Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 03-09-2019, 09:21 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangerthanfiction
Thanks. Very wise words from you. What inner work did you do if i may ask? Something specific you followed or did you come up with your own inner work tools?

Yesterday i red in a spiritual magazine about loving yourself is the key to find what you are meant to do. I found that similar to your advice, interesting. If i was my own loving parent i would tell myself that i should do what i feel like and that i should use my gifts the best i can but in the way i myself choose. So whatever i wish to do is what i should do. I would tell myself that being a spiritual teacher doesn't mean i need to push myself more than i can handle but to follow my heart, be nice to myself and do some inner work where i ask myself why i feel like being a spiritual teacher cannot come from my heart?

I'm not saying i don't try to follow my heart but what i do feel is that i push myself too hard. I do believe i am a spiritual teacher so i just wonder what does that mean for me? How can i best help my surrounding? I feel like happiness and freedom is most important in my life. What i wish for both myself and others is happiness and freedom but how can i help others if i feel i have to accomplish huge things to feel okay? What i really want is for others to be happy. How do i best share that with others?

G'day Strangerthenfiction

I would like to acknowledge that I have seen your post here and that I intend to answer soon. At the moment I am having a bit of trouble processing my thoughts into comprehensible words as my mental processing is wired a little differently!!
Old 03-09-2019, 09:47 PM
Deactivated Account
Ok I had to figure out how to interpret my senses into thoughts and words hehe!

In reguards to what inner work I have done: I would summerise it as "Inner child work" and re-parenting myself.

I mixed childhood development with archtypes and chakra -work and used them both in my inner journeying and mediations.
I also used my creativity to help me come up with physical activities around each 'level' of development.

So if I was wanting to embody a feeling of safety and security associated with the base chakra and the first few years of child development - I would come up with an activity which scared me and I would take on the role of 'nurturing inner parent' to guide myself through it.
A lot of what I have done has been intuitively guided, play and creatively based.
When I wanted to feel and embody a sense of deep inner love, I wrote myself as a baby in a story and imagined what it would feel like to be embraced and held in pure love.

I noticed that there are parallels between the chakra archetypes and energies of clearing and learning which follow the stages of childhood development.

I found a great chart on the internet a week ago which outlined the correlations quite well. If I can find it again, I will post it here for you.

That would have to be the most prominent method I used although there are others too which played a support role, such as prayer and energy work, holistic counselling, physical exercise for the mental and emotional strengthening benifits and meditative breathing practice.
Old 04-09-2019, 03:16 AM
Master
Quote:
I suffer hugely that i have no woman to be intimate with. Maybe i wouldn't suffer so much if it weren't for the fact that i never have been intimate with another woman, not once! I am just human and i have prayed to God to help me find someone. There's a spiritual dating site i know of. I don't know, but if i don't find someone then i will have to try there. After all on a dating site you can atleast explain what you search for. I want someone who believes in universal love for everyone. Kind of like "jesus view on love", a form of spiritual love that extends towards everyone. I know there's people who have such a big heart and that is something i would find very attractive in a woman. Unconditional love is the highest form of love and i seek like a "soulmate" who i can connect with emotionally and spiritually and therefore this is a spiritual trait i'm longing for, it would literally be two hearts uniting in one. Therefore a spiritual dating site could be a good idea, but maybe a person shows up in my life before i try that. I have decided that i'm gonna find someone within two years. I do think i have a more clear picture now what i seek. Maybe i can find someone with similar needs and then maybe continue keeping contact via skype or something else. Thanks for your response.

I sometimes imagine that i extend love towards the whole earth. I feel the love towards earth and everything on it and then i imagine that i send light that engulfs the whole earth.

I am now gonna continue answering the others.
When I was younger, I had almost the same dilemma as you have. It did not take me long to find out I found happiness each weekend I visited Ottawa, Ontario. Later on I spent some time in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Then I found somebody that lived about 1 hour way (a lot closer). Later on, I found myself drawn to the southwest USA and their people with weekly trips into Mexico.
I found that people of different cultures, accents, even skin color seem to be what I was drawn to and the other people seemed to be drawn to me.
Living in Asia opened my eyes. There are a lot of people that I am drawn to and they seem to be drawn to me.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 04-09-2019, 03:19 AM
Master
Quote:
You're right. But its hard to develop work moral for me. I think its one of my negative traits that i don't have a good work moral. If i don't feel like doing something then i don't do it, no matter what it is. But i've matured lately and it does get better. I try taking responsibility and i do feel better when i do.
I am glad work moral is improving.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 04-09-2019, 03:22 AM
Master
Quote:
I still have to think about this. But i'm open to the idea. I did try to write a book but i didn't do much before deleting it. It felt too much of a work and it requires alot of devotion. But as i just said i'm open to the idea of writing a book or creating a blog. But i'm not gonna do it now. I'll see later on.
Do the blog and if you feel like it, do the book.
You have a lot of creative energy so channel this special energy into your blog and maybe a book.

