Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Welcome

Old 27-08-2019, 10:35 PM
Newbie ;)

Newbie here looking to develop meditation knowledge

Hi Everyone

Im new here and fairly new to meditation. Im reading Eckhart Tolle atm as it resonates quite deeply with me. I have a 6 month old and a two year old so am not working atm and developing a 20min x 2 meditation per day practice comes with its challenges! Im trying to practice "TM" style meditation and using a mantra and mala beads, although Im not completing the official course as the $$$ is not an option. Also I feel that meditation/mantras should be free to all and accessible to all as we are all one and all humanity should be able to benefit from such practices I believe. Thoughts ect welcome :)) Namaste
Old 27-08-2019, 10:42 PM
Master
Welcome Jenny Q -

You're going to find a ton of info on meditation in this forum especially the meditation thread Good for you for learning how to meditate while raising young children. The great benefits will rub off on them. I remember when I used to pick a spot to meditate my young ones would end up playing there. It's the same with pets. You will create lovely energy that heals and uplifts the space. You can shop around on YouTube and discover a lot of for-free meditation techniques, guided meditations and music.

Hugs
Uma
Old 27-08-2019, 11:41 PM
Master
Hail and well met Jenny Q. Welcome to SF!

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)
Old 28-08-2019, 02:36 AM
Newbie ;)

Hello Jenny Q and welcome to the forum. A lot of knowledge out there should be free I completely agree. In my own path of finding the "right" path I often wonder if people share their knowledge just to sell me stuff I don't really need. But like others said YouTube is quite good to find meditation techniques.
Old 31-08-2019, 08:50 PM
Master
hi,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 31-08-2019, 09:20 PM
janielee

Welcome !

Zazen is free

https://www.lionsroar.com/how-to-practice-zazen/
Old 31-08-2019, 10:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Q
Hi Everyone

Im new here and fairly new to meditation. Im reading Eckhart Tolle atm as it resonates quite deeply with me. I have a 6 month old and a two year old so am not working atm and developing a 20min x 2 meditation per day practice comes with its challenges! Im trying to practice "TM" style meditation and using a mantra and mala beads, although Im not completing the official course as the $$$ is not an option. Also I feel that meditation/mantras should be free to all and accessible to all as we are all one and all humanity should be able to benefit from such practices I believe. Thoughts ect welcome :)) Namaste

I guess you will get a ton of meditation information but alot of it will be conflicting - and right, $$$ for an imaginary sound that isn't even a word? Welcome to the jungle!
Old 01-09-2019, 01:26 AM
Administrator
Hi and Welcome To Spiritual Forums

Namaste
Old 04-09-2019, 01:21 PM
Experiencer
The idea that someone charges money to show you treasures that already sit at your feet is repugnant. But--they have their way, and you have yours--let it pass. You will find as you begin to quiet your mind in meditation that their is an inner voice that will guide you; and you will follow with no effort. The treasures will rise up and blossom, and you will realize that it was you whispering to you all along. Welcome!