Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 10-11-2018, 08:08 PM
Master

Do we attract disasters? ... "what we do to our selves", a.k.a. "what happens to us"

I read everyday about some natural, or man made, disaster in some corner of the world. Some locations seem to be more prone to them.

Considering beliefs that we create our own reality, that we attract in our reality in like to our beliefs and emotions (fears, ...), could we introspect, and find the root causes of "what we do to our selves", a.k.a. "what happens to us"?
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 10-11-2018, 11:43 PM
Master
This is where the whole philosophy falls over imho.

As unfortunate as it is, Natural disasters, wars and general "bad stuff that happens to other people" are part of my reality, that is, if my reality is based solely upon this physical world we all share.

So, I would like to know exactly how I created that earthquake in Nepal... exactly how I made China invade Tibet even before I was born, because if I knew exactly how I did that, ''creating my own reality" as I do, I would be able to undo it...or make sure such things never happen in future.

Besides that, if I "create my own reality" then how come I still haven't got telekinesis yet?

I swear that many people are introduced to meditation and spirituality trying to bend spoons or getting a marble to roll across the table and the one-pointed focus of mind, with cessation of thoughts awakens something within them anyway which had nothing to do with what they were trying to achieve.

What I personally think, is that saying "we create our own reality" is just too broad and general as to be absurd...rather, we have control over the way we react to things...how we let things affect us and what emotions they engender, which colours our perception in either a positive or negative way..

For example, a friend may become hostile with us and we can take it personally and become defensive, or we can address the pain our friend is in, which may have caused them to lash out...'we create our own reality' is merely saying that we have a choice due to free will...do we stay the same, hoping everything else is going to change for us? or do we become that change we wish to see in the world?
Old 11-11-2018, 12:17 AM
Master
In a way we do as a collective.
In order to bring in or move to a higher state of consciousness we need to release all negative aspects within ourselves. This inadvertently will bring some changes in our immediate surroundings. Some pleasant and some not so pleasant. Now transfer this to the whole planet, including the planet. After all all is one, all is connected. And a lot of negative has happened to the planet over the last 50.000 years.

There are beings around the planet who try to minimise the effects, what we see at the moment is not very much in comparison of what would have happened if.....
Old 11-11-2018, 04:41 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
In a way we do as a collective.
In order to bring in or move to a higher state of consciousness we need to release all negative aspects within ourselves. This inadvertently will bring some changes in our immediate surroundings. Some pleasant and some not so pleasant. Now transfer this to the whole planet, including the planet. After all all is one, all is connected. And a lot of negative has happened to the planet over the last 50.000 years.

There are beings around the planet who try to minimise the effects, what we see at the moment is not very much in comparison of what would have happened if.....
It takes but one act of cruelty to engrave a human heart with everlasting scars: overpowering a lifetime of peace and pleasure. It does not seem right to me, when the inverse act does not seem to have the same irresistible power.

And if the weight of our deeds now has a grip that exceeds our own in strength? How, then, are we to cast aside a nemesis we have made for ourselves, when it wishes itself upon us? Perhaps this is justice.

Putting these questions aside, I am sure it cannot simply be cast aside. The gravity is inescapable.
Old 11-11-2018, 08:51 PM
Ascender
It is called Mass Consciousness.
Old 14-11-2018, 01:06 PM
Master

We all share the same reality. We are all in this together, the aim is, at the zenith, to all play our part in, so to speak, creating a beautiful symphony once we have learned to play all possible instruments. For this we have time - aka eternity. Eternity is defined as 311 040 000 000 000 Earth years but is directly proportional to 'Nirvana' which equals 0 years. We were together as minerals, then as plants, then as animals. We live in a sevenfold 'plane(t) system', to imagine this just draw seven circles one within the other then draw a horizontal line through the middle so you have seven half-circles above the line and seven half-circles below the line. This very roughly is a diagram of how the universe (everything) looks on paper.
You will notice the resemblance to a series of octaves and to doh, re, me, fah, so, la, te, seven times in an octave- and then a new octave begins. Their are therefore 7X7 'grades' to be accomplished until the zenith is reached.
Those planes above the line are positive and those below are negative. This reflects the duality of the material cosmos. We humans are just above the horizontal line, just make a small dot here to see where we stand.

Our job is to move up the octaves through all the planes (the next one being the Astral) as we learn to integrate ourselves with the music.

We each have our individual lives for which we are each responsible but we share the karma which binds us together.
Most people remember the Concorde disaster crashing, on fire, in Paris. Well it would be hardly feasible that those who died were required by karma to all buy their tickets on the same flight because 'it was their time' - no we live in families, districts, villages, towns, cities, countries, continents, planets, galaxies and universes which all function because of individual consciousnesses connected to everything else.
Old 14-11-2018, 06:15 PM
Master

Quote:
What I personally think, is that saying "we create our own reality" is just too broad and general as to be absurd...

