Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 12-12-2011, 07:23 PM
Neville

A non dualist religion might be nice..Please

Too many paths tell you what is the opposite, and undesired in addition to outlining what they are. The lengths they go to to indoctrinate us as to what is not the path and what is.

Well I rather think that life is the ongoing spiritual experience. we all live one. and have you noticed, all sorts happen in it. "Godly stuff" and "Ungodly stuff"

Life being a spiritual experience should surely have a religion or path that reflects that and acknowledges that all sorts happens.

Not a Religion or Path that states out or nowt that this is forbidden and that should never happen, because such expectations are in the final analysis entirely unfeasible, even impossible.

Perhaps Religions and Paths are more about aspirations or models.e.g.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone,,,So there won't be any stones ever being thrown, I assume.

Do unto others as you would have done to yourself...Well I don't know about you but I remember some have not been very nice to me.

Forgive those that sin against us...Oh so its OK for someone to not be very nice to us because we turn the other cheek all the time, having said that, why equip us with just the two cheeks.

Then of course the sucker punch...Be as nice as you can, or I your deity will be horrible to you.

It is far too much of an uphill battle to try and meet expectations laid down by belief systems for practitioners when they are written as hard fast rules, or commandments.

Not singling out any faith or path for this ramble. However i would sure appreciate a nice easy path that recognizes that all sorts of stuff happens for good and ill and (If you are listening. You know who you are) This is apparently your will...An act of God. Oh that makes it OK then Its alright for you to do it...If me or anyone else did it. It is simply evil and unconscionable

Anyways,

a Nice easy, non dualist path is what is needed... Suggestions on a postcard to Neville, care of the Home for the bewildered Earth.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:28 PM
Master
...my favorite bit>>>

Quote:
Forgive those that sin against us...Oh so its OK for someone to not be very nice to us because we turn the other cheek all the time, having said that, why equip us with just the two cheeks.

Excellent~*

Old 12-12-2011, 08:57 PM
Master
Non-dualism religion.... I certainly hope not.

Xan

Old 12-12-2011, 09:01 PM
arive nan

There is at least one. I mean, Advaita is one. There are probably others but I can't list them off the top of my head.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:01 PM
Neville

Advaita seems on initial investigation to require a guru, however that said, we are certainly along the right lines of my inquiry, I wonder if there is a solitary form of non dualistic religion I may be able to discover.

I think I'm looking for a faith/belief that is all encompassing, I may have already found it in basic paganism. a belief in the things you can see or feel, like the Earth, Wind, water and Fire. The Sun, Earth moon and Stars. The role of the Ancestors and how their remains return to the earth. Just simple stuff. The sabbats resonate as they relate to distinctive agricultural cycles and calendar dates.

Trees , Rivers, Oceans all have significance as do all living creatures because they are in it with me. So you see it is really simple. Maybe I should stick with my basic paganism as it seems to be what I was looking for as a path . A religion we can live and experience with none of the intangibles issuing instructions about what you should and what you should not do.
Old 13-12-2011, 12:38 AM
pre-dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
Reasons:
God is a duality God, therefore one would expect him to give you exactly 2 cheeks, nothing more, nothing less.
He also gave us only 2 arms, left cheek for hitting by the other person's right arm, and right cheek for left arm.
2 cheeks is balanced.
Having more than 2 cheeks would mean one would have to spin around. That could result in us getting dizzy and falling with potential serious injury.
Old 13-12-2011, 12:52 AM
pre-dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
It is far too much of an uphill battle to try and meet expectations laid down by belief systems for practitioners when they are written as hard fast rules, or commandments.
They may be written as such, a reflection of the developmental stage of humanity at the time, but in their essence they are more like a vision of how things should ideally be.

A vision should be bold, far-reaching, big, practical, and almost impossible to attain. It must challenge us and as such it is clear from the outset that many times, most of the time, we do not succeed and are unable to live up to it.
If success was easy one would always have to ask "what's next? what now?" Where would we find this next thing to aim for?

When this forum was created I am sure that the vision was to have 100000 members, a thousand posts per day.
Of what use would a vision that sees 10 members, with 2 posts a year be?
Old 13-12-2011, 01:00 AM
Master
Even uttering the word non-dualism is not true, so how are you going to make a religion out of it, organize it ? lol.
Old 13-12-2011, 01:11 AM
Mayflow

Non dualism is like this. All things are a part of everything.
Old 13-12-2011, 12:04 PM
Neville

Quote:
Non dualism is like this. All things are a part of everything.

hello Mayflow,

What you say here is clearly the truth to me. Yet, some strictly adhere to a dualist faith and path and in effect close off, shut out an aspect or aspects of existence, which to me seems self evidently anathema to wholeness.

In effect adherence to a path or faith that is dualist prevents a person from experiencing wholeness and this is done as a matter of personal choice in some cases while conditioning plays a role on others. depriving one of the fullest possible experience of living. which i think is a bit of a shame really.

If I consider just a few of the deadly sins for instance.

as a child I have ate too much chocolate....So that was Gluttony.
On some occasion or other I have said or expressed a sentiment similar to "You can't have that because it belongs to me" Avarice.
I have been known to collect things, hoard even(my crystal collection springs to mind) so that's greed I got covered too.

As we can see there are some ideals that some religions would have us adhere to that are clearly cloud castles. as I have mentioned, I hame happy to follow basic Paganism in the absence of a more realistic and un exclusive approach