Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Numerology, Runes etc.

Old 15-05-2016, 02:49 PM
Experiencer
change my name or not

Hi friends,
I had a numerology reading lately and was suggested to change my name,
but my inner voice from higherself tells me that it is not necessary to change.
Have u ever met similar situations?
what will u decide to do?

Thanks.
Old 15-05-2016, 03:10 PM
Master
Change your name? That's quite a big thing! And only to be done if YOU feel like doing it, if it feels right to you.
I'd never do something like that based on what some reader says.
Two things ...
1: ALWAYS ALWAYS listen to your own inner guidance! Did I say "Always"?
2: Some people simply shouldn't be doing readings
(okay, I admit, I don't know the context of the reading, and why this was said. But doesn't change the fact that you ALWAYS listen to your own inner guidance, not someone else's. You always know best what's good for you. Period.)

Old 15-05-2016, 03:12 PM
Master
i second FairyCrystal's advice.
Old 15-05-2016, 04:16 PM
Guide

Good advice from FairyCrystal and Horace.

On the other hand, if YOU have always felt at-odds with your name, or didn't feel it was the name you should have, then by all means change it!

But don't do it because someone else suggested it.
Old 15-05-2016, 05:01 PM
Suspended

If your inner voice is telling you it's not necessary to change your legal name, that's your gut instinct/higher self guiding you...I believe you will know if you want to legally change your name when you feel called to do so on your own terms without influence from other people...

I remember when I was a teenager I had seriously contemplated changing my last name to "Wolf" because of my strong connection to the animal on a deep/intrinsic level...I never legally changed my name mostly because my parents wouldn't approve of me changing the family name in that manner (see what I mean about other's influences? Heh)...

I have fairly recently (this year) accepted the name "Somnia" as the name that calls to my spirit...It was the name I felt drawn to circa 2005 when I was ready for a new online handle...At the time (and for many years after) I didn't think much of my online handle until this year when I completely accepted this name as something much deeper and meaningful to me...

I'm not planning on changing my legal name to "Somnia" but you can have a name that speaks to you on a deeper level than your birth/legal name that you can call yourself without legally changing your name...
Old 16-05-2016, 01:45 PM
Experiencer
Thank u all...
my head still a bit clouded,
my father gave me a name he likes, but the professional readers told me it gave me a bad luck. I remmeber in high school another person said the same.
because if u collect the letters of my name and combine them together, it becomes a ZERO or EMPTY.
I got a business degree and earned some money and it went into others'hand, they take the control, some money went into a project and i just cant touch it. they r still mine but seems i can never spend them.
my relationships so far also end into ZERO....
my health the energy system was changed since i got depression and PTSD.(but it is better i feel since i joined the spiritual journey.)

but it is weird my inner voice told me all those bad luck r not because of my name..

and i also no longer have interest in money or business, i just dont care them much now..
Old 16-05-2016, 02:05 PM
Master
I fail to see how a name could become a zero. Each letter has a number and zero is not one of them. So you can never get a zero. The numbers go from 1 through 9, starting with A=1 B=2 etc. When you've got 9, you simply continue under 1 again.

Even if there was a zero, it's only wonderful. Look at the zero in Tarot. It means a new beginning, the start of a new cycle. The card is the Fool, which doesn't mean he's stupid. It means he's just finished a (life's) lesson and has taken all the wisdom and all he's learnt with him to start yet another cycle/lesson. It's a free spirit, eager and ready to begin his new journey.
A truly wonderful card (and number) to get.

I think you're giving this zero stuff way too much credit, in the negative sense. That way you attract what you believe and are convinced of to be true. The Law of Attraction brings you what YOU think, feel, believe etc. It doesn't think, oh, she's a real nice person, and yeah, she's feeling negative about herself, but let's bring her something really great, cos she is truly a good person!
Law of Attraction brings what you ask for. And you are clearly asking for confirmation of being a "zero" and "a void" and "meaningless" and "Nothing".
It's like a self-fulfilling prophecy. Break that cycle!
Be like the Fool, see yourself as a free spirit who's starting a new journey, discovering new things and enjoying them tremendously.
Maybe that is who you truly are deep down. A free spirit who wants to learn, grow, discover, travel, endeavour things in life. Someone who doesn't like ruts and routines.
And with every new experience the Fool has, he gets wiser and wiser :) The Fool is really no fool, he's just a happy, enthusiastic person with an open mind.

So forget about all the **** you've been told! Try to change those convictions to new, positive ones. Each time you catch yourself thinking those thoughts, think something positive about your name and yourself.
That way, it will slowly start to sink in and it will change. Maybe find out why your dad chose that name. That might help you too to accept it as a the beautiful gift it is. Remember that names usually are very carefully chosen by our parents. I don't think many -if any- would open a book with names, close their eyes, drop their finger on a page and say "That's it. That's the name of my unborn child." Usually parents to be think about the name for months on end.
See it as a gift and carry it with pride!
Old 16-05-2016, 02:39 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
I fail to see how a name could become a zero. Each letter has a number and zero is not one of them. So you can never get a zero. The numbers go from 1 through 9, starting with A=1 B=2 etc. When you've got 9, you simply continue under 1 again.

