Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 30-05-2011, 01:20 PM
Knower
Can you have issues ascending because of a past life?

If so, how does one know for sure their blockages are past life caused?

If one is ascending in THIS life, but the sadness and upsets of past lives are blocking one's further ascension, what should be done?

I ask because I think I may be experiencing it...but am unsure...I have no memories of any past lives.
Old 30-05-2011, 01:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prokopton
I'm well aware of that, and mentioned that pausing thing above... it's important to understand kundalini IMO remains a process, not something which is awakened once and then done.

When it's awakened by events or spontaneously it can go many years before the person is able to deal with it... but it's process is not fully in train if the energy is there but unable to move.

IMO there are also forms of awakening and enlightenment that don't awaken this particular energy. But then I don't believe that all enlightenment is the same thing anyhow...

Yes... speaking of the wide variety of experiences in the awakenings and transformations of our consciousness and energies. This is because although there are common structures and patterns (chakras, meridians, central channel, etc.) we are each a unique configuration within and between them.

I also want to say that the intense moments of change get our attention, but much of our process goes on below our level of awareness. When we think nothing is happening there are subtle changes going on underground, so to speak.

Think about major earth changes. We don't notice until there's an earthquake or volcano or tsunami, but the buildup to that has been going on for a long time.

For some of us, including me, there's a lot of tremors of various kinds going on and on and on. I've gotten used to it over the years and often they are quite delicious.

Xan

Old 30-05-2011, 02:18 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
in progress... Another way to see it is, being out of body for some of the energy transformations Is what's happening in that moment. There is clearing that must go on beyond the body as well as that which must go on within it.

The only problem comes when we cling to any idea or state, in or out, grounded or flying high, rather than learning to be present and allowing with whatever is showing up here, now.

Xan
Ha! Well after I made my last post I had another synchronicity, I went outside and brought a book w/ me to read. I immediately started reading something else that shares some of the essence of what you're saying.

We're all looking for drama in our spiritual experiences instead of subtlety. We think we have to have huge experiences to validate our spiritual progress. Not so. I know I've been wondering why a lot of people are busy chatting and having coffee & donuts w/ their guides and angels while I'm scratching my head and wondering why I'm left w/ dreams and synchronicities. I see I'm getting a pep talk and I'm grateful!

I don't know what to think of the statement about being out of the body for energy transformations. I can agree I've gotten some of those at night while the body is asleep or during meditation. Is this what you're thinking of when you say that?
Old 30-05-2011, 02:30 PM
Master
in progress: We're all looking for drama in our spiritual experiences instead of subtlety. We think we have to have huge experiences to validate our spiritual progress. Not so.

Yes... In truth being aware as our inner self is the ultimate naturalness.

I don't know what to think of the statement about being out of the body for energy transformations. I can agree I've gotten some of those at night while the body is asleep or during meditation. Is this what you're thinking of when you say that?

Yes... a lot of subtle transformation goes on in sleep and meditation with little or no body awareness. As I see it, this is necessary because our surface mind conflicts and resistances can get in the way. Our ego armor forms cracks from the inside, if you know what I mean.

Xan

Old 30-05-2011, 03:18 PM
Prokopton

Quote:
Originally Posted by in progress
We think we have to have huge experiences to validate our spiritual progress. Not so.

That's certainly a possibility, albeit one stemming from insecurity. However, kundalini doesn't come at the whistle of those who would like to meet dragons!

And equally, it's actually possible for people to have those huge experiences, even uncomfortably so, without 'thinking you have to':

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trieah
Try no sleep at all for about two weeks straight. I was begging God to completely destroy my consciousness... As for the orgasmic bliss, mine would only stay inside the sacral chakra level. Though there were times when my body was being shaken so violently, one would have assumed I was having some kind of seizure, if they had witnessed what I was going through

That is classic 'dramatic kundalini', and includes an actual description of orgasmic bliss which didn't yet rise in the whole of the central channel -- bringing the other phenomena that always follow that moment. It could be said to be unnecessarily dramatic, in fact, because there is no need for anything on that level of immensity, but as I say it does happen and more often if the kundalini isn't prepared for. This is the beginning of the nervous system being entered by the divine.

This is one reason it's so useful to have a look at the serious work that has been done on this subject, in transpersonal psychology for example and elsewhere. If things like this happen to you, the discomfort can be offset by knowing you're not alone. It's also necessary to complete the process in order to completely transform the etheric and physical levels and rejuvenate them. A person to whom this happens has a spiritual destiny to fulfill in the process of transformation, which 'burns off karma' if you like that phraseology.

