Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old Yesterday, 10:41 AM
Ascender
This is an interesting discussion, and to add my two cents; I believe that a lot of people
think of God as an objective creator with human traits and characteristics because in the
Christian Bible it says, paraphrasing, God created man in his own image and likeness.
A number of religions believe this.

So especially in countries, like the U.S., where Christianity is the dominant religion,
this premise is seen as a predicate for God as a person similar to human beings. I was raised
a Christian and also believed that until I found the divine spark of “GOD” that is within me.

From a metaphysical perspective, I came to realize that the likeness of God is within me,
and that my physical body, and this physical universe, was nothing more than an image
projected by that divine energy. The same energy that I found within me, which I often
call “God.” These days for me, that which I call God is omnipresent. It is the one and only
true state of being; and in that state of being there is no “I,” or "me."

The word “God” originated in misogynistic patriarchal cultures that believed in a highest deity
who oversaw all of creation, and that deity was a man. An that man, God, dispenses justice,
rewards and punishments, to those in his creation. It is not my intention to knock anyone’s beliefs,
but I do find it interesting that most who use the word “God” do not see God as a female.

That which I refer to as “God” is indescribable, beyond thoughts, words, and concepts. An in my
opinion “perfection” is but a human concept. I had to laugh when I read something that Katy Perry
said, she loves dogs, and she said the word dog is god spelled backwards. In my opinion, if there
is something called “ultimate perfection” our human minds could not grasp it.
Old Yesterday, 10:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Just wanted to say I am enjoying your conversation this morning.
I was going to comment on grok...I thought, oops, I better be sure.
I was thinking it came from Aldous Huxley in 'Brave New World'...wrong!
It's from 'Stranger in A Strange Land'....for the young people here.
"To understand something emphatically!"....to really 'get it'!

I love the term 'transported', Baile. Hi, Shivani.
Hi, Miss H.

Yeah, it's also quite the "It's life, Jim...but not as we know it" moment.

I am enjoying this discussion as well and thank you for explaining where the term "grok" came from. I've never read that book.

I wish we could all meet in Hawaii...but that's out of my budget, so this thread on SF will just have to do.

It's nice having the 'old gang' back together...it brings out a more 'relaxed' version of myself.
Old Yesterday, 11:10 AM
Master
Ah, made in His image.
My idea of that one was blown when I read Dr. Caroline Leaf's research on
the brain.
We have electrochemical reactions and actions occurring in the brain at a rate of 400 billion per second!
We have approx 3 million years worth of storage space for information in our brains!

A thought looks like a tree with a trunk and many branches in your brain;
each 'thought tree' is made up of cells called neurons.
We have around 100 trillion of these trees in our brains...and each tree can grow 70,000 branches.
Added: So this is why and how we have 3,000,000 yrs worth of storage

'Oh, so that's what is meant by we are created in His image."
Alrighty then!

(I know there is a handful of us 'gang'....we now who we are!)
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones...
Meditate unceasingly, that you quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence"

~Lahiri Mahasaya, the Guru of Yogananda's Guru

I have no scientific evidence for anything I say.

Old Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Master
About 'concepts' and all.

Nothing much has changed in my mind nor in my belief system since my mind "grokked A" as a child.

I figured that 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' and this is not meant as an exercise in affixing limitation or imposing ideas/concepts...it is just a sharing..a very personal ideology.

The labels of being a 'Hindu' and being a 'Shaivite' are still firmly affixed, because it was through those concepts, I was able to transcend them and also be 'transported' to God only knows where.

I have always felt this 'soul connection' to only one Deity...also being fully aware that this 'form' only crudely represents the unlimited potential behind it and so, I have personified "God" only as a representation of what a "God" is.

I am also aware that one aspect of a transcendent reality is 'omnipresence' and so, if this thing called "God" wanted to manifest as a "being"...well, a God without limitation could DO such a thing...but it wouldn't be defined, confined or limited by it.

Maybe it was conditioning, personal choice, past life, whatever...but it was more of a 'revelation' to me rather than any form of choice or indoctrination...but it was the way He (and yes, I am one who uses "He" because I say "God") made me feel deep within my heart...turning it inside-out with unconditional love and that was totally worth it...because I also realised through this, that love is all there is...it is the whole energy and vibration of the universe...God is Love, Him/Her/Itself.

