Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Ayurveda

Old 28-01-2015, 03:20 PM
Experiencer
low-carb/high fat diet and disregulated thyriod and adrenal gland function

Hello everyone,

I changed my diet very drastically from a high carb, high protein to a low carb high fat diet. I ate about 200-220 grams of fat and about 30 grams of carb daily.

After a few weeks, I felt my heart throbbing and week, so I drastically decided to switch back to a normal diet. Now, I still have have the systemps of my heart throbbing, I feel very tired, I wake up at nights, I feel cold and I have difficulty concentration.

I believe my thyriod is unbalanced. I am meditating, eating whole foods, magnesium supplements to rebalance myself.

How long do you think it will think before I am vital again?
Do you think this will balance itself out or should I visit a docter, I am not insured and I don't have the money to visit a docter so this is my last option.

Thank you,
Old 02-02-2015, 01:03 PM
Deactivated Account

When I took magnesium supplements, I had a throbbing heart, could it be that? I seem to get it from all supplements. Magnesium is fantastic but maybe your body doesn't want it through supplements. Try eating foods high in magnesium. I'm not a doctor but this is just a suggestion from the same thing happening to me. I don't like supplements because I took a lot of them in the past thinking I would be healthier but they made me feel tired and worse, when I stopped, I started to feel balanced. Now I have a simple healthy diet, do my daily exercise, lots of nature and fresh air and meditation and this works great. What I realised is that sometimes, it's more simple than we think. We don't have to overload our bodies, just being gentle is the key.

Hope that helps in some way. You'll find what works for you. It's great that you are trying new things, just take it slow and don't worry too much.
Old 02-02-2015, 01:07 PM
Deactivated Account

Also, intuition is a powerful thing, connect with it and you'll notice that you will be drawn to particular foods. I remember when I used to eat dairy, I never felt great, I was always fatigued with bad digestion but never saw the connection. Every time I consumed it, I felt guilty, my gut feeling was telling me not to eat it. So, I cut it out and have never looked back since. Trust your bodies wisdom!
Old 01-03-2015, 11:22 PM
Experiencer

Speaking as someone from a meical background, I'd say you did yourself no favours in changing to a High Fat, low carb diet.. Its no wonder you feel unwell.. I should think your Cholesterol is far to high now.. I hope you are not a Diabetic... you gave yourself Malnutricon...
You might want to consult a Dietician and your family Doctor ...
Your body needs Protien and simple sugars.. Where was this in your diet..?

Here is an exple of a Crank Diet.. Remember the 'Atkins Diet'.. He advocated a diet of large amounts of red meat, high fat etc and pretty much zero of fruit and vegetables etc...

You won't find him writing any more Diet books, on account he collapsed with a heart attack whilst out jogging and died...
Heres an example of the harm a bad diet can do. Please eat sensibly..
Old 03-03-2015, 02:03 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Wolf Medicine Woman
Speaking as someone from a meical background, I'd say you did yourself no favours in changing to a High Fat, low carb diet.. Its no wonder you feel unwell.. I should think your Cholesterol is far to high now.. I hope you are not a Diabetic... you gave yourself Malnutricon...
You might want to consult a Dietician and your family Doctor ...
Your body needs Protien and simple sugars.. Where was this in your diet..?

Here is an exple of a Crank Diet.. Remember the 'Atkins Diet'.. He advocated a diet of large amounts of red meat, high fat etc and pretty much zero of fruit and vegetables etc...

You won't find him writing any more Diet books, on account he collapsed with a heart attack whilst out jogging and died...
Heres an example of the harm a bad diet can do. Please eat sensibly..

Thank you for your reply.

I am trying to eat sensibly and listen to my body now. However, I don't know how to listen and what it needs anymore.

I have discoverd that I am sensitive to certain food mixing which gives me constipation so I am mixing less of different foods. I added more complex carbs and proteine.