'Kundalini' has in my view become somewhat over-generalized as a term. It does mean something specific in the various traditions which birthed it. And certainly if it begins dramatically but is not present as a process moving towards completion, that can indicate blockage -- that is, inability to 'allow the process' in Xan's terms.

There's a lot to be done past the end of that initial process of course, but every part of a person needs to become involved in the transformation. It is possible to be co-operating so well with the energy that the divine feelings might be very obvious and 'dramatic', but with no discomfort at all.
Old 30-05-2011, 04:12 PM
Master

Quote:
That's certainly a possibility, albeit one stemming from insecurity. However, kundalini doesn't come at the whistle of those who would like to meet dragons!

And equally, it's actually possible for people to have those huge experiences, even uncomfortably so, without 'thinking you have to':
I wasn't really thinking of kundalini. I was thinking of other spiritual experiences people talk about that from my perspective seem amazing. I don't want to take away from others experiences. I'm just talking about my own ego issues. Or as you say, my own insecurity.

Xan:
Quote:
Our ego armor forms cracks from the inside, if you know what I mean.
Well, I'd have to say about 99% of what has been shifted in me has happened w/o my conscious knowledge as to how. But I can tell by how I feel, don't react, stop worrying or what I dream about that something has happened.
Old 30-05-2011, 04:15 PM
Prokopton

Quote:
Originally Posted by in progress
I wasn't really thinking of kundalini. I was thinking of other spiritual experiences people talk about that from my perspective seem amazing. I don't want to take away from others experiences. I'm just talking about my own ego issues. Or as you say, my own insecurity.

Ah! Well I don't think this is an uncommon thing of course, esp. given the hollywood nature of the way much spirituality is sold now. But yes I was going for the topic as titled. :)
Old 31-05-2011, 04:11 AM
Trieah

Quote:
That is classic 'dramatic kundalini', and includes an actual description of orgasmic bliss which didn't yet rise in the whole of the central channel -- bringing the other phenomena that always follow that moment. It could be said to be unnecessarily dramatic, in fact, because there is no need for anything on that level of immensity, but as I say it does happen and more often if the kundalini isn't prepared for. This is the beginning of the nervous system being entered by the divine.

Hum. . . Well, at the time this happened, I'd never even heard the word kundalini before, let alone had any kind of indication as to what it could even be. So that would probably explain the extent of the intensity, since I had no way or preparing for it. It was just "Boom, Baby! Ready or not, here I come!"

Quote:
A person to whom this happens has a spiritual destiny to fulfill in the process of transformation, which 'burns off karma' if you like that phraseology.

Question. Did you mean to say that everyone who goes through a kundalini transformation process, has a spiritual destiny to fulfill? Or just the ones who experience it so fast and furious, that all the karma needed to be burned off before this destiny could happen?

According to the prophecies about who my soul is, there actually is somewhat of a "destiny" involved. While I in no way mean to make myself sound like I'm better then everyone else, I'm still just collecting all the little pieces. And dang it! Why do all these synchronicities have to fit together so darn well I might just have to buy into the conspiracy that the universe really is trying to tell me something, LOL

And thank you so much for the links to those book. I have run across "Kundalini Rising" in the book store a few time. But I've only thumbed through it. Do you know if that one is any good? Sorry, don't know who the author is.
Old 31-05-2011, 08:20 AM
OceanWaves19161

Can you have issues ascending because of a past life?

Yes, the reason we don't ascend is typically because we have more blockages to work through (usually stemming from past lives)

If so, how does one know for sure their blockages are past life caused?

If one is ascending in THIS life, but the sadness and upsets of past lives are blocking one's further ascension, what should be done?

Lots of integrative which can be done via energetic healing, past life regression, therapy etc

I ask because I think I may be experiencing it...but am unsure...I have no memories of any past lives.

You can often tell if an issue stems from a past life if it has a really strong influence on you in your present lifetime. For example I have a tendency to be quite dominating sometimes which is quite different to my soul personality in this lifetime. This aspect rears itself when my ego's coming up or when people are trying to get away with something on an energetic level...another example may be an extreme dislike or males or females which seems too strong for the experiences you've had in this present lifetime.

Hope that helps! Clearing past life aspects can be a long process for some people!

Alana
Old 31-05-2011, 10:05 AM
Neville

I am wondering if this process can take a slower less dramatic route like a flower opening up into bloom. An unfoldment.

maybe even across many life times living each one as part or section of the over all path of the soul.