Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 27-09-2017, 03:08 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
Helping others is a spiritual practice. Spiritual practice does not mean helping others

I can understand. I'm not stuck in any traditional system of how it's suppose to be so I realize I have no one telling me I should do this or do that. My orientation is more New Age and from my experience, a bit of cause and effect. Then it is my ego or my experience that says it or made me say it. But still, I am very sad to see this part confirmed as an ordinary person. Here I'm presenting this through my eyes, this is me. It is not intended a judgment but what I would say. I also thought I had learned to, I have to admit that. It is not acceptable to me as an ordinary person and something I thought I learned...lol. I would expect a spiritual person to help. But there is as you imply a deaf side to it. And this was my realization from talking to spiritual people. Interesting how we see things.

What I have come to see, in "any" religion etc, is if any part was not quite right would you do it and the answer is yes. I know this goes against specific teaching and freeing one's thought dimensionally. I don't see what was said any different then what happens. If I ask a spiritual person for help, I expect it. This is of interest to hear this is not the way, which was not good enough to me then, which I have heard before btw. So this is not something new, I just didn't believe it! Wow. What I've heard about so called advancement. It is cold, aloft, and withdrawn. Again, my experience....

(amended)

Last edited by lemex : 27-09-2017 at 05:12 PM.
Old 27-09-2017, 04:35 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Angel1 Spiritual Practices--Breaths{ Oxgenation }

Spiritual Practices{ some }:

helping{ healing } self

helping{ healing } others

search for truth

speaking truth

respecting justice/fairness

respect for the ecological environment that sustains all humans

knowing and acknowledging ones short comings, or crazy actions, is 50% of expressing sanity

r6

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 27-09-2017, 05:24 PM
Guide
I've had my fair share of meeting of few people were indeed out there. I'm an open minded person and I don't criticize people. At one time I lived with my best friend and things turned a bit ugly when he kept pushing his beliefs onto me and keep me up all hours of the night.

We've ended up going our separate ways and I think it's for the better. I'm open to listening to people and hearing their opinions. One thing I won't tolerate is when people badger me, get up in my face and put me down.
Old 27-09-2017, 08:42 PM
Kioma

Quote:
When I see someone in pain and they are clawing out for help, looking for anyone they can push underwater for a little more buoyancy, well I just avoid them.
I think this really gets to the heart of the matter. I've known lots of very odd people. I'm fairly odd myself. "Crazy' to me has a very negative connotation, as someone who does harm to someone else. To me, altruism is the height of sanity. It's those people who casually and with equanimity exploit people for there own purposes who hold humanity back.

Abraham Lincoln said everyone was born unique, but sadly far too many die copies. Also sad is the harsh stigma of being 'abnormal', and the fierce 'righteousness' (that is, judgement and condescension) some people employ to enforce those standards.

Quote:
I should mention that I still have compassion and love for almost all of mankind. I say almost all because I haven't met all kinds of people yet, and I have came close to not being able to recognize the love and compassion I have for certain people. I've come to understand that when the manipulative seek to use love and compassion as a weapon against me, the most compassionate thing I can do is not arm them. They are just hurting their selves, if I arm them with love, what kind of crime is that. it is a crime of selfishness and laziness, I love because it's easy, not because it's the right or best thing for every situation. I think this is an important lesson I am learning now. When does my love and compassion arm my enemies, and how can I help them without having unconditional love and compassion for them... is my presence required for me to help them through having love and compassion for them? Can I love them from afar, as God does, and will it make a difference in the world or do I do that for selfish reasons? Who am I to sit idly by, loving from afar, when I can love up close and personally? Who am I if I can only love a select few up close and personally?

All these questions are heavy on my mind and bring me a lot of pain lately.
Those are very good questions. I will tell you that love always makes a difference. It may not be the difference you want, it may not be apparent to you what that difference is, but it does make a difference. Just think of the alternative, and what difference that would make.

