Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling

Old 08-07-2018, 09:41 AM
Newbie ;)

Channelling songs...

Hello, looking for a bit of advice.

I write songs but I find it hard to finish them, mostly because of lyrics.
Music flows out of me easily and I've hundreds of ideas just sitting there. For the last several years I have deliberately stopped trying to come up with ideas because I just find it too frustrating having all these unfinished children, as I like to think of them.

I do feel the music, and parts of the lyrics are channelled, I mean they just come out of nowhere if I improvise. Of course, my own preferences for music and life influence the direction and style but I really do feel they are plucked from beyond me.

I've been desperately trying the last 5 years or so to find someone to collaborate with to help me with lyrics but to no avail, so I've decided that spirit wants me to finish the songs myself. Last night, I finally sat down with the guitar, admittingly I'd had a couple of glasses of wine, but I noticed how a lyric came to me, it just arrived with zero thought and was perfect for something I had been searching for. It's very much like finding the right piece for a puzzle.

So my question is: what would you suggest for me to do to improve my ability to channel lyrics? How can I get out of the way in terms of ego and keeping my mind clear? Bearing in mind I am playing the guitar when I write so it's not like I can meditate in silence, I kinda need to be actively playing and singing the song for the lyrics to come. Any ideas and suggestions appreciated :-)
Old 08-07-2018, 04:01 PM
Knower

My first thought is to learn how to change your focus. For instance, if I say think of the tip of your nose, you instantly focus on the to of your nose. Practice some meditations where you channel your focus into a different part of your body and practice "hanging out" there. Then start practicing that when you play... like bringing your focus into your palms and being aware of the subtle differences in your palm as your fingers play, or the exquisite joy your fingers have as they mold the music.

Then, when you feel yourself getting into your head, focus as you've practiced.
Old 09-07-2018, 09:46 PM
Newbie ;)

Thanks, Empowers - great suggestion, I'd never of thought of trying that, it's exactly what I need to try.
I was trying to observe where I am when a lyric does come to me and I guess I need to learn how to get out of the way and allow that to happen more. I will give your suggestion a go :-)
Old 09-07-2018, 10:32 PM
Master
My thought here, is to sit down and finish.

All of them. From what you describe the feeling for me is that you are getting towards where you want to end, and you are thinking "how do I end this"? Interrupted by thought. However, you are song writing- some thought must go into it- creative meditation is not "Sitting in silence" getting that out of your head may help. It is meditating for the means of bringing new ideas.

Finish those children.

I write poetry- I stopped for quite a long time.

When you are faced with how do I end this, perhaps invite that which you are channeling to bring the ending to you. That is how I have been able to channel write poetry. Open to letting someone else take over- and offer me their perspective.

Honestly, I feel you are doing fine as you are. You are trying. My suggestion is simply to look back periodically over your unfinished children, and ask yourself well has anything changed now? Can I find the ending now? Chances are your personal feelings may have changed from the time they were written, and you may be able to find some of those endings.

In the end do as you are. You were able to finish one, so no, you are not incapable of it.

Key here is relax. It'll come when it does, as channeling naturally is.
Old 23-09-2018, 02:32 AM
Ascender
I sat down and channeled a minuet just like that on a piano once. I have it memorized noe. I really believe I have some energy from classical composers like Mozart and Beethoven in my current life's energy.