Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 03:56 AM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by charly233
For me enlightenment is the same as being one with God or Christ or Satan or what-knot. Enlightened consciousness is just your same old ordinary everyday consciousness. Your ordinary, everyday consciousness is your God consciousness. There is nothing special about enlightenment. In a way enlightenment means realizing that there is no such thing as enlightenment. Enlightenment is unenlightenment. Unenlightenment is enlightenment.

I never had any special moment when all this became clear to me. There were no flashes of light or wonderful visions. It has just happened gradually over a period of several years. The process was set in motion by a healing experience I had with Jesus that partially cured my chronic depression.

One of the most important things about this realization is that it has led to a gradual reduction in the suffering in my life. I still suffer a certain amount of fear such as fear of hell fire and fear of criticism but this suffering is diminishing. I feel like there may be a kind of experience, still to come for me, when all suffering is completely done away with.

I am not sure what you would call this experience. I would not call it a "higher" enlightenment. I feel that my current enlightenment is as high as it gets and you can't improve upon it.

It is worth saying that I am only a beginner when it comes to divinity and enlightenment/non-enlightenment. I still have lot to learn. I am already there yet at the same time there is still a long way to go and I am just at the start of the journey.

I realize that some people will feel that what I have described is not enlightenment at all. This is fine by me. Love is more important than enlightenment and more important even than divinity IMHO.

Have you ever considered that these may be telepathic messages from Spirit--your guide or a loved one in spirit?
Old 02-07-2013, 04:01 AM
Master
Charly233:I realize that some people will feel that what I have described is not enlightenment at all. This is fine by me. Love is more important than enlightenment and more important even than divinity IMHO.

Hi Charly, Enlightenment is the realization that you are Love, that you are the Divine.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Thank you 7luminaries, yes when we have this beautiful experience it can last for quite awhile, but after awhile the fairy dust settles and we are back where we always was, and this is when the realzation really hits, you now realize that you were always there, that everyone is there, and life just continues on, but now we are walking three feet above the surface lol.

Hey there Robbie, LOL, yes that is all so true...that life just continues on, but also that there is always a place for some fairy dust.

I was just telling someone last week that I needed to go sprinkle some more fairy dust on my slippers , i.e., recharge
And that was just the ticket!

Love & light,
7L/Amanda

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 02-07-2013, 05:17 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita
Have you ever considered that these may be telepathic messages from Spirit--your guide or a loved one in spirit?

Never really considered this as a possibility. But interesting nevertheless.

I tend to feel that maybe Jesus is some kind of spirit guide for me.

Thanks.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:19 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Hi Charly, Enlightenment is the realization that you are Love, that you are the Divine.

Yes. Thanks Psychoslice.

Love is IT!!!
Old 04-12-2013, 10:07 AM
I loved this thread and Robert... it was so long ago I wanted to re read it.
Maybe you will, too.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 05-12-2013, 03:28 PM
Guide
What a fun and inspiring thread! Thanks for bumping it up. It looks so uplifting!
Closed Thread