Old 27-09-2017, 09:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Helping others is a spiritual practice. Spiritual practice does not mean helping others

Just wanted to toss in a comment here. While I agree Spiritual practice does not necessitate helping others (think Cloistered nuns, monks, priest etc) it is interesting to note in many healing traditions one is required to heal others for graduation or certification as quantifiable proficiency must be repeatable and demonstrated. Most importantly it is taught that to heal others is to heal the self.

For example currently I will be doing free readings for the public once a week or more for the next year as part of my undergraduate studies with Psychic Horizons. Mind you I've been doing them professionally and weekly for two years now - however to move graduate level work I must complete a year of demonstrated proficiency at the undergraduate level.

The reason stated (even though I'm already a working professional) is that Reading is the best way to move through personal energies to see without contamination (bias from the ego) It is considered self healing work.

This is true of many healing modalities and psychic ability studies under organizational or university systems. A person who has not done their own inner work (others act as a mirror to see our own innards) will not be an effective practitioner as it is hard to see beyond their own biases being mirrored back to them.
Old 27-09-2017, 09:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
I can understand. I'm not stuck in any traditional system of how it's suppose to be so I realize I have no one telling me I should do this or do that. My orientation is more New Age and from my experience, a bit of cause and effect. Then it is my ego or my experience that says it or made me say it. But still, I am very sad to see this part confirmed as an ordinary person. Here I'm presenting this through my eyes, this is me. It is not intended a judgment but what I would say. I also thought I had learned to, I have to admit that. It is not acceptable to me as an ordinary person and something I thought I learned...lol. I would expect a spiritual person to help. But there is as you imply a deaf side to it. And this was my realization from talking to spiritual people. Interesting how we see things.

What I have come to see, in "any" religion etc, is if any part was not quite right would you do it and the answer is yes. I know this goes against specific teaching and freeing one's thought dimensionally. I don't see what was said any different then what happens. If I ask a spiritual person for help, I expect it. This is of interest to hear this is not the way, which was not good enough to me then, which I have heard before btw. So this is not something new, I just didn't believe it! Wow. What I've heard about so called advancement. It is cold, aloft, and withdrawn. Again, my experience....

(amended)

This will depend where they are in their Path. Not everyone has reach a level of self-lessness and see's other as extensions of themselves, instead they are still undoing trauma, training and bad inner programming, they don't yet have the tools to help others and are barely getting through this task of sorting out their innards and self healing.

However when one reaches the 'self as other' level one's whole life is lived as an offering of love to others. (Energy for energy- it is fair and just that there is an exchange of value given, otherwise they will be quickly used up by the needy who care to offer nothing for help given and only take and consume.)

I'm sorry you have had the experiences you have had, there are many golden hearted self-less people far along the Path of Consciousness and I hope in time you will cross paths with them if it is meant to be.
Old 27-09-2017, 10:21 PM
Master
You see, the way I currently feel is I will post a thread on a spiritual site- none in particular any site really, including this one.

Then for a couple days I will not see but one response. Then I will pout start to feel bad or ill feelings, rant to myself about how people are supposed to be spiritual and they are supposed to help seeing as I will go to hell and back to help another.

Then comes my realization.... in essence: What did you expect? People are working, maybe someone isn't answering because they themselves are in a jam. Relax and be patient. You will be answered when and if someone is able to. And then Have you considered they simply may not know?

In other words my higher self lets me know to quit pitching my emotional fit, to let go of expecting things, any answers, to thank those who do, and realize those who do not are only human and capable as myself of only so much effort and time.

Not everyone is at the same level as CrystalSong wrote. Those I sometimes answer others may not be able to, I am not always able to answer others as they like, or exactly what they are looking for. As others are not always able to answer myself with the exact information I am looking for or in the way I need.

In these instances I have another choice. I ask myself.

And don't get me started on crazy. I've been there and back.

You see there is out there spiritual crazy or (whacky).

And then there is crazy crazy.

Then there is beyond crazy crazy- there's sociopathic. The people who give you the immediate- Bad vibes.

Spiritual whacky crazy doesn't scare me. As I've seen much worse.

-Pluto.
Old 27-09-2017, 10:53 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto

-Pluto.

