Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 26-06-2018, 01:47 AM
Knower
New to Affirmations Guidance please

Hello! I have never tried affirmations before and I would like to. I have a severe problem with putting myself down. I have low confidence and low will power. My health is suffering and every time I start going to the gym and eating right, it lasts about a week then im back to my old habits.

I really need to change my thinking. Like 180 degrees.

I was thinking something like this

"I think positive thoughts about myself and others"
"I'm addicted to exercise and healthy eating"
"My aura is vibrant and healthy"

A friend of mine suggested getting a clear quartz mala and saying one affirmation per stone (theres 120) so the energy really builds

Any suggestions?
Old 26-06-2018, 02:51 AM
Master

Look up Neville Goddard. Browse some of his writings, and lectures, i.e. "How to Manifest Your Desires", "Feeling is the Secret".

Affirmations' effectiveness isn't a matter of energy, but of opening a communication path to your subconscious / unconscious / inner- higher-self, which is the one that creates your reality.

Also check Maxwell Maltz' "Psycho-Cybernetics".

Good luck!
Old 26-06-2018, 03:24 AM
Experiencer

I'd say you need to work on building a self-love foundation; loving yourself. Spend some time in Nature, or somewhere scenic.

Affirmations that you can try to use;

"I am growing and learning each day."
"I am enough."
"I am worthy of love and happiness."
"I have the strength to rise in the face of adversity."
Old 26-06-2018, 12:31 PM
Lorelyen

Though a few New-Agers will disagree with me the basics are fairly simple. You could get all the guidance you need on a single sheet of paper.

The idea is to drill what you want to do or become into your "subconscious" so it starts to change your behaviour/approach usually in subtle ways over a period of time.

Affirmations have to be repeated very frequently through the day for that reason. No matter what books and youtubes claim, they won't work if you utter them just once when you first wake up or go to bed at night.

Here are some hints:
- keep an affirmation practical
- avoid reference to the present and particularly the past. Your subconscious doesn't need to know where you're coming from, only what you want to do. ("I'm moving on from lacking confidence" is no use compared with "I'm becoming more self-confident every day."
- don't expect magic. Unless you're gifted or very lucky, they won't work overnight. They may take months / years but you will notice changes.
- Keep them as succinct and focused as possible.
- Don't join up more than one affirmation in the same sentence. If you want to affirm more than one change at a time, treat them and repeat them as separate sentences spaced apart in time.
- declare them to yourself aloud (in front of a mirror is a good idea) or silently as if you are speaking the words, like, I mean, imagine you're saying them out loud word by word.
- affirm with passion.
- don't worry about doubts. The whole idea is the repetition and persistence will override doubts.
- if you're good with visualisation, set aside some quiet moments in the day to supplement the affirmation.

(I've had to affirm a few things in my time especially when I went freelance in a market that isn't always reliable. Still do at times and they seem to have got me through.)
It's the old, well-know saying. "I can't" gets you nothing, "I can" works wonders, "I will" works miracles.

I know and I'll bet you do too, a few pretty successful business people who "affirm naturally". They develop a single-mindedness focused on their objectives which are already embedded in their drives, their subconscious minds. We have to simulate them when we perceive changes to assure or better our lot.

Old 26-06-2018, 01:55 PM
Angel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Look up Neville Goddard. Browse some of his writings, and lectures, i.e. "How to Manifest Your Desires", "Feeling is the Secret".
Oh my gosh, YES!

Pick these to take to a deserted island with you!

Don't browse....devour them....digest them...practice them every minute! LOL!
Make them your Bible.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 26-06-2018, 01:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtesyofmind
Hello! I have never tried affirmations before and I would like to. I have a severe problem with putting myself down. I have low confidence and low will power. My health is suffering and every time I start going to the gym and eating right, it lasts about a week then im back to my old habits.

Hi,

Affirmations are a form on NLP. What we say and what we think have a hypnotic effect on our subconscious. That is because the words and thoughts we have are powerful energetic forces in our life.

Become mindful of your thinking. I say these things to you knowing that all of us are guilty of this to one extent or another.

"I have a serious problem ... etc"
"I have low confidence ... etc"
"My health is suffereing ..."

Then reframe those thoughts with some thing like.

"I am evolving an issue with"
"I am becoming confident when"
"I am creating better health by"

These are affirmations and energetic messages to your self and the universe. They are powerful beyond comprehension.

When change your habits of thinking and what you speak about. it will change your life.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 27-06-2018, 06:45 AM
Lorelyen

John, I'd disagree about putting any conditions or time limit to affirmations
simply because if the time limit elapses (or the condition isn't met) and the result doesn't occur the affirmer is beset by disappointment and may give up; which could result in the affirmer's situation being reinforced. "It hasn't worked, I can't change things" kind of thing.

Some books have suggested setting time limits but if you think about it, it's daft. If there's a time limit to what the affirmer wants, fine, affirm but cut the time limit out of the affirmation because it introduces "what if it doesn't happen by then" tensions.

People have tried to elaborate on what affirmations are (you should see some of the plain dross on youtube!) and in complicating them have made them ineffective. There's nothing wrong with feel-good tactics but that doesn't make them action-packed drivers of change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtesyofmind
............I have a severe problem with putting myself down. I have low confidence and low will power. My health is suffering and every time I start going to the gym and eating right, it lasts about a week then im back to my old habits.

Well, affirmations may help but to you really need them?

Quote:
I was thinking something like this

"I think positive thoughts about myself and others"
You can do this anyway by looking for a positive side (which there is) to almost everything. "Ughh, I don't want to do this chore..... but I get exercise out of it and I get it done." "I feel rotten this morning, don't want to go to work....but I haven't opened my arms to the sun yet and told it I'll deliberately look for good things about today."
Quote:
"I'm addicted to exercise and healthy eating"
This may respond to affirmation about liking exercise more every day, eating better every day. But straight discipline can help here. Every time you think "Do a run? Sod it!" Tell yourself "I must if I'm going to have any Will at all!"
Quote:
"My aura is vibrant and healthy"
That's the tail trying to wag the dog. Your natural aura is a result of you. You can create auras which will change your demeanour and attract certain energies into your life (that's another technique for various things like sending bolts of love to others) but you don't need affirmations for that.

Quote:
A friend of mine suggested getting a clear quartz mala and saying one affirmation per stone (theres 120) so the energy really builds
Any idea of "one affirmation a day!" or I'll do this for a week, don't bother. You're wasting your time unless the affirmation is very small and simple. If you like this idea, however, it could reinforce your positive thoughts, build optimism.

Old 27-06-2018, 12:06 PM
Knower

My advice would be to make sure what you are affirming is something that you can believe. While you might be able to force a grand belief over time, it is much easier and more effective to just change your wording to something that doesn't make you have a struggle subconsciously. For instance, instead of "I am happy" when you are not, say "I am happier" which isn't an absolute statement and can be true and forward-moving all at the same time.
Old 27-06-2018, 05:03 PM
Knower
Thank you all for the input, It has given me a variety of things to consider!
Old 28-06-2018, 02:35 AM
Experiencer

Hope you find way(s) and affirmations that work for you.