Yet it happened. How does it materialize if it is not done, except by decision.
Old 14-11-2018, 07:34 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
We all share the same reality. We are all in this together, the aim is, at the zenith, to all play our part in, so to speak, creating a beautiful symphony once we have learned to play all possible instruments. For this we have time - aka eternity. Eternity is defined as 311 040 000 000 000 Earth years but is directly proportional to 'Nirvana' which equals 0 years. We were together as minerals, then as plants, then as animals. We live in a sevenfold 'plane(t) system', to imagine this just draw seven circles one within the other then draw a horizontal line through the middle so you have seven half-circles above the line and seven half-circles below the line. This very roughly is a diagram of how the universe (everything) looks on paper.
You will notice the resemblance to a series of octaves and to doh, re, me, fah, so, la, te, seven times in an octave- and then a new octave begins. Their are therefore 7X7 'grades' to be accomplished until the zenith is reached.
Those planes above the line are positive and those below are negative. This reflects the duality of the material cosmos. We humans are just above the horizontal line, just make a small dot here to see where we stand.

Our job is to move up the octaves through all the planes (the next one being the Astral) as we learn to integrate ourselves with the music.

We each have our individual lives for which we are each responsible but we share the karma which binds us together.
Most people remember the Concorde disaster crashing, on fire, in Paris. Well it would be hardly feasible that those who died were required by karma to all buy their tickets on the same flight because 'it was their time' - no we live in families, districts, villages, towns, cities, countries, continents, planets, galaxies and universes which all function because of individual consciousnesses connected to everything else.

May I ask what are you basing your assertions?
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 14-11-2018, 08:38 PM
Master

inavalan asks on what Busby bases these assertions.

Quote:
Eternity is defined as 311 040 000 000 000 Earth years but is directly proportional to 'Nirvana' which equals 0 years.

This is based on the Puranas of Indian philosophy which considers time periods beyond our imagination:

A Maha Yuga (the great age) is 4,320,000 of our years.
A Kalpa, or one day of Brahma, is 1,000 Maha Yugas - 4,320,000,000 years.
One day of Brahma plus one night of Brahma is 8,640,000,000 years.
A year of Brahma is 360 days and nights of Brahma - 3,110,400,000,000 years.
A Maha Kalpa is 100 years of Brahma - 311,040,000,000,000 of our years.

The universe periodically comes into manifestation (a manvantara) and goes out of manifestation (a pralaya). Science believes in the Big Bang, when everything started. Some scientists suggest there is a corresponding Big Crunch, when everything ends. The Puranas suggest that this process has happened countless times.

Quote:
We were together as minerals, then as plants, then as animals.

Theosophy describes the Life-wave or the evolutionary journey of monadic groups. This initially progresses through the three lower kingdoms of mineral, vegetable and animal, before becoming individual monads in the human kingdom, and then progressing onwards to the three superhuman kingdoms.

Quote:
We live in a sevenfold 'plane(t) system',

There are seven Cosmic planes, each divided into seven systemic planes, and we currently inhabit the lowest systemic planes of the lowest Cosmic plane (sometimes known as the Cosmic Physical).

Theosophy also puts forward a system of a planetary chain consisting of seven globes on varying planes. There are seven rounds as the evolutionary Life-wave passes through each globe, and each round has seven root-races of humanity. Each root-race marks a point of human development. We are currently at the fifth root-race of the fourth round of the fourth globe.

Seven planetary rounds takes a day of Brahma and this is a planetary manvantara. This is followed by a night of Brahma or planetary pralaya. Each round is also a mini-manvantara and between each round there are mini-pralayas.

As explanations of the universe go, this all seems as good as any!

Peace.
Old 15-11-2018, 01:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
inavalan asks on what Busby bases these assertions.

This is based on the Puranas of Indian philosophy which considers time periods beyond our imagination:

A Maha Yuga (the great age) is 4,320,000 of our years.
A Kalpa, or one day of Brahma, is 1,000 Maha Yugas - 4,320,000,000 years.
One day of Brahma plus one night of Brahma is 8,640,000,000 years.
A year of Brahma is 360 days and nights of Brahma - 3,110,400,000,000 years.
A Maha Kalpa is 100 years of Brahma - 311,040,000,000,000 of our years.

The universe periodically comes into manifestation (a manvantara) and goes out of manifestation (a pralaya). Science believes in the Big Bang, when everything started. Some scientists suggest there is a corresponding Big Crunch, when everything ends. The Puranas suggest that this process has happened countless times.

Theosophy describes the Life-wave or the evolutionary journey of monadic groups. This initially progresses through the three lower kingdoms of mineral, vegetable and animal, before becoming individual monads in the human kingdom, and then progressing onwards to the three superhuman kingdoms.

There are seven Cosmic planes, each divided into seven systemic planes, and we currently inhabit the lowest systemic planes of the lowest Cosmic plane (sometimes known as the Cosmic Physical).

Theosophy also puts forward a system of a planetary chain consisting of seven globes on varying planes. There are seven rounds as the evolutionary Life-wave passes through each globe, and each round has seven root-races of humanity. Each root-race marks a point of human development. We are currently at the fifth root-race of the fourth round of the fourth globe.

Seven planetary rounds takes a day of Brahma and this is a planetary manvantara. This is followed by a night of Brahma or planetary pralaya. Each round is also a mini-manvantara and between each round there are mini-pralayas.

As explanations of the universe go, this all seems as good as any!

Peace.
Very good.

There is a wonderful video on this, which I highly recommend.

It is called the Hidden History of Humanity, which goes into the Yugas, the Manvantaras and the seven planetary cycles...

It is a rather long, drawn out watch...but if anybody is interested in it:
https://youtu.be/GbWMw249xY8