We are all individuals who happen to be interested in the same thing.
Thoughts and feelings are common, but emotion runs deep - as varied as there are fruits.

I've been enjoying the warm autumn weather, and the seasonal change of colour.
It occurred to me today that the trees are beginning to bloom in a way much different from the spring/summer bloom. Each tree putting on an extravagant display of individuality. Some just showing off.
I could ask the universe why this happens, and for what purpose does it serve. Though, for the time being I'd rather take it all in than try working it out.
Old 28-09-2017, 12:49 AM
Kioma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kine Lea
We are all individuals who happen to be interested in the same thing.
Thoughts and feelings are common, but emotion runs deep - as varied as there are fruits.

I've been enjoying the warm autumn weather, and the seasonal change of colour.
It occurred to me today that the trees are beginning to bloom in a way much different from the spring/summer bloom. Each tree putting on an extravagant display of individuality. Some just showing off.
I could ask the universe why this happens, and for what purpose does it serve. Though, for the time being I'd rather take it all in than try working it out.
I know wisdom when I see it.
Old 28-09-2017, 02:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
You see, the way I currently feel is I will post a thread on a spiritual site- none in particular any site really, including this one.

Then for a couple days I will not see but one response. Then I will pout start to feel bad or ill feelings, rant to myself about how people are supposed to be spiritual and they are supposed to help seeing as I will go to hell and back to help another.

Then comes my realization.... in essence: What did you expect? People are working, maybe someone isn't answering because they themselves are in a jam. Relax and be patient. You will be answered when and if someone is able to. And then Have you considered they simply may not know?

In other words my higher self lets me know to quit pitching my emotional fit, to let go of expecting things, any answers, to thank those who do, and realize those who do not are only human and capable as myself of only so much effort and time.

Not everyone is at the same level as CrystalSong wrote. Those I sometimes answer others may not be able to, I am not always able to answer others as they like, or exactly what they are looking for. As others are not always able to answer myself with the exact information I am looking for or in the way I need.

And don't get me started on crazy. I've been there and back.

You see there is out there spiritual crazy or (whacky).

And then there is crazy crazy.

Then there is beyond crazy crazy- there's sociopathic. The people who give you the immediate- Bad vibes.

Spiritual whacky crazy doesn't scare me. As I've seen much worse.

-Pluto.
I also used to feel like this.

There are many reasons why posts/threads don't see many or any replies.

For example, you typed a response to a thread of mine a week ago and it took me three days to reply to you because I wanted to give your post much thought and due consideration before I replied and not just type the first thing that came from the top of my head.

Some forums (including this one) don't really have that many active members anymore either. I would love to have been on SF at inception or for up to 6 months after that, but now we've got about 30-40 active members who mostly visit sub-forums like 'Twin Flames' and 'Relationships' and 'Healing' and if anybody makes a post in any of those forums, I'm not going to reply because I know absolutely nothing about it (and don't wish to know).

Then, as you said...other people have things to do besides posting on SF and they may only have time to come on for an hour or so every day and so they must triage which posts will get a reply and which they haven't got time to reply to and also with this server the way it is now (and has been for the past 6 weeks) many just cannot post or reply to anything...and so it is that posts go languishing without replies.

Also, in some cases (and in mine), simple math just needs to be done. Lets say we have 40 active, regular members. I could bet I'd be on about half of those people's ignore lists, leaving 20...then out of that 20, half wouldn't know anything about the topic or the content of any single post I make, leaving 10, then out of those 10, half may just feel like not replying or are too busy to reply, leaving 5, then out of those five, half may feel like replying, think, 'I'll do it later' and become too distracted or simply forget, leaving 2.5, then out of those 2.5, half may have computer problems or problems with the server or their internet access...so in the end, you should feel blessed if only a single person replies, because they may have had to endure infinite hardships to do so.

However, when I feel like you do/did and I get annoyed that my posts/threads see no replies after a few days or a week, that's usually the sign for me to go off SF for a month or two. You know how a 'watched pot never boils' right? When you go off SF for a month, you log back into your CP...see like 20 replies to all your subscribed threads and it's like Christmas.