Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Energy Work

Old 16-01-2012, 02:10 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl
Let see if I can answer this and I hope it makes sense. I move in what is known a 'bird medicine', my rituals and practices are always done with my power animals and they are both birds. I use a feather prayer stick/wand when doing my rituals, feathers are representative of the air element. Using candles also brings into the rituals the need for air to have a flame and to carry the intentions. I also use windchimes as they carry healing sound as needed for certain things. Blue calcite when handled for me releases like a breeze to my spirit and clears the way for my intentions. Other abilities I work with require the element air to be able to do them properly.

Hm. I too am using a feather as a wand at times; I have collected a few from the ground. And my Cherokee name is White Owl. And I love blue crystals (although that could be a water reference too right?) and blowing instruments. Perhaps my thought that air is my first element could be correct. What is bird medicine?
Old 16-01-2012, 08:39 PM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWarrior
Hm. I too am using a feather as a wand at times; I have collected a few from the ground. And my Cherokee name is White Owl. And I love blue crystals (although that could be a water reference too right?) and blowing instruments. Perhaps my thought that air is my first element could be correct. What is bird medicine?

Bird medicine is working with bird guides and learning how they connect with you. I found on the process of my journey I came to recognize my connection to birds and there connection to the air element and how much of what I move in is tied to these things. Many times if you know what giftings or abilities you have, you will find as you begin to understand them better and how they work through you they will often be stronger or become intensified when you couple them with the element they are connected with. At least this is how it has unfolded for me.

Also if you know your power animals and you study about them you will find they are connected to an element as well.
Old 16-01-2012, 10:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintessence
Reality is quintessential.

It's important to remember that the idea behind the Four Elements was to explain what the underlying substance (or substances) is/are behind all things in reality. but that all things in reality have all four of the Elements within them.

Thanks, Quint--Someone had to say it. We are all of them. Maybe we have a need of one or another to balance us at particular times.

It does seem like a game--just like astrology.

IsleWalker - Lora
Old 16-01-2012, 10:28 PM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
Thanks, Quint--Someone had to say it. We are all of them. Maybe we have a need of one or another to balance us at particular times.

It does seem like a game--just like astrology.

IsleWalker - Lora

I can understand what you both are expressing but this isn't just about the element, it is about connections. Thanks for sharing your view.
Old 16-01-2012, 10:48 PM
Master

I have not positively identified my power or totem animals yet either, but that will have to be for another thread.
Old 17-01-2012, 05:14 PM
Administrator
Hello

Maybe work with all of them. I do not go to just the one in the work that I do I find a balance in all of them. Like I see all of us as "ONE" too I see the Elememts all as "one" in the balance that can be found.

Way back when I was 16 I learned to use them in this way and have ever since. I like to think that I am a balanced person....

Using the Four Elementsin Balance

AIR

Take a deepbreath into your heart, and let it out. As ye breathe in, take a moment to think on the mystery of the Airaround us. We live in a World of many ananimal and we all need in that Air to live. We to also live in a World of plants that take in the carbon dioxide weexhale. They too take in like us theenergy of the Sun. The plants give offoxygen so we can eat them. Breathing in and out in the life cycle that is ourvery breath.

FIRE

Take the timeto watch the flame of a candle. See howit is fed by wick that gives it life. See how the wax melts away and turns from solid to liquid and to solidagain. See how the combinations of gas,liquid and solid combine as one. See thepure energy in the fire. The ash from itthat feeds our very soil. Too the Sun bea ball of fire that gives the Earth the life we have. Embrace the power in the flame but toorespect that power.

WATER

Water is that ofthe moods and emotions. Water can be buta single drop of rain that falls or a massive wave that destroys. It can nourish and it can destroy. We do our best to contain it and use it butwe are not its master. Take the time tosee in one’s mind the moods that be water. The rain on a window, the waves of the ocean, the stillness of a creek,or the rage of a river and of a giant wave. Let it flow fast and slow and slow and fast, see how that feels. Many times one will find memories that stirthe feelings. Take in the understandingsfound in those feelings.

EARTH

Take a walk inthe forest. See the trees beforeone. Feel their trunks as ye and feelthe roots at one’s feet. Feel thebranches that reach to the Light. Smellthe nature around one see the new life all around ye. Let ye become the tree feel the power beinggrounded to the Earth. Feel the soilaround ye and the wind in ye. Feel thewarmth of the Sun. Feel the power thatbe Mother Earth. Play in this place andgrow in this place.

Feel thesecurity of all that is around one in nature. Take in with all the senses the feel of nature. See the animals around one.

Old 17-01-2012, 05:56 PM
nightowl

Absolutely balance is very important. Working with the elements is pretty much like any other spiritual aspect. Some people work with them some don't, some have a stronger connection to one, some don't. They are all connected and I use them all, bur I just happen to know that I move most effectively in the air element. When one works with their abilities do they not work in the area they move best in? It is pretty much the same thing. As I touched on earlier and as others have shared maybe you are meant to use them all...go with what feels right to you and how you feel it fits with what you do.
Old 17-01-2012, 06:55 PM
sesheta

Well, I am a Sagittarius- fire sign, and I have found that this is definitely the element I connect most with. I love heat, and flames - bonfires, candles...(yes, I've been called a fire-bug many times!)
However, I also connect strongly with earth...I love walking in the woods, sinking my hands in dirt, putting my hands on a grand, old tree and feeling its life-force.
I definitely do NOT connect with water at all - I have always had a fear of water for as long as I can remember...
The air element doesn't do much for me, either....
Old 17-01-2012, 07:57 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by sesheta
Well, I am a Sagittarius- fire sign, and I have found that this is definitely the element I connect most with. I love heat, and flames - bonfires, candles...(yes, I've been called a fire-bug many times!)
However, I also connect strongly with earth...I love walking in the woods, sinking my hands in dirt, putting my hands on a grand, old tree and feeling its life-force.
I definitely do NOT connect with water at all - I have always had a fear of water for as long as I can remember...
The air element doesn't do much for me, either....

You and I both have a fear of water. I've connected to a few Sagittarius men in my lifetime, but ended up marrying an Aquarius. My sign (as a Gemini) is air, and I read that Aquarius is air as well. But like you, I feel strongly connected with the earth as well.
Old 19-01-2012, 09:03 PM
Snoozefish

My sign says fire too, and whilst i thought I was earth, fire seems to be more me. I'm trying to think of a way to say that I suit fire without sounding like a pyromaniac :)