Even if there was a zero, it's only wonderful. Look at the zero in Tarot. It means a new beginning, the start of a new cycle. The card is the Fool, which doesn't mean he's stupid. It means he's just finished a (life's) lesson and has taken all the wisdom and all he's learnt with him to start yet another cycle/lesson. It's a free spirit, eager and ready to begin his new journey.
A truly wonderful card (and number) to get.

I think you're giving this zero stuff way too much credit, in the negative sense. That way you attract what you believe and are convinced of to be true. The Law of Attraction brings you what YOU think, feel, believe etc. It doesn't think, oh, she's a real nice person, and yeah, she's feeling negative about herself, but let's bring her something really great, cos she is truly a good person!
Law of Attraction brings what you ask for. And you are clearly asking for confirmation of being a "zero" and "a void" and "meaningless" and "Nothing".
It's like a self-fulfilling prophecy. Break that cycle!
Be like the Fool, see yourself as a free spirit who's starting a new journey, discovering new things and enjoying them tremendously.
Maybe that is who you truly are deep down. A free spirit who wants to learn, grow, discover, travel, endeavour things in life. Someone who doesn't like ruts and routines.
And with every new experience the Fool has, he gets wiser and wiser :) The Fool is really no fool, he's just a happy, enthusiastic person with an open mind.

So forget about all the **** you've been told! Try to change those convictions to new, positive ones. Each time you catch yourself thinking those thoughts, think something positive about your name and yourself.
That way, it will slowly start to sink in and it will change. Maybe find out why your dad chose that name. That might help you too to accept it as a the beautiful gift it is. Remember that names usually are very carefully chosen by our parents. I don't think many -if any- would open a book with names, close their eyes, drop their finger on a page and say "That's it. That's the name of my unborn child." Usually parents to be think about the name for months on end.
See it as a gift and carry it with pride!
Thank u so much:)
it makes me smiling now....
they didnt really get a ZERO , but they said when they combined together and got the hint which seems to be ZERO or empty, means I got nothing....also has some hint means the TOTAL WHITE.
when i do a Tarot reading, i do often get the FOOL card:)
this gives me a deep impression:)
I also remmeber a man hanged up side down...

I was very negative since a child, it is true, too...
I only feel better recently.

But right now ,speaking of the new beginning, i m planing a new project but i dont want the old friends know ,so if i register a company , i m worrying if i use my old name , they will know....hmm...
Old 16-05-2016, 04:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by starnight1
Thank u so much:)
it makes me smiling now....
they didnt really get a ZERO , but they said when they combined together and got the hint which seems to be ZERO or empty, means I got nothing....also has some hint means the TOTAL WHITE.
when i do a Tarot reading, i do often get the FOOL card:)
this gives me a deep impression:)
I also remmeber a man hanged up side down...

I was very negative since a child, it is true, too...
I only feel better recently.

But right now ,speaking of the new beginning, i m planing a new project but i dont want the old friends know ,so if i register a company , i m worrying if i use my old name , they will know....hmm...
White is a similar thing.
In colour therapy, it means light and a new beginning (like the Fool!).
White is the colour of purity, simplicity and beauty. It holds all colours of the rainbow. It is the colour of mirroring and reflecting. White gives the possibility to look at yourself and others without judgement. It takes courage to look without judgement, to shine your light on habits, qualities or events that you rather keep hidden.
By reflecting on yourself and by allowing your emotions, you can leave the past behind. And look at the future with a clarity. You create a new space from which you can choose what you really want. From the purity of white, everything is possible!

Sometimes white means to wait, pause, because you cannot choose just yet. For instance because you need time to digest. A period of rest and peace before you continue with something new. This could be after a divorce, changing job and so on.
By giving yourself time and not having to do something, you can recharge the batteries, so you can start a new project when you're ready. (Again this resonates with The Fool, who also just finished something, like a job, relationship, a life lesson and so on)

Apart from that ...
White can tell you that you are very good at holding up the mirror for others, but that you yourself aren't visible anymore. White is the colour of all possibilities (as it holds all other colours), but sometimes it is important to choose, by which you make yourself visible to others again. (by choosing you 'don' a colour, making yourself visible.)
When you place yourself above it all, are objective or don't allow yourself to le led by your emotions, you sort of become invisible. It could be that you are there for others, but that you don't allow others to do something for you. (and remember, it doesn't mean you are meaningless!! it means you are it all --> white = all colours. Ppl are used to seeing a colour, not all in one, which is sort of transparent. Like light is transparent. Which doesn't mean you are nothing. We cannot live without light!)