Could you cast your eye on my menu?

breakfast:
goat yoghurt 250 ml
quinoa oats 3 tablespoon

snack:
pecan or brazil nuts 3 tablespoon

Lunch I:
1,5 tablespoon of spirulina
2 apples
4 tablespoons of hemp seed
500 ml water

Lunch II:
2 tablespoons of ghee
200 grams of carrots
100 grams of broccoli

snack:
advocado
dinner:
2 tablespoons of ghee
200 grams of carrots
100 grams of broccoli
100 grams of mackerel
a cup of mixed celerey and greens

snack:
1 tablespoon of wheatgrass
1 tablespoon of spirulina

half a glass of warmed pastheurized goat milk

I drink atleast 3,5-4 liters of water a day.
Old 07-03-2015, 07:27 PM
Experiencer

Hi Dreamer Love... I looked at your diet and to be honest it does sound a little bizarre to me.. But then I'm a carnivore..
I know what you mean by developing 'Sensitivities' to food stuff... At one point I had Multiple allergy syndrome.. 23 different ones and it was a real problem...

I'd try to follow and exclusion diet and then gradually introduce one item a week and see if I reacted... I started out on 3 things, Lamb, Rice and pears..
I used to become allergic to everything the Naturopath came up with.. But I did buy some 'Forever Livong' Aloe Vera Gel.... Very expensive but it works.. I had to take about 30mls 3 times a day with a little apple juice... It acted like a protector and gradually I was able to introduce new foods.... I found going to a Medical Homeopath was a great help, as if I took a suppliment I became sensitive to that after a week or two.
I am not a Dietician, yet have spent years on various diets...

It is important not to be 'Malnourished'... It it were me, I'd be worried about the Ghee... and the lack of variety.. I think the nuts and seeds would actually irritate a sensitive gut.... Do you avoid dairy? As if you can take it Bacillus acidophulus culture is soothing and great for recoloninsing the normal flora and motility of your gut.. You can use the Tablets/ capsulse from a Health food store and take Natural greek yogurt with a little honey and fresh fruit chopped into it... Have you thought of 'Sprouting your seeds?? Maybe Mung beans or Alfalfa.. that might ring the changes..
Good luck with it..
Old 07-03-2015, 10:56 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer_love
Thank you for your reply.

I am trying to eat sensibly and listen to my body now. However, I don't know how to listen and what it needs anymore.

I have discoverd that I am sensitive to certain food mixing which gives me constipation so I am mixing less of different foods. I added more complex carbs and proteine.

Could you cast your eye on my menu?

breakfast:
goat yoghurt 250 ml
quinoa oats 3 tablespoon

snack:
pecan or brazil nuts 3 tablespoon

Lunch I:
1,5 tablespoon of spirulina
2 apples
4 tablespoons of hemp seed
500 ml water

Lunch II:
2 tablespoons of ghee
200 grams of carrots
100 grams of broccoli

snack:
advocado
dinner:
2 tablespoons of ghee
200 grams of carrots
100 grams of broccoli
100 grams of mackerel
a cup of mixed celerey and greens

snack:
1 tablespoon of wheatgrass
1 tablespoon of spirulina

half a glass of warmed pastheurized goat milk

I drink atleast 3,5-4 liters of water a day.

I just wanted to add, that is way too much water, your body can go off balance, look it up, a lot of people have had problems from consuming too much water - such as dizziness and digestive problems. Drink when thirsty only - that is your body telling you it wants water. Drink in small amounts throughout the day - don't feel like you have to have 500ml + at once. Just take a few sips. Take it easy.

Also, I read that brazil nuts have high amounts of selenium and you should only eat 1/2 at the most, a lot of people had problems only to realise it was because they were having too much selenium

Another thing - go slow with spirulina - it has powerful effects on the body and can cause strong detox symptoms that not everyone can tolerate. Again - especially with digestion, dizziness, foggy headedness

I understand that with spirulina you have to drink a lot of water - just don't over do it - I know from experience that it's really easy to have too much of something because of the desire to be healthy

An alkaline diet is the best option with variety
Old 07-03-2015, 11:31 PM
Dr. Atkins fell, went into a coma for a week and died in 2003.
The family did not have an autopsy done so the heart attack is rumor.
It can be checked on snopes.com....btw.

Later his diet was further researched and developed into the Ketogenic diet...
way less protein, (not so hard on the kidneys, btw), increased fat, low carbs.
Dr. Atkins diet was no carbs for the first 2 weeks, btw...it introduced carbs slowly after that.
It was never a no carb diet for more than those first 2 weeks.

A person had a rich variety of vegetables...later many fruits were allowed...

Oh, and I agree...that is too much water on his list.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 08-03-2015, 09:16 AM
Deactivated Account

http://naturalsociety.com/why-drinki...o-your-health/

- here you are dreamer love I came across this today