Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 04-05-2015, 10:46 AM
Deactivated Account

Do something that you like doing. I bought a longboard and do that everyday now, it's freeing and great exercise. Walk/bike to places instead of driving, I cycle to the supermarket that is two miles away just for the exercise. Make it a way of life, that's natural. Appreciate your body for being a vehicle that can take you from A to B, feel the freedom of it. Don't label it as boring. Create a new perspective. It's a choice.
Old 04-05-2015, 06:53 PM
Guide

Exercise is a great way to feel good not only physically, but also mentally because it improves mood and outlook.

Get yourself a notebook, jot down how you feel prior to exercise, and write down how you feel like 15 minutes after you've completed exercising. Read it each day...it will make you want to exercise because you will want to feel good!
Old 14-05-2015, 05:38 PM
Pathfinder

Someone close to me was in an accident when we were 19 and he was paralyzed from the waist down. I believe that has a lot to do with my feelings of gratitude for an able body and a love of exercise. I am 48, now and have been an avid exerciser for most of my life. When I hit a slump and start to feel unmotivated, I remind myself that I am so blessed to be healthy and have a body that allows me to move and do the things I love to do. Find something that you like to do and be grateful for it and your body.
Old 11-08-2015, 06:49 PM
Deactivated Account

I hate exersizing myself as well, I find it boring.
What does motivate me is knowing that if I don't I'll never reach my weight goal, nor would I be fit and healthy.
Old 11-08-2015, 08:17 PM
Knower

Isometric exercises.
Assume a position where muscles are constantly under strain. Just hold yourself in such a position until your muscles can't keep up anymore. Breathing will naturally intensify and deepen also.

For example push-ups. Start doing the push-up, but instead of going all the way down you stop somewhere in the middle where your muscles are working hardest, and just maintain that position for as long as you can.
Muscles are constantly working hard and in need of energy. For this reason these exercises are best for losing excess body fat, and also very good for gaining muscle mass.
These exercises are easy to do and they train muscles quickly. No need to spend hours at the gym or whatever such "up-and-down" exercises. 10-30 minutes of exercises at a time is enough. Also very good as morning exercises.

How much excess fat one has, has nearly nothing to do with exercising or not. It has nearly everything to do with what one eats. To lose excess weight, diet has to be right, and exercising isn't even needed to lose the excess weight.
If muscle mass-weight is wanted, then exercise is absolutely needed, but even then diet has to be right.
Old 12-08-2015, 12:47 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormNexus
Exercise. I need to do it, but I don't want to. What are some ways you've helped motivate yourself to START? What are some ways you've motivated yourself to stick with it?

Whoever does??

For me it's the potential to lose a bit of weight......+ you do feel better for it after. there are few things I hate more than feeling stodge d up.

For me it's 6th sense thing. We all eat too much, too much stuff with additives in. Added to that the stresses of life and we need to be burning off the stress and calories. Remember we don't need to go to the extent of hunting for our food. We don't now even need to walk or ever cycle for it. My body soon tells me when I need to do some cardio....
Old 12-08-2015, 12:53 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by joy111
Someone close to me was in an accident when we were 19 and he was paralyzed from the waist down. I believe that has a lot to do with my feelings of gratitude for an able body and a love of exercise. I am 48, now and have been an avid exerciser for most of my life. When I hit a slump and start to feel unmotivated, I remind myself that I am so blessed to be healthy and have a body that allows me to move and do the things I love to do. Find something that you like to do and be grateful for it and your body.

Good point.

I call in on an old guy who has major back problems and is basically wheel chair bound now...

When I leave there ( a fairly fit male early 50s) and go home it does make you feel differently about what you've got. I've few illusions I'll be where he is one day. One day but not yet.
Old 13-08-2015, 10:00 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Exercise. I need to do it, but I don't want to. What are some ways you've helped motivate yourself to START? What are some ways you've motivated yourself to stick with it?

I hate exercising but what I do is yoga,tai chi and dancing, and I go on walks at least once a week.Try and find something you really like doing.
Old 13-08-2015, 08:14 PM
Master
Quote:

StormNexus - I don't like exercise either, but I make myself do it. Once a person starts exercising, the body can't help but change or improve in health. Cardio is good for the heart and circulation, eliminating toxins. Resistant, weight lifting helps building strong muscles and bones to prevent such things as osteoporosis. There are days that I just don't feel like exercising and I remember something I recently heard: "If you think exercising isn't making a difference, just stop exercising and see what happens." That motivates me because I want to continue to fit in my clothes and I don't want to end up like my parents have who are obese. Those things are what motivate me to exercise. Do you have specific goals? Once you start working out and see a change, it's hard to stop. That's what has worked for me anyway.
Old 13-08-2015, 08:45 PM
Ravenspirit

This is going to sound weird but hypnosis works pretty well for this. There are quite a few CD's out there for weight loss and exercise motivation. I like D Sutphen's myself. Paul McKenna and Kelly Howell from Brain Synch aren't bad either. I hate to exercise but those CD's really did help me get around that...