It was impossible to nail it down as to what caused it because like I said it was always a different spirit or spirits. All the experiences everyone had were different as well. This house was one we purchased as land and built on so I know that no one died there. I did later find out that native Americans lived there a couple hundred years ago.(but in the USA where haven’t they lived before we inhabited this land) Honestly with my experience (I have a lot) that house was on some kind of road or perhaps a lay line for the dead and there was no protection barrier that could seal it up. It was the way it was and I believe that that particular home will always have spirits passing through it. Some places just aren’t meant for the living. Not many places but that place I can say was one of them. I’m hella glad to be out of that home.

Just wanted to add this edit I have NEVER lived in a place without spirits. It’s just not in the cards for me. Even as a younger child they were always around me. The home I lived in before this one was a complete dead zone ( meaning nothing spiritual was there at all it was awesome and amazing) but it only lasted for 3 months before my son and I started to see a man walking around down stairs. We moved and this house came with 4 spirits. Just can’t get away from them.
Old 26-08-2018, 09:13 AM
Deactivated Account
Maybe, because I sometimes feel like I'm not alone and being watched when my senses are calm and about to sleep. Don't know what's so great about it though, people are people wether they are invisible or not and I don't take kindly to strangers invading my personal space.
Old 03-09-2018, 04:45 PM
Administrator
Hello

I just had one leave via the open front door, they left and closed the door behind them. Closed as in fully closed pulled right shut. There is no air flow in the house right now that would do that.

We had a massive wind storm last night and it seems it has stirred up some energy as things are a bit buzzy around the house right now. Not an electrical storm but winds of change.

Its been a rotten Summer where I live and we are know for our Summer beach fun and activities but again this year forest fires and smoke has choked off the Sun. Now it seems we are heading for an early Fall start as the colours are in change. This seems to bring in more spirit activity. I wonder if its from the negativity of how people feel about the Summer we had and that its over before it started.

Lynn
Old 03-09-2018, 04:56 PM
Deactivated Account

Yes, it's very normal for spirits to come and go in a house.
Old 14-09-2018, 10:54 PM
Knower
First... I apologize for my delay in responding. I didn't know so many people had commented. Sorry about that! Thanks to everyone that shared their insights and experiences. I really appreciate it.

Like I mentioned previously, I don't feel that my house is haunted or that we have a resident spirit(s). A few mentioned being a sort of beacon to passing spirits which makes sense. When I experience activity, it feels playful (a light tug on my sweatshirt, seeing points of light, etc) not frightening. When I hear a muffled voice or conversation, it feels like it has nothing to do with me (maybe residual). When I sense a presence near me, it feels curious and sometimes unnerving depending on the situation.

I've also felt the presence of passed loved ones, which feels different from this.

Thanks again for the help!
Old 26-06-2019, 09:54 AM
Seeker

Yes. I think they're from outside, the parks, other people's houses- they follow people who live in the street around and they come and go. They just look at you and leave- or they've got a problem with you, ghosts come into my dreams or they'll annoy me and I can't fall asleep.

They can trap you in a scary dream so you're trying to wake up and get out of it but you can't. They can cause you to feel paralysed and you can't move/wake up. When you wake up it's cold. I think animals have some effect on ghosts, they clear entities which is why people feel comfortable sleeping with pets around.
Old 22-07-2019, 02:16 AM
Pathfinder

Yeah,i believe they can, my cat has sensed something ,back a few months ago, she started growling , i remember back 24yrs ago when my oldest son was a baby in his crib i saw looked like a black mass it entered a skylight in the bedroom me &my than hubby was asleep in the bed ,the crib was on the other side of the room i happen to wake up &see this black mass or shallow looking at my son in his crib i got up &looked at it it took off up threw the skylight widow , i grabbed my son &put him in me &my than hubbys bed. it did frighten me. of coarse. i told my hubby about it the next day &he kinda blew it off saying i must of been smoking some green but i wasn't i know what i saw.
Old 23-07-2019, 12:10 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rememberme
Hi there. I lived in a house for 12 years that consistently had different spirits passing through it. It didn’t feel haunted ( but I knew from a very early time living there that it had spirit activity) because they were always coming and going. It got to be very unpleasant at certain times. I couldn’t sleep because even through my eyelids I could see something hovering over my face. I could not even begin to write out all the different experiences I and others had there. The house was blessed over and over but it didn’t seem to make a difference. It was as if there was a pathway the dead traveled on that went right through my home. Every single person who came over or lived with us or even just stayed with us for any extended time experience paranormal events at that home. Like you I never was afraid. I never felt unsafe and rarely scared. In the end I’d gotten so used to it that seeing something floating was more fascinating then frightening. I just didn’t care anymore. My family just called my house haunted but it wasn’t it was just some sort of transitional space spirits seemed to pass through maybe hangout in a few days then leave.

It was impossible to nail it down as to what caused it because like I said it was always a different spirit or spirits. All the experiences everyone had were different as well. This house was one we purchased as land and built on so I know that no one died there. I did later find out that native Americans lived there a couple hundred years ago.(but in the USA where haven’t they lived before we inhabited this land) Honestly with my experience (I have a lot) that house was on some kind of road or perhaps a lay line for the dead and there was no protection barrier that could seal it up. It was the way it was and I believe that that particular home will always have spirits passing through it. Some places just aren’t meant for the living. Not many places but that place I can say was one of them. I’m hella glad to be out of that home.

Just wanted to add this edit I have NEVER lived in a place without spirits. It’s just not in the cards for me. Even as a younger child they were always around me. The home I lived in before this one was a complete dead zone ( meaning nothing spiritual was there at all it was awesome and amazing) but it only lasted for 3 months before my son and I started to see a man walking around down stairs. We moved and this house came with 4 spirits. Just can’t get away from them.

I can totally relate to everything you say. In my home now, there's always new spirits that pass through. Besides the few that were non-human, I only saw one face more than once. I don't know what it is, but lately they've been able to get my attention in other ways... like speaking, and smells, and I can even sense their energies when I'm fully awake. Sometimes they play with the lights and the fans. Like you, I've become so used to it, can't explain any of it, but just assume my home has a portal of some sort.
Old 24-08-2019, 07:57 AM
Strangerthanfiction

It may be a random spirit who visits you out of curiosity or because the spirit takes an interest in you or your family in some way. It could be that they just want to check everything's okay and that's why they're interested in visiting. It could also be a previous owner who just check by the house sometimes. Spirits who has crossed over can return but they don't necessarily return by going out from the other side but they can access the place of the living while still staying on the other side. It may be possible that the spirit leave the other side when visiting and this means they can easier interact with the physical world. I don't know if every spirit can just leave once they crossed over but it does happen.

It may also be residual energy left over from an individual known as energy memories. Its memories that spirits leave after they die but can also be left by the living.