Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 12-07-2012, 07:34 AM
Knower

Fish Different types of Healers.

Obviously there are different types of healers in the world. What kind are you?

I have been told by a few very good mediums that I am a healer but didn't realize that I was until I was told, funny enough. I am the kind of person who makes things better in peoples lives. I work in healthcare atm, which is something I enjoy doing but would eventually like to get into something else. All the friends and boyfriends I have had, even my fiance now, has had some sort of 'thing' they deal or are dealing with. My best friend drinks a lot, is bulimic and anorexic and cuts herself every once in a while. Yet when she is around me or has frequent visits with me, she stops doing all of this or at least on some occasions, cuts back a lot of it. My ex's have all had different issues but came in the the relationship worse off then when they left. My fiance now, who is WONDERFUL, had the worst problems out of all my ex's combined. He would never leave the house, never had a gf, never kissed a girl, nothing. He had severe agoraphobia. And since we have been together we went and spent a couple days walking around London with each other and going everywhere together and even his mom said that it's because of me that he can do all of this. He was basically a prisoner in his own home for close to 10 years before I came along. Although it makes me feel good hearing about how he has come so far since I have been in his life, I often wonder, 'is this what the mediums have meant when they said I am a healer'? Here is exactly what one of the mediums I know that said to me originally...

"My guides are showing me that you are a healer and that you should practice,if you don’t already practice, a healing modality like Reiki or IET ( Intergrated Energy Therapy). If you are a practitioner already you may want to use your healing skills more often.
My guides are also showing me that you are a channel and you should try to open yourself up to the energies of this a bit more. You can learn to channel, but normally you are born a channel and you are.
You likely have dreams or contact when you are asleep this may have left you wondering. Thinking it may have just been an odd dream. Likely it has been spirit contact.
With practice and direct intention you could begin to channel spirits and guides and get messages not only for yourself but for others.
I also in time see you channeling a new healing modality with the help of spirit, it works like Reiki. You seem to get an attunement from spirit that opens you up to this within the next 4 years. The choice is yours whether you decide to share this knowledge or just use it in your daily life.
You seem to use your healing nature every day and touch many people with your beautiful and loving spirit.

Thanks! I would love to hear feedback and also find out what sort of healer you are :)
Old 12-07-2012, 07:38 AM
Knower

I also wanted to add that I am the only one who can calm him down during one of his bad anxiety attacks. He usually needs to go to the doctor to get a sedative because they are so bad and sometimes they are mild, but either way, I can calm him down if he gets anxiety. I just thought I would add that :)
Old 12-07-2012, 11:19 AM
Reikichris

Mediums often seem to tell people that they are healers - the truth is that we are all capable of giving healing, it is part of our being - sometimes it needs stimualting, sometimes it activates itself.
Listen to no one but yourself - if you feel drawn to healing there is a reason - follow what feels right and you will not go far wrong.

love
chris
Old 15-07-2012, 05:12 PM
Guide
I've actually met people who have been told they are not healers. Anyway, I digress, I'm actually of the mindset that although many people have healing abilities, not all can be Healers.

It's akin to how everyone has intuition or intuitive abilities, but not everyone is a Psychic.

It sounds like you have some pretty strong natural talent there. Congratulations!

I agree with Reikichris says in regards to healing technique, go with what you are drawn to, if you have good communication with your guides, hey, they are great teachers, and fun to work with. There are many paths to choose from, that work with each individual's style/needs.
Old 16-07-2012, 12:57 PM
Administrator
Iam a Healer a spiritual Healer or as sometimes call it a hand healer/
i dont believe that everyone can be Healers just as much as all psychics cant be mediums,you go along the path that you are drawn to, you develop in your own time..