Old 04-09-2019, 05:39 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne

Perhaps you could try relaxing for a moment or two, and then just try to be your own best self, setting an example within your realm.

This is really lovely advice, I have found
that the greatest teachers taught me through example, they were people who live aligned and embodied with their own truth. In this, we all become spiritual teachers of sorts.
Old 04-09-2019, 02:10 PM
Strangerthanfiction

I got home for work just recently. For some reason i don't have energy to read every answer or the ability to understand it or organise it in my head. I will read the answers later but i think my head needs to come back to focus, it needs to rest. It feels too exhausting to read and i get confused and cannot comprehend what i read at the moment. Right now its almost like reading something you don't know what you read, its just too much right now. Was drinking some ice coffee just now. Think i'm gonna make me another one soon and rest a bit in my bed. I find it very calming to drink ice coffee while resting in my bed.

Please forgive me everyone but i will try to respond later and before i respond i still thank you all for all your help.
Old 04-09-2019, 02:38 PM
Master
Quote:
I got home for work just recently. For some reason i don't have energy to read every answer or the ability to understand it or organise it in my head. I will read the answers later but i think my head needs to come back to focus, it needs to rest. It feels too exhausting to read and i get confused and cannot comprehend what i read at the moment. Right now its almost like reading something you don't know what you read, its just too much right now. Was drinking some ice coffee just now. Think i'm gonna make me another one soon and rest a bit in my bed. I find it very calming to drink ice coffee while resting in my bed.

Please forgive me everyone but i will try to respond later and before i respond i still thank you all for all your help.
That's just fine (and appropriate under the circumstances, I think), Stranger. Everyone is 'coming' at you from their own 'angle' in this regard. I am just writing this to say that I personally very much appreciate the honest/loving/intelligent 'nature' of your spirit and feel a sense of warm kinship with it.
Old 07-09-2019, 07:40 AM
Strangerthanfiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariaecheflame
Ok I had to figure out how to interpret my senses into thoughts and words hehe!

In reguards to what inner work I have done: I would summerise it as "Inner child work" and re-parenting myself.

I mixed childhood development with archtypes and chakra -work and used them both in my inner journeying and mediations.
I also used my creativity to help me come up with physical activities around each 'level' of development.
Thanks for sharing with me your inner work. After reading this i decided to do some inner child work myself so i told my inner child things and to not worry (i had a trauma as a child when i was 4 years old). The trauma was that i heard another child (don't wanna say who) say that another person (don't want to tell who) said that there is no life after death. This made me cry and i was scared as hell. I just cried and cried and i thought that death would be the end of consciousness. I became a materialist at that moment and i cried myself very often to sleep until the day i became 9 years old. When i was 9 years old i started doing meditation, watch spiritual tv shows, discuss spirituality with others, read spiritual books and try to develop ESP. It surely was a transformation in my life. Although i became a believer in spirituality at that point in time i still have the trauma deep inside. I don't know how much it can be healed and even if it get's healed i still feel its a bit in my survival instinct to fear annihilation of consciousness. Other inner child work i did was to look in a photo album with pictures of myself, also listened to a song i liked as a baby. I will continue to do more inner child work.

I don't meditate regularly but my life, atleast today, consists alot of reading about the spiritual on the internet. But i try to balance it with work, a training schedule i follow and video games.
Old 07-09-2019, 07:55 AM
Strangerthanfiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne
Yes, could be there isn’t something specific you need to do to become a spiritual teacher.

Once you remove the bells and whistles, I can see where alternatives seem slim.

Perhaps you could try relaxing for a moment or two, and then just try to be your own best self, setting an example within your realm.
My best teachers didn’t seek fame or fortune. It was all about listening.

Interesting. Thanks for telling me. I think i have a better understanding of what a spiritual teacher can be now. I keep different options open. Always good to hear different angles of things.