Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 16-09-2014, 08:15 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

I hear hell when meditating

Whenever I relax my mind enough by meditating I ask where I'll go when I die I the hear the word hell or see images and then feel terrified no matter what I do this still happens what's wrong with me
Old 16-09-2014, 08:28 PM
Kamila

it could be ur subconscious mind or fears surfacing ...hell is not an actual place is a state of mind imo...wen ur scared u attract things of lowers vibration ...tbh there is no 1 sure ans there are many options for this...ex. I was raised Catholic all my life and conditioned to believe that I will go to hell if I didn't obey..try using rose quartz crystal while meditating it helps me ...it will fill you with love and raise ur frequency. ..good luck :)
Old 16-09-2014, 08:30 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret
it could be ur subconscious mind or fears surfacing ...hell is not an actual place is a state of mind imo...wen ur scared u attract things of lowers vibration ...tbh there is no 1 sure ans there are many options for this...ex. I was raised Catholic all my life and conditioned to believe that I will go to hell if I didn't obey..try using rose quartz crystal while meditating it helps me ...it will fill you with love and raise ur frequency. ..good luck :)

Damnation scares me more them anything
Old 16-09-2014, 09:16 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Anyone else
Old 16-09-2014, 09:25 PM
Badger1777

What Secret said above.

It always baffles me when people meditate then come on here to ask how they can meditate without experiencing a thing they don't want to experience. The answer is, don't meditate.

Meditation isn't magic. It is just about unlocking your mind. If you have a room in your house that is horrendously untidy and contains things you don't want, you have two choices. You can either lock the door to that room and never go in there, or you can open that door and deal with whatever you see, and sort it bit by bit until it is how you want it.

Sometimes when I have things eating away at me, I meditate as a means of 1) figuring out what it is and 2) Confronting it and dealing with it. During meditation we attach experiences and objects to otherwise intangible phantoms. You can't can't fight something you can't see or feel or touch, so meditation gives things form. You fear hell and damnation. That's quite intangible, but when you meditate, you give it form. Once it has form you can see, hear and feel it. You can then go and look at it and learn about it, "know your enemy", and find its weakness, safe in the knowledge that at any point, you can come straight back out of their just by moving any part of your physical body. So you can go in and out as many times as you need, observing and learning, until you are ready to start dismantling that hostile notion.

Or, as I said earlier, you could simply not meditate. Leave it locked up inside, where the idea will still eat away at you, except you'll have less control.
Old 16-09-2014, 10:42 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger1777
What Secret said above.

It always baffles me when people meditate then come on here to ask how they can meditate without experiencing a thing they don't want to experience. The answer is, don't meditate.

Meditation isn't magic. It is just about unlocking your mind. If you have a room in your house that is horrendously untidy and contains things you don't want, you have two choices. You can either lock the door to that room and never go in there, or you can open that door and deal with whatever you see, and sort it bit by bit until it is how you want it.

Sometimes when I have things eating away at me, I meditate as a means of 1) figuring out what it is and 2) Confronting it and dealing with it. During meditation we attach experiences and objects to otherwise intangible phantoms. You can't can't fight something you can't see or feel or touch, so meditation gives things form. You fear hell and damnation. That's quite intangible, but when you meditate, you give it form. Once it has form you can see, hear and feel it. You can then go and look at it and learn about it, "know your enemy", and find its weakness, safe in the knowledge that at any point, you can come straight back out of their just by moving any part of your physical body. So you can go in and out as many times as you need, observing and learning, until you are ready to start dismantling that hostile notion.

Or, as I said earlier, you could simply not meditate. Leave it locked up inside, where the idea will still eat away at you, except you'll have less control.

I need tot take care of this and I'm too scared to so it alone
Old 16-09-2014, 10:49 PM
Master
Smile

Control is a phantom.

Hasn't everyone at some time or other, scared themselves, and when they became aware they were only scaring themselves, they shook it off and let it go? (It's called psyching yourself out.)

Old 16-09-2014, 11:35 PM
Super Moderator
Beautiful answers above....

No matter who says what or what any doctrines scare you with, eternal damnation just does NOT happen. You will find out when you pass over :)
Old 16-09-2014, 11:35 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
Control is a phantom.

Hasn't everyone at some time or other, scared themselves, and when they became aware they were only scaring themselves, they shook it off and let it go? (It's called psyching yourself out.)

I can't shake it off no matter how hard I try to will it away it's there
Old 16-09-2014, 11:36 PM
Master
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask21771
I can't shake it off no matter how hard I try to will it away it's there

You will - but only when you see it for what it really is.