Namaste
Old 18-07-2012, 07:34 AM
churchpartner

Self-Healing - Any healing that is accomplished by the individual, with or without help. All healing requires the consent or the permission and intention of the person who is being healed. This consent may be given before the process of healing by allowing the healing process or openly seeking it out, or it may be given after the healing has occurred. When consent is not given healing is either blocked or delayed. When healed spontaneously and consent is not allowed after the healing process has taken place, what often happens next may be refer to as “relapse,” the condition returns.
Old 18-07-2012, 08:35 AM
Guide
I'm a natural healer, healing comes to me without even thinking. I tend to use the 'hand healing' method of just hovering my hand over someone, I've never really looked into reiki or anything.

I've also found I'm a magnet for people with issues of all kind. People who I barely know often feel that they trust me and confide in me about the darkest of things, stuff they have not told anyone before. Lots of friends I've had have suffered from depression and self harm and such. I'm always in my element when I'm trying to help them out, talking to them, listening to their problems and trying to help lift their spirits. I've often been told I'm quite a good counsellor - when I was younger I considered training as a counsellor but so far haven't taken it up. As long as I'm helping people though, I'm happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewolf0911
You likely have dreams or contact when you are asleep this may have left you wondering. Thinking it may have just been an odd dream. Likely it has been spirit contact.
This is interesting to me and kind of resonates. I have a lot of very vivid dreams that are completely bizarre, I never looked on it as being spirit contact before, only the occasional dream that I feel I can read into. Perhaps I should look more closely from now on.
Old 18-07-2012, 08:40 AM
Knower

Illumine,
I have spirit contact evrey night in my dreams. From my father who died in march from cancer, to a voice that I hear that is so real that I wake up and I still hear it giving me messages. Even if the messages are seemingly silly, I still appreciate any message spirit has for me :) Its great!
Old 18-07-2012, 03:32 PM
Nebulous

I don't know what kind of healer I am honestly, I just sort of do it. I've referred to it as 'energy work' just as a blanket term...and I've had others tell me that they thought it looked like it was shamanic or 'psychic surgery'.

All I know is when I go to heal, I can see what's wrong with the person - old broken bones that've healed, internal issues or scarring, infections, toxic energies. I may not know the medical terms, but when I describe the problem they are often shocked that I see it. It looks like a full-color X-ray to me sometimes - other times I might have a problem stand out in stark contrast to the healthy tissue, as though it's calling out to me - either glowing, or just showing up and the rest becoming faded or dark with just one part highlighted. When I see part of the body suffering I feel like it's something that's "off" or "doesn't fit" with the rest, and the problem sticks out in the way a big wrench might be visible sticking out of a car engine...it's hard to explain. And then I just suck in energy from all around me, reach out, gently float through the layers of skin or muscle or whatever straight to the problem - and begin to "tweak" things. It feels like working on the gears and cogs of a clock, little minute details sometimes. Then I flush out a black sludge of toxic energy, and replace it with healing energy - sometimes having to tweak things so the healing will 'soak in' rather than being 'rejected'. And a lot of times while I work, I might see metaphoric images or even symbols that have intrinsic meanings that words fail to really describe.

So, I don't really know what all that is. I just sort of do it. That's the best way I know how to describe it.

As for you littlewolf, that's really amazing that you've been able to touch the life of your fiance! It may be that you have a very warm and healing personality and a way with people, you know? Sounds to me like you're very accepting and approachable and that helped to build the confidence of those around you. That in and of itself is very healing, so it may be that that's what the medium meant. :)

It's really up to you whether you want to practice healing techniques. I'm of the belief that nobody can tell you you're a healer, any more than someone can tell you you're a lawyer or gifted with music...you choose for yourself, and you're good at what you're good at. If you feel drawn to it and naturally seem to work well with a certain healing method, all the more power to ya! :)
Old 19-07-2012, 03:49 AM
Knower

LOL, what's funny is that I have always been completely drawn to working with patients and in the medical field, which is what I do now. That is truly a gift that you posses, Nebulous. Do you do distance healing or does it only work with those who are physically close to you? Again, what an amazing gift!!!