Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 22-01-2015, 12:53 PM
Argento

Not sure why you're still trying to debate me Vince.

You have rendered my position invalid, haha! Yeah, you really showed me.

I believe that these concepts are harming this community by copying the spiritual teachers and wanting to be like them.

My words are quite nice if you ever finally understand one of my posts.

Maybe then you will stop being rude.

Spiritual conditioning has destroyed this community and the people's individuality. They all look the same, speak the same words, get butthurt when you don't agree.

The worst thing BY FAR!! is that spiritual people believe they are higher up than everyone else. They think they have something others don't, and the rest are unevolved in comparison.

How egotistical to believe you are more evolved than others in any way
Old 22-01-2015, 04:31 PM
Guide
Thinking about what we mediate for and how we should meditate is the opposite of meditation, in my belief. 100% inward focus is all that is required
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown
The dream is gone
I have become comfortably numb.". - Pink Floyd

You'll find me here, in the back seat, just taking it all in
Old 22-01-2015, 04:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argento
Not sure why you're still trying to debate me Vince.

I'm not. As I said, I'm simply trying to provide the best information and most beneficial perspectives to the community to the best of my ability. But I am encouraging you to back up your statements so that we all may have a better idea of where you are coming from, as not a lot of it seems very logical, and I want you to correct me if you believe I am wrong about anything so that I may gain a better perspective of your view.

Quote:
My words are quite nice if you ever finally understand one of my posts.

I understand your posts just fine. They don't exactly express the deepest conceptualizations I have come across, but I do see how they could be misunderstood.

If you can explain exactly how I am misunderstanding you, that would be helpful. What have I said that expresses a misunderstanding?

Quote:
Maybe then you will stop being rude.

You may be confusing my directness for rudeness. Nothing I have said comes from a motivation to hurt you in any way, but rather simply to clarify our discussion and the views being expressed. I actually specifically expressed my wish for you to find happiness, and that was sincere.

Quote:
Spiritual conditioning has destroyed this community and the people's individuality. They all look the same, speak the same words, get butthurt when you don't agree.

Your ideas aren't all that original either. They are nothing new to me anyway. There are some ideas within the realm of the Spiritual belief system that may potentially be harmful, but I believe you have chosen the wrong one here, as I have made clear throughout my replies on this thread.

Quote:
How egotistical to believe you are more evolved than others in any way

Let's flip this accusation around real quick. You boast about you ten years of meditation experience and that you have come to some grand realization that meditation practice is futile. You are essentially saying that you have a level of understanding that others lack, that your views are valid and everyone else practicing meditation is just wasting their time. The fact that you conveniently fail to address crucial points raised that essentially invalidate your claims only shows an unwillingness to question your own ego.

If you can point out anything I have said that would indicate that I believe I am more evolved than others, please share. I have simply expressed my perspective regarding the relationship between meditation and the mind, and how the perspectives you have shared may be misleading. It is true that some understandings can be viewed as more "evolved" than others, in that they are closer to the truth and come from clearer perceptions and higher degrees of wisdom when compared to others, but this is not necessarily a judgement coming from a feeling of superiority, it is simply the way things are. However, I have never made this claim of having a more "evolved" understanding. I have simply shared what my understandings are in comparison to yours. It is up to the individual to determine what they believe is true, to test out these ideas and gain the experience and wisdom to make the best choice for themselves.

Take care
Old 22-01-2015, 06:53 PM
Master
What am I meditating for?

I don't really know, as in a future achieved thing or state, and it doesn't really matter does it?

I know I started a very long time ago with a simple set of idea that my Dad gave me. Funnily enough it seems now that my Dad ended up with a awakening but this was way back and he had no other way obvious to him to address what was happening to him so went to the doctors and got prescribed anti depressants.

Meanwhile I had it pretty hard during my twenties but still kept up what served me as meditation and if we go forward through the decades I might have very well had an awakening but it'd be the slowest one ever.

And somehow it's come about that I never intended any kind of awakening but I always found connections to the unseen very intriguing and that was always combined with a way forward as I saw it.

Eventually the discovery of the unseen took precedence and the way forward materially just kinda dropped away.

Now I meditate because I like it.
Old 22-01-2015, 07:19 PM
Argento

Vince,
you don't understand me. If you did, you would realise that I'm saying exactly the same thing as you

I might be misinterpreting your directness.

Sure seems passive aggressive.
I like passive.
I like aggressive.
Passive aggressive is no less aggressive, but just hidden under a thin lie of politeness.

I have definitely not come to any grand realisations. My 10 years of meditation mean Jack.

I am here now, that is all.
Old 22-01-2015, 07:24 PM
Argento

That's why I do it too Mr. Interesting. It feels nice and keeps me calm and able to take on anything.
Old 23-01-2015, 01:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Back Seat
Thinking about what we mediate for and how we should meditate is the opposite of meditation, in my belief. 100% inward focus is all that is required

I think if a person feels as though meditation is something that they need in their life then self inquiring into why they need it is good.