That is the "Image" we are created in.
Old Yesterday, 01:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
I have experienced this as well, so that's why I am also still rather fuzzy about the whole "I am God" bit myself. The ocean becomes the drop, but the ocean is still the ocean and the drop is still the drop.
Speaking of God 'in' the 'form' of the uni-verse 'we' 'peepers' 'find' our 'selves' 'in', here are the first (6) paragraphs of my book, titled Godspeak 2000: (subtitle: Let it Be Known):
"What are you doing with your Life? Could you do better with it? What is Life all about anyway? And just how do you fit into it? The extent of your creative fulfillment depends on how honestly you answer such questions, and the degree to which your judgments and decisions are guided by the truth.

Whether you are young or old, male or female, black, white or color between; whatever your particular features and talents; whichever set(s) of people you ‘belong’ to; and whoever or however many you may be allied with— in ultimate terms, these are relatively minor factors and insignificant distinctions. Primarily and most fundamentally, you are a child of the Universe, sustained and governed by dynamics much greater than your own or those of any human grouping. You may like what you want and attempt what you will, but you will effectively prosper and succeed only insofar as you identify and navigate the vital currents that surround and include both others and yourself, for, in the final analysis, we are all but little fish in Life’s much larger stream. [added note: this analogically is pretty much the same as the 'drop' in an 'ocean' analogy you used, SD, except, by implication, it 'says' that the 'fish' are living beings and that they/we have a different 'form' than the Supreme One, i.e. than the 'ocean'.]

If you wish to be more than just a bouncing ball, pointlessly ricocheting off and between others around you; if your life is to amount to more than a ripple that simply dissipates as it traverses space and time—it is crucial that you understand and appropriately utilize the opportunity inher*ent in being an aspect of vibrant energy within a much greater, infinitely creative flow of energetic vibration.

Your life is a part of all Life, much the way the move*ment of a molecule in its membrane is an integral component of a drum’s total excitation. What you know as Life‑on‑Earth is the conjoint response of our global ‘drumhead’ to a cosmic ‘drumbeat’, partly a function of activity stemming from the sun itself and partly a function of planetary movements. Like a tuning fork, but with much greater complexity because of the tremendous multiplicity and mutuality of our involve*ment, we all ‘vibrate’ together in reflexive co‑motion.

Our weather provides exemplary illustration: Re*sponding to surrounding stimulus, air and water move in periodic patterns that moisten land surfaces and, eroding and dissolving them, mineralize our rivers, lakes and oceans. They thereby both pave the way for and stimulate further ‘vibrational’ developments. As the sun’s rays rhythmically excite elements of the earth, infusing them with power and catalyzing them into motion, they combine and recombine in ascending sequence, with repercussion building upon repercussion.

Your existence is suspended within a texture of ongoing flux, a personal dance within a cosmic symphony of progressive manifestation. You move in response to trends and events around you, and you contribute to the process as well—not just physically, in ways that are undoubtedly familiar, but also psychospiritually, in ways that transcend sensory data."
Woohoo!

In the treatise, titled "What Jesus Really Meant," which is not completed as yet, I went on to say:
"I addressed the same truth analogically in the book, titled Godspeak 2000, which I completed in 1999 by way of saying: “Your life is a part of all Life, much the way the movement of a molecule in its membrane is an integral component of a drum’s total excitation. What you know as Life-on-Earth is the conjoint response of our global ‘drumhead’ to a cosmic ‘drumbeat’, partly a function of activity stemming from the sun itself and partly a function of planetary movements. Like a tuning fork, but with much greater complexity because of the tremendous multiplicity and mutuality of our involvement, we all ‘vibrate’ together in reflexive co-motion.” [bold-face added now] Beware, however, as in the case of any purely mechanical analogy, this too may be misleading: The ‘drummer’ in our case is actually the Spirit which lives in and animates everything and everyone everywhere everywhen at once. It’s not like our sun and/or our planetary configurations are especially causal, in other words. Every aspect of Being, including ‘you’, is an influenced and influential, hence functionally integral, aspect of The Flow* of Creativity,* without exception.

**Note: these asterisked words reference the same features of Life that Jesus metaphorically alluded to as ‘the Son’ and ‘the Father’, which many also think and speak of as Christ and God, respectively, just in more action-descriptive terms I think.
Woohoo squared!!