Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 04-10-2018, 07:41 AM
Pathfinder

past life names

I know it isn't as important as the lessons to be learned in each lifetime, but any tips and tricks on remembering your names from other lifetimes without sparking the ego and conscious mind? I've tried in meditation/self-regression, but I get a lot of random names all at once and many of them have been triggered from what I read earlier in the day, such as a name in a magazine, on a truck, tv, etc.

I'm just curious because something is telling me that I will find historic records on at least one, but probably more. It would be fun and validating.
Old 04-10-2018, 06:39 PM
Master

That's probably because your trance wasn't deep enough. It might also be because your questions aren't short and clear enough, and your attitude isn't passive enough.

I don't want to discourage you from searching through your past lives, but ultimately they're just that: lives that passed, gone. The only thing you might draw from one of them is an explanation of why there are some situations in your current life, the karmic balancing of some past thought forms.

More importantly, as you mentioned, is to learn what is your current life's lesson, and why do people incarnate. Better, try to find out those answers.

By the way, it is better to learn those answers all by yourself than adopting others' beliefs. You can't rely on reasoning, and your intuition isn't developed enough to rely on it either.
Old 05-11-2018, 12:19 AM
Knower

My Last Life Memory

From my earliest childhood I have believed that I was German and served in the German armed forces in my previous existence in the Hitler period.

This memory was so overwhelmingly strong that eventually in desperation I decided to consult a hypnotist. In those days (1960's) regression to the past life by hypnosis was very much in vogue.

The hypnotist regretted he had no experience in regression and was not prepared to experiment with me, particularly since he had no assistant. However, he did hypnotize me in order to implant the suggestion that I would recall my past life in a dream.

A few weeks later I had a vivid dream. I was in Dresden at a crossroads in the city centre directing military traffic. It was wartime. I was wearing what appeared to be a German Army or SS uniform. It was a hot day, and I removed the cap I was wearing and studied it closely.

The cap had a cord of green and white twist above the peak, and a black ribbon with the word "Executioner".

I set out to try and identify the Army or SS unit. I consulted libraries, the War Museum and even asked several authors who were well versed in the Wehrmacht. When it appeared fairly certain that this branch of the German armed forces never existed I abandoned the search. In any case I did not like the implications of the word "Executioner" which might have given rise to a memory I could not live with in this life.

Forty-five years passed. I was watching a TV film about the life of the writer Thomas Mann. When he was fleeing Nazi Germany just prior to the outbreak of war he had to pass through the Customs and Frontier Police post - and there was the Wehrmacht-type uniform with the strange cap.

Things now fell into place. The Headquarters of the German Customs and Frontier Police was at Dresden. I found an old photo of the city centre and identified the very spot where I had been directing traffic outside the HQ building. The current organisation had just created its own website. This website lists all its former members who fell during the Second World War when they replaced occupation troops who had gone to fight in Russia.

I was conceived in May 1943 and so if I had been one of the fallen, the death would have had to occur before that date. There were only 160 names to look through. One name immediately drew my attention. In June 1942 an auxiliary Maximilian Henker was killed on active servcice by French partisans at Lourdes. This name Henker is German for "Executioner". Not many Germans have this surname because they find any means possible to change it. How would you like to have this surname and have everybody greet you with: "Good morning Mr Executioner!"

I am satisfied that I was this person. Unfortunately the Office for the Wehrmacht Fallen do not allow persons to see a file unless they can prove family membership.

Incidentally, my sister who is very interested in our family history carried out an Historic-DNA trace linked to a search of declassified official documents in England going back as far as 1811. She was able to trace the maternal line to our great-grandfather from Mecklenburg who came to England in 1840 temporarily and stayed for about thirty years. And so from nothing I find I have at least 25% German blood and the unconnected reincarnation scenario. Not knowing this in my childhood and youth, no wonder I had this strong sensation of belonging elsewhere and not being very English!
Old 05-11-2018, 03:15 AM
Administrator
I Know at least two of my past life names.i have always known them.but mine was an inner knowing.

Namaste
Old 05-11-2018, 10:30 PM
Deactivated Account
I rarely ever remember my name, I sometimes remember a nickname instead. Marcus, but my birth name was Malachias or something. Orlando, because I loved the Song of Roland? Marie. Andrew. And maybe Evelyn. Guilliaume.
"Because when you are not happy, it will be raining still."
------------------------------------------------------
No matter who you are, no matter your gender, color of skin, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, music taste or what ever, I fail to see any difference here.
Old 07-11-2018, 03:36 AM
Master
The past life I remembered under clinical past life regression hypnosis and the visions that opened up afterwards is just too similar to the family history story about one of our forefathers - to be altogether a coincidence. (Though I learned about this family story for the first time a few years after my regression. Our family had gone silent about it – ‘racial purity’ and all those fears of their time, as my Gran clearly wasn’t ‘white’).

So the surname is easy enough – it is/was my Grandmother’s maiden name.
But this wasn’t our forefather’s real surname, because when this stranger from the Far North East who didn’t speak our language came and people asked him who he is – he kept repeating one name which people couldn’t pronounce nor spell, so they made up a surname for him that sounded somewhat similar to what he had said.

But there is a place name that sounds similar – not too far from Russkoye-Ustye Pomor settlement:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russkoye_Ustye

Besides, with absentee father - when my mother died of a liver disease (?) as she, this native woman was just way too yellow looking (seen in the ‘tipi’ of my hypnotic scene) plus when I later found myself lost in a snowstorm where a Samoyed dog found me and from there I was taken to a ‘pioneer settlement’, a rough log house by the river or lake - it resembled a Russkoye-Ustye type of Russian settlement (– so could that be the truth?).
I however remember being afraid of that river or lake – because at the bottom of it was ‘lower world and the realm of the dead’. (I learned much of my mythology from my mother).

Here the father was rather absentee as well, and the ‘white woman’ wasn’t too happy about the extra mouth to feed (and was perhaps also angry about her husband’s illegitimate son with the native (?).

I however made a strong emotional bond with one of their sons and got curious about where Pomors (?) had come from and when old enough decided to trek all the way to the “Pomor land”, (I had hunting skills), but landed a bit South West of them – married and stayed.

It was my (past life) dying wish though to remember my native origins – which it seems I have, in this life tried to piece together.

But those ‘distant’ Ancestors have been around myself and my Grandmother in Spirit, as I saw them when I was 3-4 years old. And my DNA does validate a Yakut/Evenk ancestor. So there is at least some truth about it.

Last edited by sentient : 07-11-2018 at 04:43 AM.
Old 09-11-2018, 11:59 AM
Master
at least 2 significant past lives wich are very important and connected to this life today. One of them i was Elizabeth and the other one Anna Maria.
I feel we discover certain past lives who are important to this life to have consciousness of our Karma in this particular lifetime to make sure we donĀ“t make the same mistakes. I certaint learned a lot.

It is a blessing to know who we were, but still is in the past.
Old 10-11-2018, 11:43 AM
Seeker
I remember a few from vague memories of past lives.
Walter was a poet, Marie was a Voodoo magician, and John was a French Christian monk in the 1600's.
Old 13-11-2018, 10:38 AM
Knower
When I was a pilot in WWII my name was Robert. That is all I know. I don't have memories of my past life names. I did read in a history book of my name in one past life because at that time and place I was well known in some circles. A military leader and sort of a governor of a remote area of China. Important at the time. I could not pronounce my name when I saw it but it was me.

PastPilot