Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 10-03-2012, 12:45 PM
Godwin

Abs Exercise

1. Leg lifts 2. plank 3. crunch are The exercise to reduce the belly fat.
These exercise can be performed on the floor with an exercise mat. For the six pack abs, a person has not only strengthened their abs by performing exercises, but also follow a diet and workout routine that help him to have a low body fat and help to visible abdominal muscles.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:56 PM
Master
Thanks Godwin. :-)
Old 26-04-2012, 09:47 AM
Knower

Yeah, I think abs are mostly about losing the fat over them.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:20 AM
Knower

I should note that doing ab exercises will never burn belly fat. It serves only to strengthen the muscles underneath the fat. One cannot target the area from which fat will be removed.

I find the best ab exercise to be "the penguin." It consists of lying on your back, as though you were about to do a sit-up. Reach around with your arms sliding across the floor and try to touch your toes on each side. Do this while sitting up a slight bit. Google it for a better description.
Old 20-07-2012, 02:23 AM
michael55

I like standing up... and putting my arms out in front of me, and taking turns with each leg, bending at the knee and lifting up to where my arms are.
Old 20-07-2012, 03:24 AM
Master
Thumbs up

oooo! I want to follow this thread!
Old 20-07-2012, 08:23 PM
Stillness_Speaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph123
I should note that doing ab exercises will never burn belly fat. It serves only to strengthen the muscles underneath the fat. One cannot target the area from which fat will be removed.
Yes, overall body work will burn just as much (or little) on the belly.
Old 23-09-2012, 09:28 AM
Master

The boat in yoga is a killer for the stomach.

Don't forget tho, that doing anything with free weights or lunges / squats etc without - that is good for core stability as opposed to the machines in the gym that work out hte muscles.
Old 23-09-2012, 02:44 PM
Gracey

i learned a technique from a boxer. take how many 10 pound doughnuts you want and put them on your stomach while laying on your back. breath using your stomach muscles. first time i did this is with one 10 lb doughnut (round weights you use on bars). i could feel much warmth in my muscles. i use this one first. then i use 25 lb doughnut to work my sides. then i use a ten lb doughnut under my head while laying on a bench. allow my head to lay over the side and do 50 reps. then i use a 25 lb dougnut on a bench that reclines down and i do a lot of twists and then i lean back with the weight one inch away from my chest and do 100 situps. the last 20 i do, i lift the weight straight up and sit up from there, this taxes my muscles. then i do the ab machine and do 100. then i do the exercise the boxer showed me one last time for about 5 minutes.
Old 13-12-2012, 09:44 AM
Aden

Thanks for sharing useful post. Lie flat on your back and try to elevate you knees in the upward direction. Then try to lift the tailbone in the same way as mentioned earlier with some pressure on the tummy. I experienced it and it is so effective.