Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 06-03-2014, 01:30 AM
Lady Diana

What comforts me is to know that all those who I have loved and have passed over, if they could do it then so shall I. I look forward to it even if it is uncertain and scary because of the unknown. The best thing we can do is be ready , to try to live the best life we can, to love others and try to do good within yourself, to feel it and know it so when the time comes we don't take that negative baggage with us. Those who were dark in life will be dark in death , but they too will have a chance to redeam themselves when they are ready. I feel the only dark forces that will come after us when we die are those we draw to ourselves.
Old 10-03-2014, 06:26 PM
spiritualerika

hi

im just confused about what happens after we die christianity says one thing while near death experiences kind of another that you dont have to be christian to go to heaven. does anyone know the answer?
Old 17-03-2014, 08:10 PM
Knower

There's this very good psychic blogger called Erin Pavalina who I discovered when I was terrified of the afterlife and after reading her accounts and channelled messages I was very reassured that the next life is full of love and that we all go to heaven. Her accounts did seem very logical and thought out so that's what I've come to accept.
Old 17-03-2014, 08:35 PM
Master
Going there could be scary if it turns out to be as boring as this life.
Old 18-03-2014, 07:58 PM
Razberri92

Death and the afterlife doesn't scare me at all. In fact, the experiences I've had with dying and the other side have very peaceful and beautiful experiences. It's hard on the ones we leave behind, but I have no doubt that when I die my soul will be in peace and that I will find ways to communicate with whoever needs me.

With that said, I fear pain. I would not like to die a painful death, but death itself is not something that I fear.
Old 18-03-2014, 08:37 PM
Master

To be honest, I haven't really given it thought. It's not difficult to be calm about it when not confronting it, but if I were staring at my passing I probably wouldn't be so calm!
Old 18-03-2014, 09:12 PM
Ascender
The thought of dying makes me sad. It's the aspect of leaving loved ones behind, the fear of not seeing them in the afterlife.
Old 18-03-2014, 09:39 PM
The Librarian

I'm not scared, as I know what's going to happen to my body, and even if I don't have a soul, the thought that my body is going to return to the earth is enough for me. I'm going to be broken down by worms, nourish plants, and become part of the cycle of life on our planet, until the day our sun grows too big, and too hot and reduces the earth to ash, casting the remnants of every human out into the universe to become part of something even bigger. I think that's very beautiful, and while it may make some people feel very small and insignificant, it makes me feel huge, proud and excited.
Old 30-03-2014, 04:15 PM
Pathfinder
It's funny because when i was a kid i had this idea that we would all just live forever. that there was no such thing as death. i knew people died but at the same time had no concept of it. later on in my teen years i did develop somewhat of a fear of death.maybe it was because i was raised going to church and i believed god might dislike me and send me to hell(even though i was actually a very well behaved kid and never really was in trouble), that i was being bad. i have since outgrown that method of thinking and do not follow religion. these days i am actually excited about someday going home to the afterlife. not in a suicidal way but i really look forward to death after i have lived most of my life of course.
Old 30-03-2014, 05:03 PM
The Librarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Ascent
It's funny because when i was a kid i had this idea that we would all just live forever. that there was no such thing as death. i knew people died but at the same time had no concept of it. later on in my teen years i did develop somewhat of a fear of death.maybe it was because i was raised going to church and i believed god might dislike me and send me to hell(even though i was actually a very well behaved kid and never really was in trouble), that i was being bad. i have since outgrown that method of thinking and do not follow religion. these days i am actually excited about someday going home to the afterlife. not in a suicidal way but i really look forward to death after i have lived most of my life of course.

It's always been said by my family that the moment you realise that one day, you're going to die, is when you stop being a child. No other species shares with us the knowledge that we won't live forever. Acceptance of death as a part of the natural order is one of the things that makes us human.

The Librarian