Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 28-11-2014, 02:25 PM
Guide
A Shaman's view of Mental disorders

http://themindunleashed.org/2014/08/...-hospital.html

I feel like this could benefit so many people who are suffering/going through a spiritual emergency. We need more awareness of this in my opinion.
Old 04-12-2014, 09:36 PM
KevinO

That is a wonderful article, thank you very much for posting!
Old 05-12-2014, 04:48 AM
Knower

I was just thinking about this. Specifically, the meds that people who hear voices get put on must really put their mind to sleep. I also question how often are people drugged when someone who knows about spirituality could have helped them without a lifetime of being drugged. I had an experience myself. A spiritual attack. I pulled myself out of it and the spirits went away. I thought I must have
Gone crazy. And then within two years most of what the voices said came true. And it was very specific things beyond my control. Validation solidified my sanity. Today I am completely grounded and accept there is life after death and communication with spirits is real.
Old 05-12-2014, 12:26 PM
Administrator

This comes as no surprise to me or many other people like me who were called all kinds during chilldhood,because we saw and heard spirit mad was one word that was often used mental another,
i know for a fact that there are a few people who have described as mentally ill are psychic and they are sectioned because of it, my friend works in a mental heallth hospital she is spiritual herself so she can see the difference, between someone who is genually ill with mental health issues and those who are developing psychic awareness,

Namaste
Old 05-12-2014, 02:53 PM
KevinO

"It is a wise father who knows his own child".

The Merchant of Venice, William Shakespeare
Old 05-12-2014, 03:00 PM
You have done a wonderful service with that link!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 14-12-2014, 01:15 AM
Ascender
I'm not a fan of the article.

The kid that was moved from the hospital in the US to a Village in Africa was far more likely to be helped by the change in dietary exposure than by any real attempt to make him into a healer by the "other side". Think about it. From horrible processed high carb foods to locally grown and in season whole foods. There are more nerves in you intestines than there is in your spinal cord. Our brain is deeply affected by what we're feeding ourselves.

And as to the brutal means of souls that are going to shove us, at all costs, into becoming healers when 'they've' decided it's our time. Nonsense. What kind of guide would brutalize us while we're struggling within the confines of an mental institution. I've been told that at any given time we have around 30 different spiritual influences interacting with us in the form of soul-based guides. It seems most have already incarnated a time, or two, or more, while others haven't cared to venture into such an undertaking. Upon learning this I closed my eyes and requested that any soul that hasn't incarnated at least once to please leave my service. Taking advice from a soul that hasn't incarnated is like using a catholic priest as a marriage counselor. Only a non-physically centric soul would be fool enough to kick one of their charges as they lie on the ground.

Besides that, if you want to train someone to be a healer teach them about food choices. If a person aligns with what's right by their bodies then the healing occurs naturally. Eat poorly and we die equally as poorly.

And this last thing about "rituals" is just foolish. If rituals made a difference then the major religions would serve as the pillars of enlightenment. That's all they are is ritual. In order to engage rituals you need to freeze your evolution-of-understandings in one place long enough to pour cement around it in the form of repetitive expectation. There is little to no growth in such a thing. Again, reference religion as a demonstrable example of such a well-meaning but ill-serving course in regards to individualized expansion.
Old 14-12-2014, 11:46 AM
KevinO

Quote:
Originally Posted by organic born
I'm not a fan of the article.

The kid that was moved from the hospital in the US to a Village in Africa was far more likely to be helped by the change in dietary exposure than by any real attempt to make him into a healer by the "other side". Think about it. From horrible processed high carb foods to locally grown and in season whole foods. There are more nerves in you intestines than there is in your spinal cord. Our brain is deeply affected by what we're feeding ourselves.

And as to the brutal means of souls that are going to shove us, at all costs, into becoming healers when 'they've' decided it's our time. Nonsense. What kind of guide would brutalize us while we're struggling within the confines of an mental institution. I've been told that at any given time we have around 30 different spiritual influences interacting with us in the form of soul-based guides. It seems most have already incarnated a time, or two, or more, while others haven't cared to venture into such an undertaking. Upon learning this I closed my eyes and requested that any soul that hasn't incarnated at least once to please leave my service. Taking advice from a soul that hasn't incarnated is like using a catholic priest as a marriage counselor. Only a non-physically centric soul would be fool enough to kick one of their charges as they lie on the ground.

Besides that, if you want to train someone to be a healer teach them about food choices. If a person aligns with what's right by their bodies then the healing occurs naturally. Eat poorly and we die equally as poorly.

And this last thing about "rituals" is just foolish. If rituals made a difference then the major religions would serve as the pillars of enlightenment. That's all they are is ritual. In order to engage rituals you need to freeze your evolution-of-understandings in one place long enough to pour cement around it in the form of repetitive expectation. There is little to no growth in such a thing. Again, reference religion as a demonstrable example of such a well-meaning but ill-serving course in regards to individualized expansion.

As opposed to branding an individual a nut-case, drugging till coherent thought is difficult if not impossible, and realizations outside psychiatric reality are attacked as more madness? This is a relative place, if there is influence I like mine vanilla.
Old 14-12-2014, 05:13 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinO
As opposed to branding an individual a nut-case, drugging till coherent thought is difficult if not impossible, and realizations outside psychiatric reality are attacked as more madness? This is a relative place, if there is influence I like mine vanilla.

Those are your options? What if there are effective pragmatic ways in addressing some of the madness that we see in the current world that surrounds us? What if a person doesn't have to go with a shaman to Africa but can simply stop eating garbage and thus move to a more balance outcome.

But then that would require learning, require rewriting ones script, would require breaking from worn habits that remain comfortable at some level. You are a conditioned being that wants to change the inner dialog you were raised with. Some how I feel that "vanilla" won't ultimately suit you.
Old 14-12-2014, 05:51 PM
KevinO

Quote:
Originally Posted by organic born
Those are your options? What if there are effective pragmatic ways in addressing some of the madness that we see in the current world that surrounds us? What if a person doesn't have to go with a shaman to Africa but can simply stop eating garbage and thus move to a more balance outcome.

But then that would require learning, require rewriting ones script, would require breaking from worn habits that remain comfortable at some level. You are a conditioned being that wants to change the inner dialog you were raised with. Some how I feel that "vanilla" won't ultimately suit you.

The article depicted a move from a hospital. In psychiatric hospitals, that's what they do with folks diagnosed as above. Thus my comment.

If you believe everything in life derives from diet, so be it. From someone who had severe undiscovered food intolerance much of his life, I am in the corner of cleaning up one's dietary routines. But it is not likely the whole story IMO.