Sometimes you close yourself off, for instance because something happened that was too painful for you to bear or even look at. White invites you to shine your light on it, and to let your tears go, so the pain can melt and a new space can be created. Tears are part of white, as they cleanse. It's as if tears can cleanse the soul. Bawling you eyes out, can be just as cleansing and refreshing as a nice shower.

---------------------
I hope you let that last bit sink in and don't take it too literally or negatively, because it isn't!

In actual fact it resonates beautifully with the Fool. Also, having space (emptiness) inside isn't necessarily a bad thing (you seem to think so). That space is the place where you can create. Where you can plant seeds of creation and nurture them into life.
I hope for goodness sake you do think about this all, and what I posted earlier, cos my fingers are ****** hurting from typing half a book here, lol.
My own choice, I know. But I hate to see someone get dragged down by stuff that isn't really all that bad! Every coin has two sides, even the moon has a dark side, lol. You (can) choose which side you tap in to. Like the glass is half full or it is half empty ...

Be white, be the Fool, shine your light on anything you want and go for it! You can be / use any colour you want, because you are white. You got it all in you! You can choose. Isn't that a wonderful thing!!
Old 18-05-2016, 01:47 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
White is a similar thing.
In colour therapy, it means light and a new beginning (like the Fool!).
White is the colour of purity, simplicity and beauty. It holds all colours of the rainbow. It is the colour of mirroring and reflecting. White gives the possibility to look at yourself and others without judgement. It takes courage to look without judgement, to shine your light on habits, qualities or events that you rather keep hidden.
By reflecting on yourself and by allowing your emotions, you can leave the past behind. And look at the future with a clarity. You create a new space from which you can choose what you really want. From the purity of white, everything is possible!

Sometimes white means to wait, pause, because you cannot choose just yet. For instance because you need time to digest. A period of rest and peace before you continue with something new. This could be after a divorce, changing job and so on.
By giving yourself time and not having to do something, you can recharge the batteries, so you can start a new project when you're ready. (Again this resonates with The Fool, who also just finished something, like a job, relationship, a life lesson and so on)

Apart from that ...
White can tell you that you are very good at holding up the mirror for others, but that you yourself aren't visible anymore. White is the colour of all possibilities (as it holds all other colours), but sometimes it is important to choose, by which you make yourself visible to others again. (by choosing you 'don' a colour, making yourself visible.)
When you place yourself above it all, are objective or don't allow yourself to le led by your emotions, you sort of become invisible. It could be that you are there for others, but that you don't allow others to do something for you. (and remember, it doesn't mean you are meaningless!! it means you are it all --> white = all colours. Ppl are used to seeing a colour, not all in one, which is sort of transparent. Like light is transparent. Which doesn't mean you are nothing. We cannot live without light!)

Sometimes you close yourself off, for instance because something happened that was too painful for you to bear or even look at. White invites you to shine your light on it, and to let your tears go, so the pain can melt and a new space can be created. Tears are part of white, as they cleanse. It's as if tears can cleanse the soul. Bawling you eyes out, can be just as cleansing and refreshing as a nice shower.

---------------------
I hope you let that last bit sink in and don't take it too literally or negatively, because it isn't!

In actual fact it resonates beautifully with the Fool. Also, having space (emptiness) inside isn't necessarily a bad thing (you seem to think so). That space is the place where you can create. Where you can plant seeds of creation and nurture them into life.
I hope for goodness sake you do think about this all, and what I posted earlier, cos my fingers are ****** hurting from typing half a book here, lol.
My own choice, I know. But I hate to see someone get dragged down by stuff that isn't really all that bad! Every coin has two sides, even the moon has a dark side, lol. You (can) choose which side you tap in to. Like the glass is half full or it is half empty ...

Be white, be the Fool, shine your light on anything you want and go for it! You can be / use any colour you want, because you are white. You got it all in you! You can choose. Isn't that a wonderful thing!!

What u said is so accurate and insightful, it seems my spirit guides sent u to tell me this clearly from here......

During the process of transition, tears accompany me and cleanse me, and i become invisible now, i feel i will become more invisible....
but my ego still not totally healed, and the past trauma or the subconscious fear from authorities powers over me, they make me a bit afraid of the white....because white is a new thing to me, i was used to darkness and always dealing living with dark power.

when i grew more on the path a while ago, i started to see animal totems, they all appeared to me with a white or silve moon light, i dont know why i was scared, i m still a bit so.....i guess also because they r new to me too....sometimes white let me think of death....animals(even if they r small and beautiful) but they r different fierce animals(except last week i saw a white dove it is gentle)......i m afraid of fierce wild animal, although the spirit animals r in a different meaning....
and they r always with white color , or in a white background.

I was born and also in this mission to be a giving soul in adventure,so i need to keep healing the scared timid parts...
I haven't built the trust in the new spiritual worlds spirit totems all the new things....i guess i need to wait and keep on learning.

Thanks again,FairyCrystal:)